The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

doubt it — just a man with ulterior motives would be my guess.

mtierney said:
doubt it — just a man with ulterior motives would be my guess.

I'm presuming you're coming to that conclusion because of his name. If his name was Charlie Smith, I'd dare say we'd all be talking about how appalling the country's mental health system is.

mtierney said:
adding to the mystery with more mystery...
Who needs gun license in 36 states? Who kidnaps his own son to bring him across country for health treatment?  Who travels with multiple weapons and stores of ammunition to do so? Who allows the boy’s body to lie abandoned on the compound?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/new-mexico-compound-georgia-wahaj.html?rref=collection%2Fissuecollection%2Ftodays-new-york-times

He probably didn't have a license in 36 states.  A lot of states don't require a license to carry  a gun openly and many states offer reciprocity with other states for concealed carry permits.  My guess is that when you put those two things together a concealed carry permit from Georgia gives you the right to legally carry and transport firearms in 36 states.  

Getting back to the Trump connection, it occurs to me that perhaps you were positing a terrorist connection between Trump and the perp.  Again, though, I think you are off base.  The terrorist organizations that Trump supports are mainly White Supremacist groups and this guy was pretty clearly not white.  While Trump has often touted the "good people" in White Supremacist organizations, I am pretty sure that the POTUS would label this guy a "bad hombre" based on his skin color alone.

sometimes when something looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is actually a duck!

Oh, Klinker, your fixation on Trump — blaming him for every incident of cruelty  happening  — fires, quakes, pestilence —   borders on the bizarre! Also, the child abuse in the NM case, as far as I have read, included neglect, starvation, family separation and firearm instruction, and the unexplained death of a child. Where did you hear about sexual abuse?

sometimes when something looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is actually a duck!

Oh, Klinker, your fixation on Trump — blaming him for every incident of cruelty  happening  — fires, quakes, pestilence —   borders on the bizarre! Also, the child abuse in the NM case, as far as I have read, included neglect, starvation, family separation and firearm instruction, and the unexplained death of a child. Where did you hear about sexual abuse?

mtierney, 

Let’s take a simple tack.

What appeals to you about the President? Besides the (R)?

Your neighbor, a former (R), Jim

mtierney said:
sometimes when something looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is actually a duck.

Unless the duck wears a collar.

jimmurphy said:
mtierney, 

Prediction:  this goes without an answer

Her answer on Nov. 11, 2017, in this thread:

I absolutely love his non-politically correct take on many issues; his blunt talk is so refreshing after 8 years of learned double talk which sounded classy but was so weak.

So she likes (according to Omorosa) that he uses racial epithets and is, in general parlance, a complete jerk?  OK, I suppose that's an answer.  I don't recall Obama kissing Putin's arse, at least.  I suppose mtierney favors a weak leader who wants to break up our decades-old alliances.

dave said:

jimmurphy said:
mtierney, 

Prediction:  this goes without an answer

Wrong about me again! I recall this overall negativity  began around the time Maplewood had the first tax reveal in 20 years - 2000? I do recall using a dial up internet connection. Wireless? Not on the scene or dream for most folks.

Actually, the fact first and foremost is that he stopped HRC from winning what she had presumed was hers: the White House. Her poor campaign revealed that she thought she had the presidency in the bag. 

dave said:
^^ And I win.  

What?

mtierney said:

Actually, the fact first and foremost is that he stopped HRC from winning what she had presumed was hers: the White House. Her poor campaign revealed that she thought she had the presidency in the bag. 

So you hate Hillary so much that you were willing to vote for Trump.

I do not really understand the level of hatred certain people have for Hillary Clinton. However my hatred of Donald Trump comes from watching him for 30 years during which he made money by evicting people from their homes, went into the gambling business and made a mess of it and contributed to the mess of Atlantic City, stiffed suppliers, and, more recently, disparaged John McCain, engaged is the looney "birther" attack on Obama, engaged in religious and ethnic bigotry.

Maybe it's time for you to admit that what underlies your politics and mainly motivates you is your revulsion at abortion.

BTW, with respect to your recent loss I am glad to see that you appear to be holding up. cheese 

I, too, have watched for some decades the Clintons’ at work. I never thought much about Trump over those same decades. As I have mentioned before, my husband and I adopted three infants back in the ‘60s, so, yes, the right to life is an important issue. 

mtierney said:
I, too, have watched for some decades the Clintons’ at work. I never thought much about Trump over those same decades. As I have mentioned before, my husband and I adopted three infants back in the ‘60s, so, yes, the right to life is an important issue. 

Trump was pro-choice until he needed your vote 

dave23 said:

mtierney said:
 Trump was pro-choice until he needed your vote 

mtierney was also pro-Hillary until she misunderstood the "what difference does it make?" line.

Benghazi will go down in future political history books as the pivotal point at which Hillary’s failure to connect with voters became critical to her political collapse.

mtierney said:
Benghazi will go down in future political history books as the pivotal point at which Hillary’s failure to connect with voters became critical to her political collapse.

I don't know.  Does anyone remember the particular Weimar Republic screwup that brought Hitler to power?

mtierney said:

I hope you and I are around long enough for me to show you that you are wrong.

mtierney said:

Anyone who has an easier time "connecting" with Trump than Hillary for any reason at all has issues beyond what the ballot box can solve. And anyone that bought into the Benghazi hysteria would have bought into whatever other bogeyman issue the right would have thrown up.

Edited for typo 

Irredeemable deplorable.

That's all there is to it folks. There's just no helping some people.

Klinker said:
Irredeemable deplorable.

Hard to know if you are serious here, given your leanings.

While HRC's comment was unfortunate to say the least, the idea that there are people who cannot be reached cannot be denied.

jimmurphy said:

Klinker said:
Irredeemable deplorable.ot
While HRC's comment was unfortunate to say the least, the idea that there are people who cannot be reached cannot be denied.

I think klinker was attacking mtierney not criticizing Hillary

And BTW I do not remember Benghazi being an issue in the Election

LOST said:

jimmurphy said:

Klinker said:
Irredeemable deplorable.ot

And BTW I do not remember Benghazi being an issue in the Election

I *think* you're right on the first point, and I agree on the second. 

Incredible how effective the smear campaign was and continues to be.

They didn't need Benghazi because...

LOST said:

Not attacking.  Just observing.  

jimmurphy said:

Klinker said:
Irredeemable deplorable.

I actually think that, in this case, HRC's words were dead on and that they needed to be said.  The only votes they cost her belonged to people who were never going to vote for her anyway.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!