The worst thing about the "new look" MOL ... (2006)

I think if you're on iPad or a PC/Mac, you can see a number at the bottom of the page indicating that there's another page to read. On iPhone it onl shows you the page number you're on, so you won't know there's another page.

aww why new MOL you no remember me? -- when i reopen the page, i am usually signed out despite clicking 'remember me' when logging in... anyone else have the issue?

I've observed this on chrome/chromebook and chrome/windows

I like it. Definitely more functional and "cleaner" looking. 

seaweed said:

aww why new MOL you no remember me? -- when i reopen the page, i am usually signed out despite clicking 'remember me' when logging in... anyone else have the issue?

This is a known issue that Jamie and Dave are working on, so don't take it personally.

sac said:

seaweed said:

This is a known issue that Jamie and Dave are working on, so don't take it personally.

and on Chrome/Android

I would not get too attached to the cleaner look. They will be adding the ads and so on back in at some point.

Minor issue:

Opera/Chrome on WIn8.1

ASometimes after editing a post, when I hit Submit it brings me to the top of that page rather than the post that I just edited.

ParticleMan said:

Minor issue:

Opera/Chrome on WIn8.1

ASometimes after editing a post, when I hit Submit it brings me to the top of that page rather than the post that I just edited.

I get the same effect:  Using Chrome on WinXP. 

tom said:

sac said:

seaweed said:

and on Chrome/Android

and iOS.

For me, that usually indicates that my comment just started a new page and I need to manually go there. So:  check the page numbers.

Sorry if this is already somewhere in this thread: where is the search feature (LOVED that one) and the bookmark one?

Jamie did post a thread regarding potential changes to come, can't remember the title,  patience is a virtue, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Search is in a box at the top near the right, but I think jamie said it doesn't have all its features yet.

For bookmark, click the star.  If you scroll to the top of this page, you'll see the star to the (far) right of the thread title.

If you need to locate bookmarks you have already placed, go to the down arrow next to your user name and select "bookmarks" from the drop down menu.

Well, I'm back in the officem which means I'm back to reading MOL on an ipad via a wifi connection from my iphone as my PC simply refuses to remain logged in long enough to read a single post then reply or go back to the All Discussions list.

Boy, this is frustrating.

ridski said:

Well, I'm back in the officem which means I'm back to reading MOL on an ipad via a wifi connection from my iphone as my PC simply refuses to remain logged in long enough to read a single post then reply or go back to the All Discussions list.

Have you tried again today?  They put a fix in and it's working right for me now, although I've seen some others post of still having trouble. 

sac said:

ridski said:

Have you tried again today?  They put a fix in and it's working right for me now, although I've seen some others post of still having trouble. 

Working from home today. It seems fine on my Mac with the latest Chrome version, but then it always was. I'll have to test it on Monday.

The categories aren't in the same order.

No, they are alphabetical now. It's easier for me, personally.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.