The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

alha said:

jimmurphy said:

Just got QB!

Two somewhat uncommon words.

congrats...calling it a night at QB -6, just not seeing any more words

I am QB -5... Ready to give up, too...

I am clueless today.  I only have 9 words but I'm giving up.  (I did get a pangram, so there's that.)

QB today. The last word was a total guess but based on what I knew from the clues.

nicely done...I'm QB -2 and just not seeing those last 2 words

Got it with hints for the last word

alha said:

nicely done...I'm QB -2 and just not seeing those last 2 words

Same here. Ended up two down. One was super simple and I should have gotten it. The other was stupid and I am not surprised I missed it... Today? Arrgghh! May not even get to genius...

got the QB today. Good day to go for it. I did look at the hints for the last two, but frankly they didn't help much at that point. I had figured out the number of letters in the last two words anyway.

1 short, with hints.  patience.

mjc said:

there wasn't a single word that isn't in my regular vocabulary, so it's a good day to persevere

ml1 said:

there wasn't a single word that isn't in my regular vocabulary, so it's a good day to persevere

same here...perseverance was the key to today's QB for me  question

at last.  Last word isn't unfamiliar, but it's one that's sort of (unduly) annoying to me.  Gotta use it for SB though : )

ml1 said:

mjc said:

Thanks for the push! Made it to QB. 

Finally joining the party and got QB. 

Had to stop thinking about it and it came to me. I question the word, though.

jimmurphy said:

Meetup?

That was my last word...

KarenMarlowe said:

jimmurphy said:

Meetup?

That was my last word...

mine too

ml1 said:

mine too

Mine as well.  Too slangy for me.

jimmurphy said:

ml1 said:

mine too

Mine as well.  Too slangy for me.

I think the only reason I got it was that my next to last word was "mete", which immediately called "meetup" to mind.

got the QB today using the new "Spelling Bee Buddy" for the last 4 words. 

ml1 said:

got the QB today using the new "Spelling Bee Buddy" for the last 4 words. 

Sounds like cheatin'...  cheese

KarenMarlowe said:

Sounds like cheatin'... 
cheese

to me too but I suppose it can be seen as more of a crutch or a helping hand since it's there for the asking

alha said:

to me too but I suppose it can be seen as more of a crutch or a helping hand since it's there for the asking

it just focuses you a little. It suggests you try a word associated with a particular concept. Or a word starting with a specific letter. 

Three short yesterday and one word, locoweed, I would have never gotten. Maybe next time...

KarenMarlowe said:

Three short yesterday and one word, locoweed, I would have never gotten. Maybe next time...

Same here - other two misses were dwell and dwelled. 

Oh (d)well...

jimmurphy said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Same here - other two misses were dwell and dwelled. 

Oh (d)well...

cheese

Lewd and woodcock were my other two. 

I got the last two using the Buddy 

Got QB today using hints. Got to Genius with 12 words left, so I wasn't going to get it without hints. There are also a few words I never would have thought to guess on my own.

Hiragana? I would have never gotten that in a month of trying all letters. I may remember it now, but maybe not...

KarenMarlowe said:

Hiragana? I would have never gotten that in a month of trying all letters. I may remember it now, but maybe not...

I got it using the Buddy, and google. It was my birthday yesterday and I was bound and determined to gift myself with a QB and I succeeded. grin

ml1 said:

KarenMarlowe said:

I got it using the Buddy, and google. It was my birthday yesterday and I was bound and determined to gift myself with a QB and I succeeded.
grin

Hiragana, but they still don't allow inline.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.