The NEW Biden VP discussion thread

drummerboy said:

Anyway, it's a miracle to me that he didn't gaffe his way out of the whole campaign. I had given him about 6 months before he had to withdraw because of stupid sh!t he said, like in his other campaigns. Meh, what do I know?

There's plenty of time left for that, but my guess is that there won't be any debates.  He has nothing to gain, he can't stop himself from saying something stupid.  

DaveSchmidt said:

drummerboy said:

That was horrendous? Did you see the whole interview? It was just a dumb joke that landed very flat. Not his fault that the cable tv idiots are still talking about it.

I saw the whole interview. What do you think cable TV idiots and other people should be talking about after watching it?

pretty much nothing. It was just a minor interview that contained no new news and that happened to end on an utterly non-newsworthy bad joke.

Do you think it was worth the days of coverage it has gotten?

drummerboy said:

pretty much nothing. It was just a minor interview that contained no new news and that happened to end on an utterly non-newsworthy bad joke.

So often when discussing Trump's actions or words we say to each other or ourselves 'what if Obama had done this'.  

What if Trump had said this?

We're long past softball.  This will be a very contentious election cycle.  Old, rich, white men who need black people to vote for them for President don't get to make bad jokes.  

drummerboy said:

I support nonstop attention to how white people usually sound when the racial bona fides that we think are above reproach are challenged.

Maybe someone should start a new thread:

"Let's Nitpick Everything Biden Says"

DaveSchmidt said:

drummerboy said:

I support nonstop attention to how white people usually sound when the racial bona fides that we think are above reproach are challenged.

Oh. I didn't realize that's what this was. (That could be because I barely understand your sentence though.)

My bad.

I heard a former GOP congressman on one of those cable news panels yesterday, when asked about Biden, say that he has an opinion that Biden shouldn't have said it and it's good that he apologized.  But then he added that he's white, and he would defer to the African Americans on the panel for their views on how they heard and react to that.

That made sense to me.

drummerboy said:

Oh. I didn't realize that's what this was. (That could be because I barely understand your sentence though.)

My bad.

Nothing beats irony, does it.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/-blackface-in-millburn-causes-snowflakes-to-melt?page=next&limit=

DaveSchmidt said:

drummerboy said:

My bad.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/-blackface-in-millburn-causes-snowflakes-to-melt?page=next&limit=

Three years ago! Clearly, Mr. DaveSchmidt has mad indexing skills.

mtierney said:

Let’s debate..

That’s the second time you’ve posted that. Biden acknowledged that he had misspoken and meant 150,000. What debate would you like to have about it? That Trump doesn’t misspeak? Or as often? Or that he acknowledges it better when he does?

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

Let’s debate..

That’s the second time you’ve posted that. Biden acknowledged that he had misspoken and meant 150,000. What debate would you like to have about it? That Trump doesn’t misspeak? Or as often? Or that he acknowledges it better when he does?

Why do you bother asking Ms. Mtierney that?  She didn't explain it the first time, either.

I wouldn't ask questions or "guess" what her point is.  The only proper response when she's rude like that is to just say, "Okay, let's debate.  WTF is your point?"

STANV said:

And then let's sell it to Fox News website. 

DaveSchmidt said:

What debate would you like to have about it? That Trump doesn’t misspeak? Or as often? Or that he acknowledges it better when he does?

Trump would bring out a chart with an extra ",000" written with a Sharpie.

basil said:

STANV said:

And then let's sell it to Fox News website. 

They've already got one.

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

Let’s debate..

She wants the debate you are participating in right now. Every second we are spending on Biden's gaffes (and there are many, I will admit) is distracting us from the fact that the republicans are destroying this country for their own gain.

basil said:

She wants the debate you are participating in right now. Every second we are spending on Biden's gaffes (and there are many, I will admit) is distracting us from the fact that the republicans are destroying this country for their own gain.

Well they do, she's not that smart.  Oh, and thanks Biden. 

mtierney said:

Let’s debate..

Debate what, gun control?  

Jeh Johnson, former Secretary of Homeland Security, Montclair, NJ resident, Advisor to Gov. Murphy on handling COVID-19 and African American with son serving in Military said Biden shouldn't have said what he said but he apologized and we should move on.

This thread is supposed to be about Biden's VP pick. I will shortly attempt to re-start that discussion.

basil said:

No, that’s a debate I asked about. The “debate” I was participating in was whether Biden’s statement at the end was simply a gaffe, or emblematic of his response — typical of us white Americans — to a gentle interrogation of his racial enlightenment throughout the interview.

It seems like a pretty important issue, too. But a couple of days of focus on it is about right, so, like STANV says, let’s move on.

As a Warren for President activist I thought, after she dropped out, that she would be best continuing to serve in the Senate. I also thought Biden should pick an African-American or Hispanic running mate (or Asian American disabled Vet Tammy Duckworth) but:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/elizabeth-warren-joe-biden-vice-president-coronavirus/index.html

nohero said:

DaveSchmidt said:

drummerboy said:

My bad.

Don't know about "mad", but it is kinda creepy.

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

Don't know about "mad", but it is kinda creepy.

Nah. Listening is easy. 

DaveSchmidt said:

It seems like a pretty important issue, too. But a couple of days of focus on it is about right, so, like STANV says, let’s move on.

Your thoughts on my post and linked article?

STANV said:

Your thoughts on my post and linked article?

When Biden is ready to announce his pick, we’ll know. In the meantime, if my neighbors want to speculate and share their preferences, I’m all ears.

If — if — Biden is thinking one term for a national reset and then he’s out, what are the implications of a 71-year-old running mate?

STANV said:

As a Warren for President activist I thought, after she dropped out, that she would be best continuing to serve in the Senate. I also thought Biden should pick an African-American or Hispanic running mate (or Asian American disabled Vet Tammy Duckworth) but:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/elizabeth-warren-joe-biden-vice-president-coronavirus/index.html

Yippee!

And I get Biden campaign posts in my newsfeed on FB. When they refer to VP announcements, I see mostly pro Warren or pro Harris comments.  Happy with either pick but could see Warren VP and Harris AG. 

DaveSchmidt said:

When Biden is ready to announce his pick, we’ll know. In the meantime, if my neighbors want to speculate and share their preferences, I’m all ears.

If — if — Biden is thinking one term for a national reset and then he’s out, what are the implications of a 71-year-old running mate?

That she"ll be 79 at the end of Biden's second term. Look, I hate to bring it to you, but Biden wan the nomination the most democratic way: by getting the most votes. He will be the nominee. He is not dropping out. And if he wins the Presidency he will run for a second term. You may not like it, but that is what is going to happen. If you prefer Trump, go ahead and vote for him. If you are so disappointed in Biden, then go ahead and sit this election out and if he loses you can tell us I told you so.

The two ifs weren’t enough?

basil, you’re barking up the wrong tree. And if you’re trying to pass yourself off as some kind of Biden whisperer, I’ve got a whole family and hometown of his constituents, going all the way back to ’72, whom I’ll take ahead of you.

DaveSchmidt said:

The two ifs weren’t enough?

basil, you’re barking up the wrong tree. And if you’re trying to pass yourself off as some kind of Biden whisperer, I’ve got a whole family and hometown of his constituents, going all the way back to ’72, whom I’ll take ahead of you.

Sigh

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!