Old Thread About Election Consequences

author said:
To the Democratic Denizens of MOL
Some words to keep in mind.........from a long ago Republican
"A house divided against itself cannot stand"
Abraham Lincoln

The current occupant of his job doesn't buy that or care.

He prefers

"You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time"

And he intends to keep fooling and dividing.

There is no question as to who is the bad guy and what non sense he is peddling right now.

My fervent wish/ prayer is that the Dems manage to unite on a national level,  more so than we here

on MOL have managed so far.   Unite and take back the House and stalemate the Bastard.

author said:
There is no question as to who is the bad guy and what non sense he is peddling right now.
My fervent wish/ prayer is that the Dems manage to unite on a national level,  more so than we here
on MOL have managed so far.   Unite and take back the House and stalemate the Bastard.

That's been something I supported as far back as this date two years ago, and even earlier.  Glad to see you finally agreeing.

nohero said:

author said:
That's been something I supported as far back as this date two years ago, and even earlier.  Glad to see you finally agreeing.

nohero said:

author said:

If you can find a quote from me stating anything else about him.......feel free to high lite it.

I simply chose not to support the lesser of two evils.  Is there some point when you will reach the end of your divisiveness?

If you can find a quote from me stating anything else about him.......feel free to high lite it.
I simply chose not to support the lesser of two evils.  Is there some point when you will reach the end of your divisiveness?

found it

drummerboy said:

Thinly Veiled Metaphorical Riposte: Why did the boat sink?

sbenois said:

found it

Not as challenging as a "Where's Waldo", is it?

author said:  

nohero said:

author said:

On June 26, 2016 you responded to GL2's question to you, "You're aware of the two candidates for president, no? One an experienced stateswoman and moderate; the other a madman? OK, so those are the two choices. You pick one if you're gonna vote."

You were very adamant about not caring if Trump was elected:  

author said:
Nope.............as provided by the voting laws I have any number of choices
You listed only the two of the major parties
There are a zillion minor parties
Or I can and will vote for the only name mentioned lately with integrity
And don't give me that crap that I will be electing the nut job

So I'm glad that you've stepped away from divisiveness for 2018.

This thread no longer serves any valid purpose.

sbenois said:

found it

As a matter of fact.....the strength of our Democracy......of our Republic is that even when the major parties offer us two crap candidates............in time and within our electoral cycle an outstanding candidate like Obama comes along to right the ship of State.

No, I never have and never will support a candidate because he/she committed fewer crimes than the opponent.

You cast that lever.

It can’t be said enough: a person of privilege is usually not battered by the consequences of elections.

LOST said:

I wish that were so.  This year, there are STILL people saying that the Democratic nominee in various races isn't "progressive" enough, or is a "corporate Democrat".  I've read so-called progressives say that about Beto O'Rourke in Texas, Andrew Gillum in Florida, etc.  I've also read it in comments about potential 2020 contenders, leading to a concern of a repeat of the "can't vote for" so-and-so if that person is the Democratic nominee.

Beto O’Rourke and Andrew Gollum, two Democrats to watch.  Both have great potential. Check them out!

galileo said:
Beto O’Rourke and Andrew Gollum, two Democrats to watch.  Both have great potential. Check them out!

Gillum. But, damn, if I can get a real Vote Gollum yard sign, I'd put it up.

nohero said:

LOST said:
 I wish that were so.  This year, there are STILL people saying that the Democratic nominee in various races isn't "progressive" enough, or is a "corporate Democrat".  I've read so-called progressives say that about Beto O'Rourke in Texas, Andrew Gillum in Florida, etc.  I've also read it in comments about potential 2020 contenders, leading to a concern of a repeat of the "can't vote for" so-and-so if that person is the Democratic nominee.

The name of the thread doesn't help.

I like the name of the thread. And with responses like author's last one, I think the topic is still perfectly valid.

Because somehow, some people still don't get it.

I offer an alternative.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
For all those who helped make this possible (and you know who you are), please click the link to enjoy watching President Trump and the formal swearing in of new Justice Kavanaugh. https://www.pscp.tv/WhiteHouse/1eaKbVgdoqRKX The event is over, but please click the "play" button. [Edited to add] Bonus for you, a tweet from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders showing her gratitude for all of your efforts. https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1048687047400218624?s=20 "Congratulations Judge Kavanaugh! Instead of a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court under Hillary Clinton, we now have a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court under President @realDonaldTrump, cementing a tremendous legacy for the President and a better future for America"
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   
 Yes, sad to say I voted for Hillary.  Should have voted for Jill.  
 What unadulterated horsesh!t. 
The Three OCD Amigos foaming at the mouth because they have calculated that if one person changed their vote, Hillary would have carried NJ by 2,148,279 to 1,601,933, instead of 2,148,278 to 1,601,933. And that would have changed the Kavanaugh vote.

Of course, we don't know how they voted.

