The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

ridski said:

As I said, I think that could be negotiated. SK doesn't want us to leave, but we might be able to negotiate a reduction of Army forces there. There are currently fewer US Army troops in SK than there are in Hawaii or Germany. If we could negotiate a reduction there, beef up our air force capabilities, commit another carrier group to the South China Sea, it might work for everyone. I'm no expert, either, I'm just spitballing.

Hawaii? 

Despite what Mr. T and his cohorts might believe about President Obama's place of birth it is part of the USA. 

It's not that I wish to change the subject but I believe it is essential to keep in mind the principal reality of American Political Life.

DONALD TRUMP IS A VERY BAD MAN.

He has publicly advocated for torture. He has stereotyped an entire nationality as criminals and rapists. He has advocated banning visitors to this Country on the basis of their religion. He has called people who march under the flag of Nazi Germany "very fine people". 

LOST said:

ridski said:

As I said, I think that could be negotiated. SK doesn't want us to leave, but we might be able to negotiate a reduction of Army forces there. There are currently fewer US Army troops in SK than there are in Hawaii or Germany. If we could negotiate a reduction there, beef up our air force capabilities, commit another carrier group to the South China Sea, it might work for everyone. I'm no expert, either, I'm just spitballing.
 Hawaii? 
Despite what Mr. T and his cohorts might believe about President Obama's place of birth it is part of the USA. 

Eh. You got me on that one.

It's not that I wish to change the subject but I believe it is essential to keep in mind the principal reality of American Political Life.
DONALD TRUMP IS A VERY BAD MAN.
He has publicly advocated for torture. He has stereotyped an entire nationality as criminals and rapists. He has advocated banning visitors to this Country on the basis of their religion. He has called people who march under the flag of Nazi Germany "very fine people". 

Agreed, but that is not new. Donald Trump has been a very bad man all of his adult life. He has done damage, but limited to his own business and personal dealings. What is new is that the Republicans are enabling him as the President. Trump is just a Joker, Republicans are the real bad actors here, that includes every Republican in public office, and especially every Republican in congress.

and we can't leave out the GOP voters.  For many (probably most) of the 40% who support Trump through everything, the fact that he is a bad person is a feature, not a bug.  Look at the Ted Cruz fawning article in Time about Trump.  What does he love about Trump?  That he annoys liberals.  The fact that Trump is a very bad man who pisses off liberal is what his followers love.  This is why there is the term "liberal tears," and why it's a good thing to a lot of people.  

ml1 said:
and we can't leave out the GOP voters.  For many (probably most) of the 40% who support Trump through everything, the fact that he is a bad person is a feature, not a bug.  Look at the Ted Cruz fawning article in Time about Trump.  What does he love about Trump?  That he annoys liberals.  The fact that Trump is a very bad man who pisses off liberal is what his followers love.  This is why there is the term "liberal tears," and why it's a good thing to a lot of people.  

They may say that they support Trump because he annoys liberals. But many Republicans support him solely because of his embracing of their policies of tax cuts for the rich and deregulation. To them it's all about money and as we know "The Love of Money is the root of all Evil". 

http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/...

LOST said:

ml1 said:
 They may say that they support Trump because he annoys liberals. But many Republicans support him solely because of his embracing of their policies of tax cuts for the rich and deregulation. To them it's all about money and as we know "The Love of Money is the root of all Evil". 
http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/...

Republican law makers are all about tax cuts. The rank and file are about stigginit.

Thanks, Ridski,for noting the 15,000 mark for this thread!  big surprise Has it been 6 years?

mtierney said:
Thanks, Ridski,for noting the 15,000 mark for this thread!  big surprise Has it been 6 years?

Yep! Crazy right!

In the meantime, who do I talk to get my $130,000 for not having an affair with the president?

it has been 6 years.  And how much has changed in 6 years.  Wasn't it cute how much you used to care about dissembling among members of the executive branch?  Just think, you've now progressed to the point where you are able to support a POTUS who has already lied to us over 3,000 times.

Good times!

