November 2020 (or maybe January 2021)- If Trump Loses

sprout said:

DaveSchmidt said:

sprout said:

Yes, yes... but I'm curious about *before* that... how did they end up reserving the Four Season's Total Landscaping parking lot in the first place? Who made that reservation, and what was their direction and/or thinking when doing so?

It seems unlikely to have been this image-conscious campaign's first choice.

Center City was a no-go, because of the pro-Biden crowds and potential for disruptions. Northeast Philly is out out of the way and more conservative, and they could pick a parking lot — easy to get in, set up and get out, all quickly — pretty much at random. If the lot had a security gate that could be closed if necessary, even better.

Yes, yes, And if they had coordinated with the GOP ward leader for the neighborhood, and/or the reservation hadn't just been made earlier that morning, perhaps I would be more inclined to believe that they chose it for all those logistical reasons.

STANV said:

basil said:

I think he will resign and have Pence pardon him

I would not be terribly upset by that. At least we'd be rid of him and a pardon implies guilt and he would still be subject to State charges.

I'd be happy to have him go on a permanent golf vacation to the island of St. Helena.

PVW said:

STANV said:

basil said:

I think he will resign and have Pence pardon him

I would not be terribly upset by that. At least we'd be rid of him and a pardon implies guilt and he would still be subject to State charges.

I'd be happy to have him go on a permanent golf vacation to the island of St. Helena.

As a European I have to say that that is an insult to Napoleon

This IS the Trump strategy:

First post-election firing. Mark Esper, Secretary of Defense is out. 

mrincredible said:

You think that he plans to do some funny business with the military? Or is he just being a dick?

Trump has been trying to find his Roy Cohn in the military but increasing their budget bigly.  I think we're pretty lucky that he hasn't found one in this department.

Wonder how many funds he's starting up:

President Trump just activated the EMERGENCY Wisconsin Recount Fund, and it’s going to take every Patriot’s help to get the resources we need to expose their lies and declare a TRUMP-PENCE VICTORY.

------------------------

Has there been any proof of fraud as of yet?

basil said:

You think that he plans to do some funny business with the military? Or is he just being a dick?

Dick. He wanted to fire Esper months ago because Esper disagreed with Trump about using active duty troops to quell civil unrest. This was coming, but someone convinced him to wait until after the election.

Christopher Wray (FBI) and Gina Haspel (CIA) are likely next. Wray wouldn't investigate Biden. Haspel resisted declassifying documents related to the Durham Report.

• Neil Chatterjee, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; 
  • Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration
  • Bonnie Glick, deputy administrator of the US Agency for International Development.
  • Mark Esper secretary of defense... is this something we should be worrying about?

Jaytee said:

• Neil Chatterjee, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; 
  • Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration
  • Bonnie Glick, deputy administrator of the US Agency for International Development.
  • Mark Esper secretary of defense... is this something we should be worrying about?

maybe Trump is planning to nuke Chicago

ml1 said:

maybe Trump is planning to nuke Chicago

That would probably get him some 2024 votes from Idaho and Alabama.

basil said:

mrincredible said:

Now he'll get a yes man who will support him in the use of the insurrection act should the election be stolen.

“I could have a fight over anything, and I could make it a big fight, and I could live with that,” Esper said Wednesday, at a time when reports of his imminent firing were swirling. He added: “Why? Who’s going to come in behind me? It’s going to be a real ‘yes man.’ And then God help us.”

How did that interview go? Oh, found it:

Trump: I expect your support should the insurrection act be invoked.

Miller: Mr. President. You are the legal head of our country. It is my duty to obey any order you give. 

Trump: Any problem terminating officers who refuse?

Miller: Sir. You are the Commander In Chief. To disobey is treasonous. If need be they will be arrested.

Trump: What if some court tells you otherwise?

Miller: Sir. I report to you, not some court.

Trump: You're what we're looking for. The job is yours. Congratulations Mr. Secretary.

Miller: Mr. President. To serve you will be an honor and privilege.

He was talking about using the Insurrection Act to use the military to attempt to quell protests. As far as I know he wasn't considering using it to stop the process of the election.

mrincredible said:

He was talking about using the Insurrection Act to use the military to attempt to quell protests. As far as I know he wasn't considering using it to stop the process of the election.

Did I say he's going to stop the election?

If he's elected by as an example having the PA and other Republican legislatures assign their electoral colleges votes to him, many would consider that as stealing the election. There will then be demonstrations that can be suppressed using the insurrection act. 

Floyd said:

Did I say he's going to stop the election?

If he's elected by as an example having the PA and other Republican legislatures assign their electoral colleges votes to him, many would consider that as stealing the election. There will then be demonstrations that can be suppressed using the insurrection act. 

Okay I misunderstood you.

Plus I'm preemptively mad at you for ruining my sleep tonight.

