Cowboys Nation 2014 - Romo Denied MVP - Lawsuit pending?

I'd laugh out loud, if the cowgirls were to lose to the vikings this week, though i know that's highly unlikely.

Agreed on both counts. I want to say that the Giants turned the ball over to the Cowboys 5 times in that loss... and the Lions only turned it over 4 times, so they won. I'm surprised that Jerry Jones doesn't complain about the unfairness of it - only getting the ball handed back 4 times!

Still and all, though, playing a 1-6 team with major quarterback issues and no defense just HAS to be a win for the Cowboys. Even those window-licking prima donnas will figure out that it's a great game during which to pad their stats.

If Dez doesn't have a court date (or a court-mandated anger management class) he'll probably have a great game...

Here is an actual cowboy finger...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086767/Dez-Bryant-s-near-miracle-catch

too bad it wasn't horseshoes - being close COUNTS in horseshoes.

To be fair, though, at least there was no WhineFest from Dez after this play... must have been the calming influence of his parole officer speaking with him before the game.

And Dez learns his lesson... no outbursts during or after the latest train-wreck (I can't call it a "game"). Good for him!

From: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20131110-moore-cowboys-humiliating-loss-is-devastating-in-these-ways-....ece

New Orleans’ superiority was obvious and devastating. The Saints toyed with their feckless opponent Sunday evening on the way to a 49-17 victory.

Most people who come here must spend 10 to 12 hours of drinking on Bourbon Street before they suffer this level of humiliation. All the Cowboys needed was a little over three hours at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome to achieve that state.

Yikes! And look at the source... DALLAS NEWS! I hope Jerry doesn't have a hissy fit and try to have this guy fired!

Just read the article comments - someone used the phrase "Tony Promo" and I damn near fell out of my chair.

Jeez - it just gets worse and worse.... even if Jerry tries to sell the team, these stadium issues will probably be a huge stumbling block. How do you spend a billion dollars on a stadium only to have the damned thing almost FALLING DOWN in the next few years?

http:\\www.architectural-review.com\cowboys_stadium

..."the issue, known as 'isotonic localized pressure differential' is commonly associated with short term meteorological phenomenon. This is typically evidenced with the occurrence of 'microburst' storms (also known as 'mini tornadoes'). In the case of Cowboys Stadium, however, it is the only known example of a sustained and regular process of simultaneous rapid increase and decrease of atmospheric pressure within a constrained environment. This rapid cycling of pressure differential has caused significant structural stresses within the stadium, and computer modeling indicates that the structure will be rendered unsafe and unsound within 7 years".

To put this in layman's terms.... the problem is that the Cowboys simultaneously sucking AND blowing is causing the structural weakening of the stadium.

I really feel bad for Jerry.

edited to add: man... if the Cowboys are really "America's Team" we should all consider moving to Europe.

December 11 - was anyone else disappointed in the Cowboys on Monday Night Football? I mean... I count on the Cowboys to find new and innovative ways to ***** themselves - and on Monday night, they started weak and just got weaker and weaker. It wasn't even funny.... God help me, it was just kind of pathetic and sad.

I really felt bad for them.

case said:

December 11 - was anyone else disappointed in the Cowboys on Monday Night Football? I mean... I count on the Cowboys to find new and innovative ways to ***** themselves - and on Monday night, they started weak and just got weaker and weaker. It wasn't even funny.... God help me, it was just kind of pathetic and sad.

I really felt bad for them.

Ligeti called his friends in Europe. Unfortunately they hate Dallas also.

We'll see how this all works out at the end of the season.

(I hope that doesn't sound terribly stupid after the Eagles game).

TomR

I'm sincerely hoping that Dallas is planning a strong playoffs push. Not just the usual "let's try not to embarrass ourselves" stuff but something really major - something that sends a strong statement that the Dallas Cowboys are the team everyone knows.

As to WHAT, I'm not sure. It would need to be something really epic... something memorable... and in a season where they've already outdone themselves that may be hard to accomplish. The good news is that fate is conspiring to let the Cowboys try to look like a real team - they faced a backup QB last week and they're probably facing another backup this week. Unless a college team can be inserted into the Cowboys schedule there's not much more that anyone can do to give the Cowboys a little handicapping.

Perhaps it will be simple: poor clock management, ineffective offense, a defense that always seems on the verge of screaming, "no fair, do-over, we weren't ready yet"! But what I'm really hoping for... deep down in my secret heart of hearts... is something classic Cowboys. the usual collection of interceptions, missed tackles, blown coverages - eh. They've been doing that all year and it's getting tiresome. It's almost like I want to say to them, "you're professional entertainers... the clown princes of football... the Harlem Globetrotters without the skills and the humor (but with more interesting arrest records)...give us something new".

Giving up a safety in the last 2 minutes would be great (but to be meaningful it would need to be a close game at that point and unless they're playing another ***** team what are the odds of that)?

Maybe something aggressive like "scoring on the wrong end zone"? Perhaps Dez "is my contract up yet" Bryant might actually catch that ball - it'd be nice to give him something to do.

Ooh - here's what I'd LOVE and there's a good chance: after the game is irrevocably lost due to lack of execution and poor management (i.e. any time after the second quarter begins), Tony Romo screams at his receivers and storms off the field in a massive tantrum cloud. I'd like to think that he'll hurl his helmet on the ground in disgust but I'm not 100% sure he could HIT the ground if he threw his helmet at it.

Thank you to vermontgolfer!

I didn't know you were on this thread... hey, here's something that seems appropriate:

Tom_R said:

We'll see how this all works out at the end of the season.

(I hope that doesn't sound terribly stupid after the Eagles game).

TomR

The Eagles have a new coach, new offense and Defense and have numerous talent gaps. BUt, they are still a far better team than Dallas. That game should be a big L for the Cowboys.

If the 'Boys lose that game for the division title, it'll be three straight years in which they lost the division in a Week 17 head-to-head game to each of its three NFC east rivals -- Philly this year, Washington last year, Giants before that.

Philly in 2008 beat them like 44-7 in a week 17 elimination game as well. It was an Epic fail from the "boys".

I think Charles Manson had a better Defense than the Cowboys.

As an inveterate Cowboy fan, I truly appreciate the wit expressed here by many .

I wont't review the whole thread to select the best, but the most recent by case and Woot got me to chuckle.

Personally, I'm just gonna wait till after the Eagles game.

TomR

I particularly enjoyed the crying Pillsbury doughboy with the Cowboy's star - something I suspect they don't have in Europe. cheese

What's the difference between Tony Romo and a dollar bill?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!