The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

Finally made it to QB...first one of 2022 for me today.

Congrats to you both ML1 and Alha!

alha said:

ml1 said:

Got the QB today.  First one since I stopped using the hints.  Today is another good day to go for it. 

Good for you..and without the hints! 
question

I'll admit I do check how many words are in the puzzle after I get to Genius, but I don't consider that using hints.  I only look at it to decide if I should give up.  If there are 4-5 words left and I feel like I've hit a wall, I give up for the day.  But today I only had 2 left when I was feeling stalled, so I kept going.  A couple of days last week I gave up and then found out the next day that I knew all the words I missed.  So today I was not stopping grin

I got to Genius pretty quickly today but not sure if I will pursue QB.

With hints I got to Queen Bee. I'll take it, she said feeling she was in kindergarten hanging with the 5th graders. grin

wendy said:

With hints I got to Queen Bee. I'll take it, she said feeling she was in kindergarten hanging with the 5th graders.
grin

I actually did look in at hints last night for yesterday's puzzle when I was stuck for hours with one word left.  And I still couldn't get "pitapat", knowing it was a seven letter word starting with "pi".  grin

Missed yesterday with tapa and papacy, stupidly. But made it to queen today! I like these more finite ones!

When I saw pitapat my first thought was not a word. Didn't bother to look it up as my score was amazing on that day at the most. lol

wendy said:

With hints I got to Queen Bee. I'll take it, she said feeling she was in kindergarten hanging with the 5th graders.
grin

If it makes you feel better, I got Queen Bee today, but only because I looked at the first letter hints.

KarenMarlowe said:

If it makes you feel better, I got Queen Bee today, but only because I looked at the first letter hints.

Me too, Karen. I felt left out. 

Not sure i ever saw pitapat spelled like that before?  otoh, i also missed papaya yesterday (not for the first time), and there's really no excuse for that.

mjc said:

Not sure i ever saw pitapat spelled like that before?  otoh, i also missed papaya yesterday (not for the first time), and there's really no excuse for that.

Papaya and papacy were my last two words.

Stumped at 30/140. I’m okay with genius.

KarenMarlowe said:

I made it to 35 words yesterday and was more than pleased with that. In the past few days, I've been 5-7 words shy of QB. Today it looks like that'll be the case as well.

alha said:

KarenMarlowe said:

I made it to 35 words yesterday and was more than pleased with that. In the past few days, I've been 5-7 words shy of QB. Today it looks like that'll be the case as well.

Same here. Easy enough to get to genius, but no way am I getting to QB.

41/140. Can’t get the last two.

ETA:  Missed Bebop and Pewee (Didn't know there was a alternate spelling)

I got a puzzle today that I had already solved. Anyone else get this? Said I found 33 words and only at amazing... Reloaded and it came up the same. Weird. 

KarenMarlowe said:

I got a puzzle today that I had already solved. Anyone else get this? Said I found 33 words and only at amazing... Reloaded and it came up the same. Weird. 

Not on my end.

jimmurphy said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Not on my end.

Huh! I got to genius! LOL! I will try to restart my computer. 

KarenMarlowe said:

jimmurphy said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Not on my end.

Huh! I got to genius! LOL! I will try to restart my computer. 

That didn't work and it's the same on my phone. Break my Spelling Bee habit quickly this way...

KarenMarlowe said:

That didn't work and it's the same on my phone. Break my Spelling Bee habit quickly this way...

Maybe sign out of the app and sign back in? Delete cookies?

Getting close at 49/194, but something is definitely up today!

A completely new puzzle just showed up with no progress - (saw the pangram right way).

Never happened before.  When I got out and back in, today's puzzle showed up.

Got out and back in again and the brand new puzzle showed up again.

Seems to be alternating.

jimmurphy said:

Getting close at 49/194, but something is definitely up today!

A completely new puzzle just showed up with no progress - (saw the pangram right way).

Never happened before.  When I got out and back in, today's puzzle showed up.

Got out and back in again and the brand new puzzle showed up again.

Seems to be alternating.

is it possible there are two puzzles today?  I'm at Genius at only 37/145.  And on the puzzle I'm working on, 49 would be QB.

ml1 said:

is it possible there are two puzzles today?  I'm at Genius at only 37/145.  And on the puzzle I'm working on, 49 would be QB.

Definitely two puzzles today. Genius on the second is 43. Closing in on Double-Genius.

The Twittersphere was all a-panic about the Spelling Bee snafu today. I finally got a new one to load and Queen Bee was relatively easily attainable (though not 49; a bit higher). But now when I try to reload it, I get the weird old page again. Seems I can load the new one still on my phone.

zucca said:

The Twittersphere was all a-panic about the Spelling Bee snafu today. I finally got a new one to load and Queen Bee was relatively easily attainable (though not 49; a bit higher). But now when I try to reload it, I get the weird old page again. Seems I can load the new one still on my phone.

OK, sounds unintentional.

now I see the 2nd puzzle.  weird

Deleting data from the last 24 hours worked for me.

ETA: No wait! It just reset the old puzzle. Sheesh!

ETFA: I was signed out and when I signed back in, the old puzzle with all my words was there.

there must be a THIRD puzzle today.  At Genius with only 12/45.

ml1 said:

there must be a THIRD puzzle today.  At Genius with only 12/45.

yeah, I’m at Amazing with 16/39, although I do have a lot of 4-letter words. 

ETA just got to Genius at 17/45.

A third has not popped up for me.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.