Pope Francis, Catholics, and Christians in the news worldwide

mtierney said:
folks having intense conversations with themselves are, ummm, nuts?

You know, you could check with Jamie and cure yourself of this particular delusion.  If you were interested in the truth, that is. 

Klinker said:

mtierney said:
 You know, you could check with Jamie and cure yourself of this particular delusion.  If you were interested in the truth, that is. 

According to both GDPR and CCPA, Jamie is not allowed to share our PII with anyone.

basil said:

Klinker said:

mtierney said:
According to both GDPR and CCPA, Jamie is not allowed to share our PII with anyone.

Right but he could confirm that you and I are not posting from the same IP address. 

I don’t think mtierney really believes this in any case. She’s just spraying virtual Febreze to cover up the stench of her rotting soul. 

Is that too harsh?  It was either “rotting soul” or “virtual farts”. Given that we were discussing Concentration Camps for Kids, I decided to go with “rotting soul”.  

Klinker said:
Is that too harsh?  It was either “rotting soul” or “virtual farts”. Given that we were discussing Concentration Camps for Kids, I decided to go with “rotting soul”.  

She is a Trump supporter, nothing really offends them. Trump said he could kill someone on 5th Avenue and his supporters would still vote for him remember?

Robert_Casotto said:
you both Pisces too?

Are you hitting on me? 

Gotta have a J-o-b if you wanna be with me.

Robert_Casotto said:

Oh, no worries.  I don't date trolls. They don't have the mental capacity to be capable of consent. Humans only for me.

Robert_Casotto said:

I got a job!

Now, now fellas. No need to fight over me.  But I do love tulips, if you must.

basil said:

Robert_Casotto said:
I got a job!

Dude.  They can't consent.  It would be like dating gopher.

please do not wake B&K,INC — or feed it either. 

Mike Pence practicing his christian faith in McAllen,TX today.

Using the "protect inner soul from evil I'm party to" body language, I see.

dave said:

Oh, if you read this thread, Dave, you will see more than evil body language — direct personal condemnation, going on,  24/7, for years. 

Mexico seems to be doing the right thing for refugee immigrant, while America is doing the wrong thing. Maybe we can smuggle the Mexican President over the border and he can run our country instead of Trump. What a difference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/opinion/trump-immigration-mexico.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

mtierney said:

dave said:
 Oh, if you read this thread, Dave, you will see more than evil body language — direct personal condemnation, going on,  24/7, for years. 

That would be condemnation of evil.  In the case of those who support Concentration Camps for Kids, I suppose that would, in fact, be personal evil.  

If you are concerned about the state of your soul (and that really is what this thread is about, isn't it, the state of our souls) then I think there are some simple steps you could take today.

Klinker said:

basil said:

Klinker said:

mtierney said:
 Right but he could confirm that you and I are not posting from the same IP address. 

I don’t think mtierney really believes this in any case. She’s just spraying virtual Febreze to cover up the stench of her rotting soul. 

What does your soul smell like?

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

dave said:
 That would be condemnation of evil.  In the case of those who support Concentration Camps for Kids, I suppose that would, in fact, be personal evil.  
If you are concerned about the state of your soul (and that really is what this thread is about, isn't it, the state of our souls) then I think there are some simple steps you could take today.

Matthew 7:5.  You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

John 8:7 King James Version (KJV).   So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

IMHO, WWJD:  review Matthew 7:5 and John 8:7, and then focus on his own flaws.

Here are some paragraphs out of the article I posted before, this is how Mexico's President approaches this refugee problem. Isn't it very clear from the New Testament (and if you are a Catholic: also from Pope Francis'es teachings) that this is the right approach (vs separating kids from their parents and locking them up without proper care). Is there any Christian on this thread who does not believe this?