And when you think about it, they really doth protest too much. Did they vote for Jill Stein? Gary Johnson?
Darrell Castle? Alyson Kennedy? Rocky De La Fuente? Monica Moorehead? or Gloria La Riva?
Probably Rocky, because that has a macho ring to it. And these dudes are seriously macho. Well, maybe not @nohero, he's got other issues. He probably went for Alyson Kennedy.

Its hard to fathom putting together a string of words like this and it not being an infinite monkey type situation.

Here is the soundtrack to play in the background while you read his post...

drummerboy said:

To compare with our current situation, the cartoon scenario is insufficiently dire.  Anyone on the mainland is unaffected by the sinking ship.  With Trump, the whole world is fu$%^d, even his supporters.  

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
For all those who helped make this possible (and you know who you are), please click the link to enjoy watching President Trump and the formal swearing in of new Justice Kavanaugh. https://www.pscp.tv/WhiteHouse/1eaKbVgdoqRKX The event is over, but please click the "play" button. [Edited to add] Bonus for you, a tweet from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders showing her gratitude for all of your efforts. https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1048687047400218624?s=20 "Congratulations Judge Kavanaugh! Instead of a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court under Hillary Clinton, we now have a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court under President @realDonaldTrump, cementing a tremendous legacy for the President and a better future for America"
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   
The Three OCD Amigos foaming at the mouth because they have calculated that if one person changed their vote, Hillary would have carried NJ by 2,148,279 to 1,601,933, instead of 2,148,278 to 1,601,933. And that would have changed the Kavanaugh vote.

And when you think about it, they really doth protest too much. Did they vote for Jill Stein? Gary Johnson?
Darrell Castle? Alyson Kennedy? Rocky De La Fuente? Monica Moorehead? or Gloria La Riva?
Probably Rocky, because that has a macho ring to it. And these dudes are seriously macho. Well, maybe not @nohero, he's got other issues. He probably went for Alyson Kennedy.
 Its hard to fathom putting together a string of words like this and it not being an infinite monkey type situation.

Let me explain it for you:

@nohero, has spent the last two years accusing anyone who supported Bernie or criticized Hillary -- especially Nan -- as being responsible for Trump's victory. His post cited above makes the same point, but extends it to apply to the Kavanaugh confirmation.

@sbenois understood that when @nohero" wrote "you know who you are" he was referring to Nan, which is why he posted "Own it Nan. Own it."

But when Nan responded by saying she voted for Hillary, @Dennis_Seelbach" replied "What unadulterated horseshit!"

I pointed out that these fine gentlemen were taking the insane position that one vote in NJ would have changed the outcome of the Presidential election and thus the Kavanaugh confirmation.

And since Dennis had the arrogance to claim that Nan didn't vote the way she said she did, then why not make a counter-claim that @nohero, @sbenois and Dennis didn't vote the way they said they did.

As I mentioned before, I was giving Dennis et al a taste of their own medicine.

paulsurovell said:

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

@nohero, has spent the last two years accusing anyone who supported Bernie or criticized Hillary -- especially Nan -- as being responsible for Trump's victory. His post cited above makes the same point, but extends it to apply to the Kavanaugh confirmation.
@sbenois understood that when @nohero" wrote "you know who you are" he was referring to Nan, which is why he posted "Own it Nan. Own it."
But when Nan responded by saying she voted for Hillary, @Dennis_Seelbach" replied "What unadulterated horseshit!"
I pointed out that these fine gentlemen were taking the insane position that one vote in NJ would have changed the outcome of the Presidential election and thus the Kavanaugh confirmation.

And since Dennis had the arrogance to claim that Nan didn't vote the way she said she did, then why not make a counter-claim that @nohero, @sbenois and Dennis didn't vote the way they said they did.

Oh no, I got that part. I'm just having a hard time coming to grips with someone stringing together all the letters you did and it not being some totally random sequence that just happened to form words like that. It makes that little sense.

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Oh no, I got that part. I'm just having a hard time coming to grips with someone stringing together all the letters you did and it not being some totally random sequence that just happened to form words like that. It makes that little sense.

Do you think it makes sense to accuse a NJ voter who didn't vote for Hillary as being responsible for Kavanaugh's confirmation?

paulsurovell said:

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Do you think it makes sense to accuse a NJ voter who didn't vote for Hillary as being responsible for Kavanaugh's confirmation?

Yes.

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

WxNut2.0 said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Yes.

Nice going. Now he'll be up half the night responding. 

South_Mountaineer said:

Luckily for him, its only morning in Moscow.

We can all read previous comments. A quote of the latest one (or two) is all that’s required to remind us of the dialogue. Beyond that, this is about as much green as I can stand in a single comment without becoming an infinite phone-throwing OCD monkey myself.

WxNut2.0 said:

Yes.

I'll bet there are monkeys who can count better than that.

WxNut2.0 said:

South_Mountaineer said:
Luckily for him, its only morning in Moscow.

Who would've thunk -- @WxNut2.0 is a Russia subforum wannabe.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.