The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

sorry, Lost, that you feel that I don’t answer your questions or do not understand your positions. It’s a bummer, I know, since absolutely no one here really cares to hear my views either. I feel your pain.

In my own situation, my answers to many posters who question me do not satisfy and/or are not even read! How else to explain how some folks ask the same  questions over and over again?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/politics/trump-health-exam-doctor-cognitive-test.html?ref=todayspaper

I watched the press question the doctor re POTUS’ health exam — how many ways can a reporter try to get the answer they wanted to hear, rather than the answer given? Some reporters were downright petulant — bordering on angry.

DJT is the first President ever to have had a cognitive exam, accordingly he scored 30 out of 30. 

How many times can a reporter be blatantly lied to before he/she gets downright petulant? There are a lot of pictures going around right now comparing Donald Trump's so-called 6'3" and 239lbs to that of NFL athletes such as Jay Cutler who is an inch shorter and supposedly only 4lbs lighter, but face it, it's frigging obvious that Trump is at least 50lbs heavier than the doctor is telling us, doesn't exercise and eats a ton of junk food. He is not a healthy person, no matter what horseshit his doctor feeds you.

You want to know who is healthy? George W. Bush, who is one month younger than Trump and spent his 70th birthday mountain biking. Meanwhile, then-70 year old Trump couldn't even walk with 6 other leaders 700 yards to a photo-op at the G-7 in Sicily last year.

Why do you continue to defend this guy when he keeps lying to you? 

ridski said:

There are a lot of pictures going around right now comparing Donald Trump's so-called 6'3" and 239lbs to that of NFL athletes such as Jay Cutler who is an inch shorter and supposedly only 4lbs lighter

This is like comparing a footlong, 10-pound brick with a footlong, 10-pound pillow. There’s nothing preventing the weight from being the same. But the width ...

Klinker said:

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

DJT is the first President ever to have had a cognitive exam, accordingly he scored 30 out of 30. 

He was the first president ever to request it.

The test: http://dementia.ie/images/uploads/site-images/MoCA-Test-English_7_1.pdf

Right.  Plus, the thing everyone is ignoring is that this was just a dementia test.  Just because he isn't senile (or so this doctor says) doesn't mean that he isn't crazier than a $h!thouse rat.

Yes.  It's more correct that he requested a dementia test.

It's like "Catch 22" - the mere fact that you request a dementia test shows you don't have dementia.

That being said, the measure of fitness for office is not "dementia/no dementia", so this is a big "nothing burger" that he's getting away with.  Again.

so now he's just a plain old malignant narcissist.  But without dementia

In fairness to mtierney, she is mostly unaware of the 2000 lies Trump has told us this past year.

Reporting his lies is not exactly Fox News's highest priority.

OTOH, she ostensibly reads the Times which does report on them.

okay, never mind.

ridski said:

Why do you continue to defend this guy when he keeps lying to you? 

drummerboy said:

In fairness to mtierney, she is mostly unaware of the 2000 lies Trump has told us this past year.

okay, never mind.

Where is this list?

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

okay, never mind.

Where is this list?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/01/10/president-trump-has-made-more-than-2000-false-or-misleading-claims-over-355-days/?utm_term=.540217e48a69

another person out of the reality loop

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

okay, never mind.

Where is this list?

does anyone really need a list?  Anyone paying attention to Trump knows he's always lying or being misleading.

DaveSchmidt said:

ridski said:

There are a lot of pictures going around right now comparing Donald Trump's so-called 6'3" and 239lbs to that of NFL athletes such as Jay Cutler who is an inch shorter and supposedly only 4lbs lighter

This is like comparing a footlong, 10-pound brick with a footlong, 10-pound pillow. There’s nothing preventing the weight from being the same. But the width ...

Hey, don't lump me in with the girthers!

Not that it matters now anyway. We're about to learn far more about the President's physical condition from Stormy Daniels than any of the lies his doctor proffered yesterday.

perfect example of what happens when someone lies all the time.  Two thousand lies in a year, and people won't believe anything about you, even if it comes from a doctor.

ridski said:

Not that it matters now anyway. We're about to learn far more about the President's physical condition from Stormy Daniels than any of the lies his doctor proffered yesterday.

