Old Thread About Election Consequences

LOST said:
I Googled Jill Stein to find out what she is up to lately.
Apparently nothing. It's like she is off the grid.

That's what the Google wants you to think.

Anyone who thinks Jill Stein is a Russian Agent needs to get some new news sources.  That's just embarrassing.  

nan said:
Anyone who thinks Jill Stein is a Russian Agent needs to get some new news sources.  That's just embarrassing.  

nan said:
Anyone who thinks Jill Stein is a Russian Agent needs to get some new news sources.  That's just embarra

A lot more than better news sources are in order.  Fortunately any number of good therapists are located in the area.

nan said:

I'm sure we have some around here 

nan said:

Like RT?  Lol

jamie said:

nan said:
 Like RT?  Lol

RT is an improvement on any news source that accuses Jill Stein of being a Russian Agent.  That's beyond stupid. Seriously ignorant. 

Jill Stein should probably be tried for treason.   

nan said:

jamie said:

nan said:
 Like RT?  Lol
 RT is an improvement on any news source that accuses Jill Stein of being a Russian Agent.  That's beyond stupid. Seriously ignorant. 

We know you hate the US MSM and praise the Russian propaganda station - it’s your mantra- we get it,

sbenois said:
https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/02/08/24857325/jill-stein-is-a-rightwing-tool

From the link:

You don't [build a viable third party] by trotting out the reanimated corpse of Ralph ******* Nader every four ******* years. Or his doppelgänger, whoever it is now, Jill Stein and some *******-to-be-named four years from now. You start by running grassroots, local campaigns. And there've been—and I'm sure we're going hear from lots of people out there listening—there have been a couple of Green Party candidates who’ve run in other races here and there across the country. But no sustained effort to build a Green Party nationally. Just this griping, bullshitty, grandstanding, fault-finding, purity-testing, holier than thou-ing, that we are all subjected to every four ******* years by the Green Party candidate.

Exactly right.   Same with Bernie.

jamie said:

nan said:

jamie said:

nan said:
 Like RT?  Lol
 We know you hate the US MSM and praise the Russian propaganda station - it’s your mantra- we get it,

I will stay on topic here:  anyone who thinks Jill Stein is a Russian Agent has been getting their information from fake news.  If that is mainstream media, than so be it.  

LOST said:

sbenois said:
https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/02/08/24857325/jill-stein-is-a-rightwing-tool
 From the link:
You don't [build a viable third party] by trotting out the reanimated corpse of Ralph ******* Nader every four ******* years. Or his doppelgänger, whoever it is now, Jill Stein and some *******-to-be-named four years from now. You start by running grassroots, local campaigns. And there've been—and I'm sure we're going hear from lots of people out there listening—there have been a couple of Green Party candidates who’ve run in other races here and there across the country. But no sustained effort to build a Green Party nationally. Just this griping, bullshitty, grandstanding, fault-finding, purity-testing, holier than thou-ing, that we are all subjected to every four ******* years by the Green Party candidate.

And what happens if you keep voting lesser evil?  They know they have your vote so they just give you more and more evil.  And now we have two corrupt, pro-war parties to pick from.  Just really great. Jill Stein is not the problem.  

nan said:

And what happens if you keep voting lesser evil? 

You avoid greater evil.

But what if you just keep complaining and do nothing but vote every four years for someone who has no chance of winning? What do you accomplish?

From what I can see you don't even engage in political discussions here on MOL, other than to complain about the Democratic Party and defend yourself.

What are you doing to fight Trump? 

LOST said:

nan said:

And what happens if you keep voting lesser evil? 
You avoid greater evil.
But what if you just keep complaining and do nothing but vote every four years for someone who has no chance of winning? What do you accomplish?
From what I can see you don't even engage in political discussions here on MOL, other than to complain about the Democratic Party and defend yourself.
What are you doing to fight Trump? 

