The Trial Thread

ml1 said:

Impeach him again

Maybe if the dems take the Senate, keep Congress and Trump is re-elected in November. Because I am sure he will be committing more impeachable offenses. But this country can not sustain another 4 years of this madness. We have to be the jury in November.

ml1 said:

Impeach him again

You know I was pondering that. They're talking about issuing a House subpoena for Bolton even now. Maybe they can just keep pushing the subpoena controversy through the court system now.

The ultimate problem is that what he did is not in doubt or in question. It's more that Republicans are afraid to oppose him. And I think plenty of them are very happy with his White Male Wealthy Christian Heteronormative America first policy.

mrincredible said:

ml1 said:

Impeach him again

You know I was pondering that. They're talking about issuing a House subpoena for Bolton even now. Maybe they can just keep pushing the subpoena controversy through the court system now.

Too late. Most likely won't work and therefore will be playing into Trump's hand. Trump will then  say "see, I'm right, they went to the courts and the courts turned them down."

Pelosi's house has positioned into weakness by not taking advantage of the extraordinary constitutional powers given through impeachment.

Impeachment was when the subpoena issue should have been brought to the courts. The argument being impeachment is constitutional process that cannot be obstructed. Therefore, executive privilege cannot be used to obstruct. Courts would therefore rule against the use of exec privilege.

Whereas, with ordinary congressional hearings executive privilege can be used. 

Laurence Tribe - 

When the House opens an impeachment inquiry, it wields extraordinary constitutional powers and serves as the ultimate check on a rogue president. It can therefore overcome virtually any executive branch privilege or immunity. Otherwise, the president could commit high crimes and misdemeanors and defeat accountability by simply defying all efforts to discover his wrongdoing.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/30/the-house-constitutional-trump-impeachment-process-president

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/opinion/impeachment-articles-trump.html

ps - the two above stories give good reasons why the house should not have rushed.

Only 10% of the dirt was dug up by a rushed house followed by the quick senate absolution. Instead of the testiness and stress Trump's shown during impeachment we now see him happy and relieved. Thinking the world is his oyster.

ml1 said:

Impeach him again

This next time, charge him for real... emoluments, domestic bribery, tax fraud. All are real crimes, and easily, imho, provable. 

Remember when the GOP Senators said it was OUTRAGEOUS that Adam Schiff quoted a news report that Trump would go after anyone who voted to convict him?

Trump's press secretary (who apparently only appears on Fox News and not in the White House press room), this morning.  

Trump Victory Speech is happening now.  Blaming all of the crooks and liars.

it's basically another trump stand up comedy rally - this time - he's really roasting Mitt quite a bit.

Colbert is going to have a field day with this speech tonight.

jamie said:

Trump Victory Speech is happening now.  Blaming all of the crooks and liars.

Give you props for watching this clown show. I cannot stomach watching the clown anywhere at anytime.

Is Susan Collins watching?

That speech gave me the creeps. He is crazy. And his daughter being called upon to hug and kiss him. Hope she brands a new perfume. Complicit.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.