Mexico is treating this crisis as it should be — as a humanitarian emergency. President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has pledged to treat asylum seekers with dignity and support, and has said he wants to guarantee them health, safety and opportunity. Mr. López Obrador is working to provide migrants with jobs, and wants to find other ways to make it easier for them to work while they await their asylum rulings.

Taking the long view, Mr. López Obrador has also called for a “new Marshall Plan” to meet the challenge at its roots, in Central America, with a $30 billion initiative to invest in the region and support migrants in Mexico. While the United States pulls out of development projects, Mexico has already committed $30 million to a reforestation project in El Salvador, which will plant 50,000 hectares (about 124,000 acres) of trees and create 20,000 jobs.

Rather than using fear and cruelty to achieve shortsighted, unilateral political gain, we need to restore politics of humanity.

A lot of Churches, Catholic and otherwise, are putting it on the line this morning to shelter families from the Tyrant's latest terror. My thoughts are with the victims and the brave men and women who believe more in the teachings of Christ than they do in a country that has gone so very wrong.

Klinker said:
A lot of Churches, Catholic and otherwise, are putting it on the line this morning to shelter families from the Tyrant's latest terror. My thoughts are with the victims and the brave men and women who believe more in the teachings of Christ than they do in a country that has gone so very wrong.

Then suggest solutions for the problems. 

And, no, WWJD is not an answer because WWJD is NOT dispositive on almost all of these complicated, tangled and conflicting issues.

IMHO, your constant kvetching (without offering proposed solutions) is not a productive way to resolve issues.

It’s like the echo of an echo. You can almost hear something..... and then it’s gone. 

Klinker said:
It’s like the echo of an echo. You can almost hear something..... and then it’s gone. 

Yes, Klinker, your ostrich strategy is start to pay dividends.  Just, acknowledge that without your ad hominem attacks you are unable to respond.

proeasdf said:

Klinker said:
And, no, WWJD is not an answer because WWJD is NOT dispositive on almost all of these complicated, tangled and conflicting issues.

IMHO, your constant kvetching (without offering proposed solutions) is not a productive way to resolve issues.

Ok, my proposal is to do what the Mexican President is doing:

1) Treat the people with respect and compassion

2) Invest in solving the root problem (middle America), and because I am fiscally conservative: pay for it by reducing the insanely bloated defense budget, in fact: for every one dollar spent in Middle America, take two dollars from the Defense Budget

3) For people that have no criminal records, and have a clean story: expedite their immigration process and try to take many of them in, because we need labor and we need to make sure our population doesn't age

How is that for WWJD?

basil said:

proeasdf said:

Klinker said:

Ok, my proposal is to do what the Mexican President is doing:
1) Treat the people with respect and compassion
2) Invest in solving the root problem (middle America), and because I am fiscally conservative: pay for it by reducing the insanely bloated defense budget, in fact: for every one dollar spent in Middle America, take two dollars from the Defense Budget
3) For people that have no criminal records, and have a clean story: expedite their immigration process and try to take many of them in, because we need labor and we need to make sure our population doesn't age
How is that for WWJD?

Thanks for responding with your solutions (a step in the right direction).  A couple comments to your suggestions:

#1.  Agreed,  treat [all of] the people with respect and compassion.

#2.  Agreed, [i]nvest in solving the root problem (middle America) . . . by reducing the insanely bloated defense budget.  Devil is in the details.   What we will be investing in?  Historically, government jobs training programs have been a failure.

#3.  Disagree with your analysis here.  My question:  why are alleged refugees traveling through safe countries, such as UK or Spain (many African alleged refugees) or Mexico (many Central American alleged refugees) without making a refugee claim in those countries?

mtierney said:
Some do all the talk; others step up..

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pro-life-women-deliver-semi-truck-full-of-supplies-72000-to-the-border-79366

Why can’t you post a link with a comment like ‘here’s some people doing a nice thing’ or something like that? Why does everything have to be a dig at someone else?  Posts like this are concrete examples of YOU doing all the talk while others step up.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.