I hate Trump, but I don't see him as the problem.  I see him as a symptom of the problem.  I also don't think you characterize me or my MOL discussions well.  Don't look very deep, do you?

If you don't see Trump as the problem, you really need to re-examine, well, everything that you believe in, basically.

"He's not the problem, he's the symptom" has got to be both the laziest and most destructive political trope of the last ten years. Yeah, we know the Republican party has been deteriorating for a generation, and that "led" to Trump, but geez louise - if you can't tell what a revolutionary figure Trump is ....

nan said:

jamie said:

nan said:

jamie said:

nan said:
 Like RT?  Lol
 I will stay on topic here:  anyone who thinks Jill Stein is a Russian Agent has been getting their information from fake news.  If that is mainstream media, than so be it.  

ok I'll play along, please point to a few MSM articles that say Jill Stein IS a Russian agent.  I'm seeing a lot of RT articles saying the the MSM is stating this.  But I can't find any proof.

The main instance I can find of it is when an ex-Clinton advisor "Tweeted" it.  Does a tweet qualify as MSM in your world?  This is a Trump tactic - taking one line and blowing it up - like her EMAILS!  Or the GOP with Benghazi!

nan said:

LOST said:

sbenois said:
 From the link:
 And what happens if you keep voting lesser evil?  They know they have your vote so they just give you more and more evil.  And now we have two corrupt, pro-war parties to pick from.  Just really great. Jill Stein is not the problem.  

If Noam Chomsky thinks voting for the lesser evil is the right thing, why wouldn't you?  I doubt MSM or capitalism are going anywhere any time soon, so either get with the center left or make your vote not count (ie. hand it to Trump).

nan said:

LOST said:

sbenois said:
 From the link:

My oh my.    How utterly stupid.

sbenois said:

nan said:

LOST said:

sbenois said:
 From the link:
My oh my.    How utterly stupid.

Still waiting for an answer of substance and not a one liner

It's self explanatory.    Thanks for your interest.

drummerboy said:
If you don't see Trump as the problem, you really need to re-examine, well, everything that you believe in, basically.
"He's not the problem, he's the symptom" has got to be both the laziest and most destructive political trope of the last ten years. Yeah, we know the Republican party has been deteriorating for a generation, and that "led" to Trump, but geez louise - if you can't tell what a revolutionary figure Trump is ....

Read the book, "Listen, Liberal!" and you will see how Democrats have turned from their base and ignore the working class and poor in favor of the professional class.  Half the country is poor and something like 70% don't have 1K for an emergency.  These problems started before Trump.  These people are defeated and not going to vote for more people like Clinton who they associate with NAFTA and other bad deals.  They will go for a Trump, a fake populist.  Historically, this is the pattern.  Voting for more corrupt Democrats will not fix the problems of healthcare, living wage, education, infrastructure, and so we will get more and worse Trumps.  He is not a one-off and the thinking that everything was fine under Obama and horrible under Trump is dangerous and delusional.  

dave said:

nan said:

LOST said:

sbenois said:
 From the link:
 If Noam Chomsky thinks voting for the lesser evil is the right thing, why wouldn't you?  I doubt MSM or capitalism are going anywhere any time soon, so either get with the center left or make your vote not count (ie. hand it to Trump).

There is no center left.  They are now, thanks to lessor evil voting and complacency, two very corrupt to the right of center parties to pick from.  One has better social policies, but both are pro-war and vote in humongous military budgets that strangle our economy without ever asking, "How can we pay for that?"  They also pretend to be in "The Resistance" while giving Trump right-wing judges so they can go home for the weekend and gave him warrentless surveillance powers and  even vote for his appointees.  They take money from billionaires and corporate interests and to their bidding over the wants of the voters.  Lesser evil is looking more and more evil these days.

Those of you who are so comfortable voting third party will end with a future decided by others, possibly Christian Dominionist. No matter what, having wasted your votes, you won't be the deciders.