Well has "misinformed" us. Its Gupta or the WH doctor:

Gupta then talked about his interaction Tuesday with Trump's doctor, Navy Rear Adm. Dr. Ronny Jackson.

"It was interesting when I spoke to Dr. Jackson. At first he said he passed all the tests with flying colors," Gupta said. "When I asked him specifically about that test, he did then concede that, in fact, the president does have heart disease.

""They're going to be increasing the medications, including the cholesterol-lowering medications to try and combat that, but there's no question, by all standards, by all metrics, anyway a doctor or cardiologist will look at it, the president does have heart disease."
Jackson also revealed that Trump underwent a coronary calcium CT scan as part of his routine physical exam.

His score is 133, and anything over 100 indicates plaque is present and that the patient has heart disease.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369287-sanjay-gupta-by-all-standards-trump-has-heart-disease

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/health/trump-heart-disease-gupta/index.html

Speaking of which, don't forget the Fake News Awards are tonight! Alert sbenois!

heh

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:

ridski said:

Hey, don't lump me in with the girthers!

Do you disagree with the false news listed?

Anyone recall yesterday's date? 20 years since WJC was exposed over the Monica Lewensky + affairs? Where was the groundswell of support for the numerous women coming forward? 

They were vilified by women and his wife instead.

Someone should write a how-to book on the morphing of a ladiesman  into a statesman.

mtierney said:

Someone should write a how-to book on the morphing of a ladiesman  into a statesman.

I'll bite.  When would you say that alleged transition took place?

mtierney said:

1. Opinion piece, not news.

2. Factual error which should never have been published, caused a drop in the markets and was quickly corrected. The reporter responsible was suspended and apologized.

3. Factual error (14 was read as 4) on CNN's part, which was quickly corrected and was not spread any other news outlet.

4. TIME did not report this. It was a tweet by a journalist who worked for TIME, Zeke Miller. It was less than an hour between Zeke's tweet that the MLK bust was gone and his tweet that it was actually there, but obscured by a secret service agent and a door. But an hour is a long time in politics these days.

5. Another tweet by a reporter, not the publication he works for. This time it's Dave Weigel, who when he was told about it, admitted his mistake and apologized directly to the president, who publicly called for him to be fired by The Washington Post. The next evening The Washington Post released a statement. “Dave Weigel relied on an inaccurate image in tweeting about President Trump’s rally in Pensacola,” the paper’s vice president of communications, Kristine Coratti Kelly, said. “When others pointed out the mistake to Weigel, he quickly deleted the tweet. And when he was later addressed by the president on Twitter, he promptly apologized for it.” In a normal world that would be the end of it, but this is not a normal world anymore.

6. This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

7. This error lead to 3 high-ranking CNN journalists quitting the network.

8. This is the second most ridiculous thing. It also, like 2 and 3, was corrected almost instantly. Someone really needs to look into the criteria for what Fake News actually is. It's not poorly-reported actual events, it's outright falsehoods, masked as actual news. 

9. There are 2 screen grabs posted under this claim. The first says "Comey to testify he never told Trump he was not under investigation" and the second says "Comey: told Trump he was not under investigation". 

10. Weirdly the most deserving one is at number 10. This one I can maybe give them.

Like I said most of these are factual errors, which were later corrected, and ALL OF THEM are on the list specifically because they hurt poor widdle Donny's widdle feewings. Note for example that Fox News erroneously reporting that Jimmy Carter had died on November 26th last year, does not make the list, neither does when Fox News initially reported that James Comey had resigned when in fact he had been fired.

As for actual Fake News, somehow none of these from Trump's favorite website made the cut:

This isn't true. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/09/delingpole-nearly-all-recent-global-warming-is-fabricated-study-finds/

This is nearly entirely made up. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/08/starbucks-holds-hiring-event-for-refugees-in-san-diego-tb-rates-among-highest-in-country/

This is preposterous. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/13/planned-parenthood-teams-up-with-satanists-to-promote-abortion-in-missouri/

This guy was never a suspect. http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/10/17/ice-detainer-issued-for-suspected-wine-country-arsonist-in-sonoma-jail/

This is just pulled from some guy's blog. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/06/tidalgate-climate-alarmists-caught-faking-sea-level-rise/

And this didn't happen either. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/28/target-down-30-percent-since-transgender-boycott-began/

That's 6 right there from one news source, and not one of them involve the guy who told us that he had people in Hawaii looking into President Obama's certificate "and they cannot believe what they're finding". What did they find? Did he really have people there? Over a year later he tweeted "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud." Who is the source? Did Trump send that info to the FBI? Why not?

