Who Meddled more Putin or Trump? The Collusion Thread visits Venezuela

I've ignored this thread, on the grounds of it being a stupid premise, for over a year.

It's all I dreamed it would be.

wow, and we've filled 69 pages with this drivel too.

I'm going to stand tough on the "Rose Garden" thread. 

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

The GOP drops two "bombshells" to challenge the Dems' Russia narrative: "Secret Society" reported by "FBI informant" and "FBI frame-up of Donald Trump." The FBI as sacred cow is no more.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/29/1736458/-Cartoon-Trump-vs-the-Deep-State

Can you explain how the reference to "secret society" is a joke?

tom said:

I've ignored this thread, on the grounds of it being a stupid premise, for over a year.

It's all I dreamed it would be.

Your timing is off. The thread premise of Hillary's collusion with the Russian government is now officially part of the investigation:

Part of an investigation. I believe there are currently 3 investigations.

Since you repeated posting the letter, I'll repeat my comment about the whole "Hillary colluded" nonsense. 

South_Mountaineer said:

Muliplying it by 6 doesn't make it a better argument. 

I guess you're saying that Hillary got something from the DNC which got it from the law firm which got it from Fusion which got it from Steele who got it from "Russian government sources" and therefore she's a bigger colluder than Trump. And with a straight face. 

Question - if getting information that started out as from someone who works in the Russian government means Hillary colluded, does that mean that Wikileaks "colluded" with the United States because it got information that started out as from someone who worked for our government?
paulsurovell said:

Addendum to my post above of the Grassley-Graham letter to the DNC, asking for information about

"Christopher Steele's  creation of a series of memos relying largely on Russian government sources to make allegations against Donald Trump and his associates

Similar letters were sent to:

-- Hillary for America (HFA)
-- Former DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
-- Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile
-- HFA Chair John Podesta
-- HFA Chief Strategist Joel Benenson

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/grassley-graham-send-batch-letters-related-potential-political-influence-fbi

This thread can be used as compost for the Rose Garden (thread).

Republicans investigate Hillary, film at 11.

It's their go-to distraction. That and Hannity's car-crash video.

Tom - this thread is a great example of spin - mostly from Paul.  It also continues to unite Trump and Bernie supporters to take Hillary down another notch.  The Hillary collusion is weak at best.  The Trump spin/cover up side is truly tearing at the fabric of our democracy.

paulsurovell said:

Are you serious?  Have read any of the debunking of the "secret society"?  Can you show us reference to it beyond the one text message?

Do you think if there was a secret society - they would actually call it that?

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

Are you serious?  Have read any of the debunking of the "secret society"?  Can you show us reference to it beyond the one text message?

The first rule of the secret society is...

tom said:

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

Ask why no calendars have been released.

How can you know you are in a secret society if you don't call it a secret society? Otherwise, it's just a club, no? (In this case, the FBI Russian Calendar Fun! club.)

ridski said:

tom said:

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

Ask why no calendars have been released.

That's the real mystery. It's almost February for crying out loud.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

The GOP drops two "bombshells" to challenge the Dems' Russia narrative: "Secret Society" reported by "FBI informant" and "FBI frame-up of Donald Trump." The FBI as sacred cow is no more. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1/29/1736458/-Cartoon-Trump-vs-the-Deep-State

I hope that comment was a joke.  If it's not, I hope you actually get some information from a source that isn't in the tank for Trump's attack on the FBI:

The text message between two FBI employees that launched days of Republican speculation about a "secret society" contains a reference to a gag gift of Vladimir Putin-themed calendars that one of the employees purchased for those working on the early stage of the Russia investigation, sources familiar with the exchange tell CNN.

The sources added that the message between FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI agent Peter Strzok was simply an attempt at humor when they were feeling down after the election, with one source calling it a tongue-in-cheek reference. One source said the calendar joke seemed less funny to them the day after Donald Trump won. …

"Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society," Page wrote to Strzok in the message.

It was in the news.

[Edited to add]

Having seen the comments below, I add the following to this post:

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

As Senator Johnson said, it's possible it was a joke. But no one has explained how "secret society" is a joke. As a comedian, what's your explanation?

paulsurovell said:

As Senator Johnson said, it's possible it was a joke. But no one has explained how "secret society" is a joke. As a comedian, what's your explanation?

If you read the exchange and imagine it as anything other than a joke, then no amount of explaining can possibly work. 

paulsurovell said:

jamie said:

paulsurovell said:

OMG - stunned.  Paul - I'm speechless that an explanation is needed.  Should we pick apart everyone's text messages?  The joke was probably a personal joke among the people texting it.  (Should we move this discussion to our "Secret society" subforum?)  ....see those of you in the know over there!   blank stare

It's really amazing.

dave23 said:

paulsurovell said:

If you read the exchange and imagine it as anything other than a joke, then no amount of explaining can possibly work. 

It could be a joke, but what's the point of reference?

paulsurovell said:

dave23 said:

paulsurovell said:

Perhaps they're joking about a secret society over a lunch date they had the day before?   

Maybe it's their in joke to describe their, I believe illicit, sexual relationship.

paulsurovell said:

dave23 said:

paulsurovell said:

You're really asking me to explain the exact source of a joke between two FBI agents who were having an affair? 

"Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society."  As a conspiracy theorist, can you explain how that's NOT a joke, but really a conspiracy (amateurish though it may be, especially for Federal agents). 

Luckily, if there's a conspiracy within the FBI, we know who to turn to. "The Truth is out there."

paulsurovell said:

Washington Examiner?  

meantime while the hand wringing over “new Cold War” because Russia, the moron in charge want more tactical nukes.  

Why aren’t you screaming bloody murder about that?  Meantime it’s stonewalling what is obvious and falling on the side of Fox News FFS.  

Trump will be in prison with the rest of his family if justice has anything to do with this and hopefully there will be an adult in charge next time. 

dave said:

Washington Examiner?  

Paul and Byron York are BFF. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!