Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer

No. You don't get to claim criticism of Rush Limbaugh is "hatred". That's the height of hypocrisy. The man has made a career of mockery, invective and punching down for decades.

mrincredible said:

No. You don't get to claim criticism of Rush Limbaugh is "hatred". That's the height of hypocrisy. The man has made a career of mockery, invective and punching down for decades.

It's useless to debate with the Lord of pabulum....

mrincredible said:

Go peddle your pabulum elsewhere.

I second the motion.  No one here wants what Pabulum is selling.

lord_pabulum said:

Anyone remember his eulogy for a local resident at Our Lady of Sorrows a few years back? It was quite good.

"Broadcast professional gives quite good eulogy for longtime friend and co-worker" doesn't tell us anything about the man.

How he's spoken about people whom he doesn't know, and may not be friendly towards, is something different.

Mr. Incredible hate. Look in the mirror and see the fake.

nohero said:

"Broadcast professional gives quite good eulogy for longtime friend and co-worker" doesn't tell us anything about the man.

How he's spoken about people whom he doesn't know, and may not be friendly towards, is something different.

The dead never get to hear the eulogy given at their funeral. Eulogies comfort the living who suffered the loss. 

How, exactly, can a person be unfriendly to someone “whom he doesn’t know “? 

Perhaps expressing a pubic opinion on public figures by what they only hear or read about is no longer viable? 

mtierney said:

How, exactly, can a person be unfriendly to someone “whom he doesn’t know “? 

Perhaps expressing a pubic opinion on public figures by what they only hear or read about is no longer viable? 

Read other posts in this thread, of Rush Limbaugh doing exactly that. 

How about SNL, Colbert, Maher, TV anchors, Hollywood actors, etc., who make fame and fortune dissing POTUS and Republicans? 

If we want to cancel out the entertainer Rush, equal concern needs focusing on liberal hate speech. 

I laugh often at politically focused  “humor” , before cringing a bit, however.

This kind of behavior is not new, but the stage is more vast  than anyone could have ever envisioned. Everyone with a cell phone is a reporter or street activist. News is at one’s finger tips 24/7. 

I remember Harry Truman  being taunted — too short, Midwest haberdasher, overly protective of his only child and his wife. No way a follow-up to FDR. (Roosevelt’s peccadillos  were well known by the press who kept them out of public view. Decades later the story was written.)  However, Truman had a often salty and feisty retort always at the ready! 

I could go on in my presidential look back, but, I really do have a life! smile

mtierney said:

How about SNL, Colbert, Maher, TV anchors, Hollywood actors, etc., who make fame and fortune dissing POTUS and Republicans? 

Mocking the famous an powerful for their behavior isn't hate. Calling a 13-year-old girl a dog is hate. If you thought that was funny there's something wrong with you.

Mocking a man's Parkinson's tremor is not humor. It's hate.

mtierney said:

How about SNL, Colbert, Maher, TV anchors, Hollywood actors, etc., who make fame and fortune dissing POTUS and Republicans?

Hmmm. I'm beginning to suspect that Hollywood/TV/media lean left. Moreover, I've looked back and reflected on satire, humor, social critique and found, remarkably enough, that this isn't new. Whodathunkit?

mtierney said:

Satirizing the powerful provides a way to cut through politicians' fog and spin.  It's a very important role in keeping people well-informed about what their leaders are really up to.  When leaders try to gaslight an entire populace, satire performs the vital function of letting people know that they aren't the crazy ones, and that the politicians are the dishonest manipulators.

What Rush has done through the years relies heavily on mocking the powerless, and relies on fanning the anger of his audience (I know, I used to be a regular listener).  It's mostly cruel demagoguery, and nothing like what Stephen Colbert does, which is meant to uncover the absurdities and the dishonesty of the powerful.

who remembers when the best place to get the truth about the Iraq war was The Daily Show's "Mess o' Potamia" segments.

and this.  This was by far the most truthful and ********-busting coverage W. Bush ever received.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.