Donald Trump Has Managed To Tell 3,001 Lies As President. Here Are Five Of His Best

ml1 said:
Donald Trump Has Managed To Tell 3,001 Lies As President. Here Are Five Of His Best

do you ever wonder how Trumpsters like mt process a sentence like the above?

I love that this was allegedly said by one of Trump's friends.

Ms Spiers, who is also the founder of Gawker, also claimed that a friend of the mogul-turned-politico once told her Mr Trump would “lie to you about what time of day it is, just for the practice”.  
https://www.independent.co.uk/...

aha, let the bashing continue...

And folks ask: Whatever happened to civil discourse?

mtierney said:

Irony alert.

mtierney said:

this is civil.  No one is calling names.  Why don't you have an answer to this question -- why don't Trump's 3,000 lies bother you as much as when a Democrat is untruthful?

ml1 said:
it has been 6 years.  And how much has changed in 6 years.  Wasn't it cute how much you used to care about dissembling among members of the executive branch?  Just think, you've now progressed to the point where you are able to support a POTUS who has already lied to us over 3,000 times.
Good times!

Feels like just yesterday he passed the 1000 lie mark.  Time flies when you lie.

ridski said:
In the meantime, who do I talk to get my $130,000 for not having an affair with the president?

Why are you selling yourself so cheaply?

mtierney said:

How about you tell us. You don't like to answer other people's questions. Perhaps you should answer your own.

LOST said:

ridski said:

Seeing as I'm just giving it to planned parenthood in his name, you're right. I'll double my not sleeping with the president fee.

ridski said:

LOST said:

ridski said:
 Seeing as I'm just giving it to planned parenthood in his name, you're right. I'll double my not sleeping with the president fee.

Please remember that I am entitled to a percentage for my legal advice.

Let the record state that my dealings with Lost were minimal, mostly answering some real estate questions. I maybe threw him ten bucks or whatever.

So you had a small "roll" as Trump tweeted. If I were still teaching English, his tweets would be a daily exercise. "What's wrong with this sentence, kids?"

His tweets were coherent today. Obviously written by someone else.

How the heck does Rudy think admitting to the Stormy payment was a good idea? Because the story was an obvious lie? And he thinks this doesn't amount to a campaign  contribution? What is his reasoning?

I don't think Rudy is a good idea for the Trump team. He's got a big name, obviously, but he seems as addled as Trump in TV conversations.

(CNN)Rudy Giuliani's cable rollout as a member of President Donald Trump's legal team, and the torrent of statements he made Wednesday night, caught many in the White House offguard and flat-footed, highlighting the continued chaotic nature of the President's communications strategy.

Giuliani told CNN Thursday he and Trump are in sync.
"You won't see daylight between me and the President," Giuliani said in an interview. "The strategy is to get everything wrapped up and done with this so that it doesn't take on a life of its own."

ridski said:
Let the record state that my dealings with Lost were minimal, mostly answering some real estate questions. I maybe threw him ten bucks or whatever.

Contingent fee. 1/3

mtierney said:

What would be civil is for the President not to lie to the American people on a daily basis.

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

What would be civil is for the President not to lie to the American people on a daily basis.

I wouldn't count on getting an intelligent response.

Aside, a relative was called for jury duty. Juries are listed in our constitution as a right and we are conditioned to believe its an important fundamental needed right.

Yet, we have healthy democracies that don't have juries - Holland, Germany and I believe Israel.

Modern democracies seems to be moving away from juries or to the use of professional juries. Many juries are swayed by emotion or manipulated by very $$$ legal firms.

Trump got me to rethink juries. Statistically, a jury of 12 would have 5 trump supporters, with one likely worshiping him. Considering the obviousness of Trump's issues would anyone really want to be judged those who haven't figured him out? They can't figure out Trump but they can judge you? Yeah, right.  oh oh 

Any Jury has to be screened for bias. It can be a very long proceeding.

A single Judge can be biased. I can find 12 Jurors who did not vote for Trump or Hillary. How many Judges do you think fit into that category?

Or are you saying that a fervent Trump supporter cannot fairly judge a medical malpractice case, a contract dispute, or a charge of burglary?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!