Because he's an incompetent, infantile, lying sack of racist shite, that's why.

#AndYouVoted4Him

Trump complaining about inaccuracies in the news media just defies description. Irony has been shot in the head, dismembered, burned to ashes and poured into the sea.

Maybe mtierney can go through Trump's 2000 lies like Ridski just did and tell us how he was actually telling the truth.

ridski said:

mtierney said:

1. Opinion piece, not news.

2. Factual error which should never have been published, caused a drop in the markets and was quickly corrected. The reporter responsible was suspended and apologized.

3. Factual error (14 was read as 4) on CNN's part, which was quickly corrected and was not spread any other news outlet.

To enlighten mtierney on the difference between fake news and factual errors. Probably a futile effort.

Factual errors are errors that are admitted and corrected. Fake news are errors  that purposefully mislead and will not be admitted to as being errors and are doubled down on when confronted. Trump, Fox and Friends, Breitbart and InfoWars disseminate fake news. 

Other media such as MSNBC, CNN, have errors they then admit to and apologize for.

mtierney said:

So the answer is "Yes". with a full explanation.

MTierney,

I do not need a full explanation just a "yes" or "no"

Here it is, again:

LOST said:

So why don't you just answer?

You believe:

mtierney said:

It began with the politicized rewrite of the events leading to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi. HRC lost in 2016 due to events ignited in 2012. In that this thread politically follows what is happening in Washington, its focus is government.
Our current issue, actually,  is the orchestration of hate for one person, the president, by angry liberals. Admittedly, DJT is a larger than life target, but he is who he is. And he is our President.

I believe:
LOST said:

It is the orchestration of hate for one person, Hillary Clinton, by angry Conservatives.
And Hillary Clinton was and is certainly " a larger than life target" as former First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State. In fact the President is still talking about her.

My question is:

Do you at least understand my point of view?

Actual Fake News to me is stuff like the birther story, or the pictures of the White House East Room with headlines like "Obama Removes American Flags From Oval Office, Installs Muslim Prayer Curtains". It's from the Department of Made-Up ****. It's not a mistake. All news outlets make mistakes in their rush to get a scoop, which is why they have Corrections and Clarifications sections. 

This whole debacle is, to quote Nash Riggins "a pathetically half-arsed bid to try and topple the fourth estate." Which on its surface is ridiculous, but when you look at the kind of problems that exist in this country, and what the head of state is wasting his time doing, it's actually outrageous.

mtierney said:

Anyone recall yesterday's date? 20 years since WJC was exposed over the Monica Lewensky + affairs? Where was the groundswell of support for the numerous women coming forward? 

you are a repeat offender spreading fake news on this very thread.  How many times did you write that Hillary Clinton said "what difference does it make" that people died at Benghazi.  What you've done is precisely what is meant by "fake news" -- taking a few words out of context to change the intent, and then disseminating the false narrative over and over.

or how about her constantly saying that Obamacare was pushed through by the Dems and refused any contributions by R's? The opposite of the truth.

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

you are a repeat offender spreading fake news on this very thread.  How many times did you write that Hillary Clinton said "what difference does it make" that people died at Benghazi.  What you've done is precisely what is meant by "fake news" -- taking a few words out of context to change the intent, and then disseminating the false narrative over and over.

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

okay, never mind.

Where is this list?

False or misleading claims are not lies.  Get your facts straight before writing a false or misleading claim

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

okay, never mind.

Where is this list?

False or misleading claims are not lies.  Get your facts straight before writing a false or misleading claim

If the intent is to deceive, then "false or misleading claims" are practically the dictionary definition of lies. I'm pretty sure that he knows what he is saying is false or misleading, so... Yeah. Lies. 2000 of them, at least. That we know of. Chances of more than that are extremely high. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.