One good thing is the PA state legislature leadership have issued a statement saying they're not going to do that.

mrincredible said:

Okay I misunderstood you.

Plus I'm preemptively mad at you for ruining my sleep tonight.

One good thing is the PA state legislature leadership have issued a statement saying they're not going to do that.

The aggravation can be an insomnia booster. Maybe I shouldn't post my depressing my thoughts.

I'm not religious but if the PA legislature means it then thank God for that.

mrincredible said:

Good thing elected republican officials never lie

basil said:

mrincredible said:

Yep. And he was re-elected by a large margin. With the immoral there is no downside to lying. Maybe to them, both him and his voters, lying is a virtue.

basil said:

Read today that the phrase that turned the tide for Ol’ Lindsey was “Defund the Police”.

Very poor “marketing” of a very reasonable approach.

I think that the backlash to the protests and the Republican lies about the extent of looting and riots are what changed the Congressional races.

Pretty easy to scare centrist conservatives, apparently.

jimmurphy said:

Read today that the phrase that turned the tide for Ol’ Lindsey was “Defund the Police”.

Very poor “marketing” of a very reasonable approach.

I think that the backlash to the protests and the Republican lies about the extent of looting and riots are what changed the Congressional races.

Pretty easy to scare centrist conservatives, apparently.

one of the issues with "defund the police" is that there wasn't much Democrats could do about a phrase that they didn't originate.  A lot of their candidates got slapped with the label even if they didn't embrace it, even when they made it clear that they didn't.  Just another example of the misinformation that Democrats need to contend with in every election.  I don't see any solution to it any time soon when a huge chunk of voters are ready and willing to believe the most outrageous lies about Democratic candidates.

meh. I think voters that were persuaded by "defund the police" would have just as easily been persuaded by whatever piece of dung the R's threw at a candidate.

drummerboy said:

meh. I think voters that were persuaded by "defund the police" would have just as easily been persuaded by whatever piece of dung the R's threw at a candidate.

I disagree.  Trump and his ilk were unified with their "Law and Order" message.  Visuals of destruction and violence associated with the racial justice protests along with the convenient "Defund the Police" slogan to flog were a convenient backdrop for their message of fear.  I think this was red meat for their campaign, even though Biden repeatedly denied wanting to defund the police, and continually decried the violence that broke out at some protests.

This is probably a discussion for another thread, but I think one of the most important things Biden can do is get involved in solving the racial inequities that are being protested.  It's the morally right thing to do, and can probably be achieved without Republican legislators.  

mrincredible said:

drummerboy said:

I disagree.  Trump and his ilk were unified with their "Law and Order" message.  Visuals of destruction and violence associated with the racial justice protests along with the convenient "Defund the Police" slogan to flog were a convenient backdrop for their message of fear.  I think this was red meat for their campaign, even though Biden repeatedly denied wanting to defund the police, and continually decried the violence that broke out at some protests.

This is probably a discussion for another thread, but I think one of the most important things Biden can do is get involved in solving the racial inequities that are being protested.  It's the morally right thing to do, and can probably be achieved without Republican legislators.  

No. I disagree.

The fact that no Dem ran on "defund the police" and Biden repeatedly and specifically said he was against it, means that any voter swayed by this had to disregard the unreality of the smear.

Which means that any smear would do for these weaker minded voters - assuming that any such voter actually even exists, for which we have no data yet.

March for Trump this weekend, kids.

Also known as "Fear of the Walking MAGAs"

https://trumpmarch.com/

nohero said:

Saturday at noon!

Looks like there will be one at every state capital. Including Trenton.

let's see how many people show up for this.  

ml1 said:

let's see how many people show up for this.  

My predictions:

1. There will be at least one viral photo that purports to show thousands of people in front of a building that someone will later point out is in a different country.

2. There will be plenty of photos that are carefully framed or cropped to make it look like lots of people are there.

nohero said:

cramer

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:57pm 

Jaytee said:

Smedley said:

Omg Trump is stark raving mad. Guy should be committed.

I’m more worried about his followers. 70 million people voted for this lunatic. His speech just now is by far the most dangerous thing he has done.

His sons are tweeting that there is rampant fraud and Hannity, etc. on Fox are saying the same. This is being done to purposely inflame Trump supporters and if Biden is declared the winner the outcome is not going to be pretty. Trump is not going to leave and this is all setting the stage for massive rallies in support of him. That's why Don Jr. is upset that no Republicans, other than DeSantis, are supporting their claims of fraud.
eta - I wouldn't mind be wrong. I just don't like what I'm seeing.
Before the election Trump was asked several times if there would be a peaceful transition if he lost. He said there would be a peaceful transition if it was a fair election. He's saying if he loses it's not a fair election - there was fraud. Particularly since it is so close, which had a lot of people worried.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.