If Democrats fail to realize their dream of a blue wave in Tuesday’s midterm elections perhaps the biggest factor will be the organizing power of the Christian nationalist movement. “If we do our jobs,” Ralph Reed of the Faith & Freedom Coalition boasted at the Values Voters Summit in September, “they are going to be more shocked than they were the last time.”

Evangelical policy groups have been investing serious money in turning out votes to shore up a red firewall. Ralph Reed’s Faith & Freedom Coalition, for instance, is putting $18 million into this cycle, up from $10 million in 2016 and $5 million in the 2014 midterms. “The only thing that matters is who comes out on Election Day,” Mr. Reed said.

J.C. Church, Watchmen on the Wall’s national director of ministry engagement and a founder of the Ohio-focused get-out-the-vote initiative Awake88, said, “the No. 1 thing” anybody can give you is “the supreme Christ.” But “the second greatest thing we can give this generation,” he swiftly added, “is the Supreme Court.”

“We can build a firewall for our children and grandchildren that they just might scale the seven mountains of influence,” Mr. Church continued. “Seven mountains” alludes to an aspect of Christian dominionist ideology, according to which God has commanded true Christians to gain control of seven areas of civilization — including government, business, education and the media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/opinion/midterms-christian-right-election-day.html

Do not foolishly assume the courts will protect you, courts now being stacked with ideologues.

BG9 said:
Those of you who are so comfortable voting third party will end with a future decided by others, possibly Christian Dominionist. No matter what, having wasted your votes, you won't be the deciders.

If Democrats fail to realize their dream of a blue wave in Tuesday’s midterm elections perhaps the biggest factor will be the organizing power of the Christian nationalist movement. “If we do our jobs,” Ralph Reed of the Faith & Freedom Coalition boasted at the Values Voters Summit in September, “they are going to be more shocked than they were the last time.”

Evangelical policy groups have been investing serious money in turning out votes to shore up a red firewall. Ralph Reed’s Faith & Freedom Coalition, for instance, is putting $18 million into this cycle, up from $10 million in 2016 and $5 million in the 2014 midterms. “The only thing that matters is who comes out on Election Day,” Mr. Reed said.

J.C. Church, Watchmen on the Wall’s national director of ministry engagement and a founder of the Ohio-focused get-out-the-vote initiative Awake88, said, “the No. 1 thing” anybody can give you is “the supreme Christ.” But “the second greatest thing we can give this generation,” he swiftly added, “is the Supreme Court.”

“We can build a firewall for our children and grandchildren that they just might scale the seven mountains of influence,” Mr. Church continued. “Seven mountains” alludes to an aspect of Christian dominionist ideology, according to which God has commanded true Christians to gain control of seven areas of civilization — including government, business, education and the media.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/opinion/midterms-christian-right-election-day.html

Do not foolishly assume the courts will protect you, courts now being stacked with ideologues.

That is a problem.  Also thinking that letting Democrats run any candidate, no matter how horrible, and you will vote for them, will lead to more Trumps getting elected.  So don't think Any Blue will Do will protect you either.  And, by the way, did you notice how the Democrats folded when it came time to protest those judges?  

Nan - you haven't addressed my challenge to you - please demonstrate the MSM saying that Jill Stein is a Russian spy.  Or are you indeed parroting RT propaganda?  

please forgive me for intruding into this thread, but since both Dave and Jamie are contributing here, I would like a technical question answered:

Am I the only one who finds multiple quotes from more than one poster all in the same green block very confusing?

I have to read and then reread posts to sort out who said what. I remember there once a clear delineation between statement and responder. If no one else has this issue, never mind. confused 

jamie said:
Nan - you haven't addressed my challenge to you - please demonstrate the MSM saying that Jill Stein is a Russian spy.  Or are you indeed parroting RT propaganda?  

Stop with the MOL homework.  I did not say it was the MSM.  I said whomever thinks Jill Stein is a Russian spy is listening to fake news and should find an alternative news source.  I don't know where they got it from--why don't you ask the people who claim that?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!