The worst thing about the "new look" MOL ... (2006)

(There's a laugh connected with that comment above)

sac said:

I was so confused - wondered why all the dates were in 2006 - doh!

ETA - It didn't help that it took me to the top of the thread rather than most recently viewed.

I didn't notice the dates and was confused as to why someone mentioned getting help from the people at Wooden You Know since they closed years ago.

What I see may not be what you all see. It's not looking so user friendly for me on my Windows 8. It's harder for me to read, disorienting. Also, where's the Participated Discussions, and My Discussions? Will those be back?

sac said:

I was so confused - wondered why all the dates were in 2006 - doh!

ETA - It didn't help that it took me to the top of the thread rather than most recently viewed.

Yep!!

Meggie, if you go to your account ( up top, where your name is), you'll find details about the discussions you've started and those you've looked at.  That's as close as we come at this stage.

For the rest, once you're in Forums, you can select the Recently Updated tab for All Discussions and it's almost like what we had before. Then play around a little. oh oh

I navigate best by going back to the top of a page and clicking on Forums or the category I'm in.

I was so young and innocent, back in the aughts...

AlleyGater said:

top left corner, says "START A NEW DISCUSSION"

Where? There's no such thing on the version I am using. That sounds like the old one... I thought you clicked on the "plus sign" in the top right corner... are we using the same board?

@PeggyC, look at the dates on the AlleyGater posts...

And, regretfully, Alley Gater has not participated here in years!

I apologize for any confusion I might have caused. I thought it was funny to be able to bump the conversation that happened 9 years ago the last time the forum format changed so much.

Ooh, I like your new look! I hadn't really noticed before. *cheesy grin* *come hither look*

mrincredible said:

I apologize for any confusion I might have caused. I thought it was funny to be able to bump the conversation that happened 9 years ago the last time the forum format changed so much.

Oh, DUH. Never occurred to me to look. Shame this didn't all happen on April Fools' Day! smile

mrincredible said:

Hey, to me, that was funny.  Had me for a bit since one of the first posts was one of mine, and I helped to close and move Wooden You Know out.  So I knew something had time shifted.

Good job!!

Hmmm. Where is clipboard?

joan_crystal said:

AlleyGater:

Not perfect but if you are afraid of losing a valuable post, you can save it to clipboard (that only takes a moment) and paste it in a new dialog box if you lose the original text before you click on the add comments button.

Anyone else reading current posts dated 2006?

I resize my avatar again and it looks like a slab of salmon past its prime. Not that it would actually mean I got it to work anyway

IM80 said:

Anyone else reading current posts dated 2006?

They're not current. Those are 9 years old.

Clipboard is the place on your hard drive that your post goes to when you highlight the post, right click and select "cut" or "copy."  

awwww, they took away the smiley faces !! i cant do my signature * double bashing eyelashes* anymore LOL
me no liking this @dave @jamie 
#bringitback #please wink

Well, I bit the bullet and went for another avatar. I am bummed, but will soldier on.

Why do all the comments above mine have a date of 2006?

foxychica said:

Why do all the comments above mine have a date of 2006?

It's not all the comments. This is an old thread that was revived from 2006 when the "old" message board was put in place.

This is a resurrected thread from the last time Dave and Jamie overhauled the site (which was 2006). It's funny to see how many people are having the same issues now and how many haven't realized how old this thread is.

This is a thread which actually started after the last major forum upgrade in 2006.  It is one of the very first threads to be created after that happened.

I stumbled across it and realized I could still post to it, and thought it would be funny to review a 9-year-old thread about comments regarding a new format for the Forum.  Before this most recent forum shift, discussions were closed after a certain amount of time and could no longer be posted to.  I don't know if the new forum format will return to that model, but I'm abusing the privilege while it exists.

An admission: My technical minions here on the Astral Plane had saved each & every thread from every version of MOL to our own Ethereal Cloud (see below), but I foolishly entrusted the latest release of the MOLOSCOPE download software to my pin-headed ex-assistant, who accidentally turned it over to WikiLeaks...

However, all is not lost: Soda himself claims to have cleverly adapted a somewhat older release for our purposes, and now, running its native OS, here (below below) is his Universal MOLOSCOPE.

Now, theoretically, you can ask me anything...

Go in peace.

-The Oracle of MOL

Well, I found both after scrutinizing my bookmarks. Neither at the top or bottom, but placed in the middle of the list. Patience is a virtue, but I have just about exhausted mine over the past few days!

To those of you somehow confused or otherwise frustrated by the noble efforts of The Brothers Ross: Soda assures me that you will find answers to all your MOLOSCOPE questions in this little online video:  https://youtu.be/bgMg61iM9G8

Can you hear me now, Soda?

Go in Peace.

-The Oracle of MOL

HarleyQuinn said:

awwww, they took away the smiley faces !! i cant do my signature * double bashing eyelashes* anymore LOL
me no liking this @dave @jamie 
#bringitback #please wink

Somewhere Jamie (or Dave) posted that the emoticons are "coming soon".  #patience  oh oh

Thanks, Joanne! This is going to take me a while to get used to. I think I may be...shudder...old. ;-)

joanne said:

Meggie, if you go to your account ( up top, where your name is), you'll find details about the discussions you've started and those you've looked at.  That's as close as we come at this stage.

For the rest, once you're in Forums, you can select the Recently Updated tab for All Discussions and it's almost like what we had before. Then play around a little. oh oh

I navigate best by going back to the top of a page and clicking on Forums or the category I'm in.

ETA: @jamie : I was going to create my ALS Fundraiser thread tomorrow (yes folks, it's that time again! Looks like we will be having 3 bands this year!), but can't see where 'Create New Discussion' is. Am I missing something? Please help, and thanks! meggie

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.