Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Nice to see the other team have Lucas Duda/Daniel Murphy playing leftfield instead of the Mets. 

DanDietrich said:

Nice clubbing of SF last night.  This is a good team.

Yes it’s been fun following this team. 

I feel confident That they can weather  the absence of Scherzer for a few weeks. I am not going to get my hopes up about the return of deGrom, but it is fun to imagine how things would look if he came back for the second half of the season.

I just want them to play well enough that they don't have to trade three prospects for a short term rental.  My hope is for a team that is good every year, and that requires young talent as well as money.

It seems like only a matter of time before Dom is traded. I would prefer they see if somebody from the minors can fill in if Megill is only going to be out a couple more weeks. 

jfinnegan said:

It seems like only a matter of time before Dom is traded. I would prefer they see if somebody from the minors can fill in if Megill is only going to be out a couple more weeks. 

Definitely don’t see them trading Dom for a Megill stopgap. But I do agree that they’ll move him eventually this season.

I think both Dom and JD are available.  As we get near the deadline their value may rise.

DanDietrich said:

I think both Dom and JD are available.  As we get near the deadline their value may rise.

JD too? Who’d be on the bench?

Just cycle Guillermo and Jankowski?

Dom's in a tough position. He wants to play everyday, but he's not doing enough to justify playing everyday. It seems that Buck prefers JD, or maybe the analytics is showing him being better against certain righties. 

Ouch.  I am both sad and glad I went to sleep at 11 PM last night.  It was an exciting game, but we came up on the losing end of it.

Who would think that Lindor's six RBI night would get two-upped by Pederson's eight RBIs?

Is it time to get worried that Diaz has blown three saves already?????

mfpark said:

Ouch.  I am both sad and glad I went to sleep at 11 PM last night.  It was an exciting game, but we came up on the losing end of it.

Who would think that Lindor's six RBI night would get two-upped by Pederson's eight RBIs?

Is it time to get worried that Diaz has blown three saves already?????

one of the blown saves was on 3 weakly struck infield hits. So I'd say no at this time 

I'm not worried, but I do hate two out walks.  

When Nido hit that leadoff single in the eighth last night I thought Jankowski would run for him.  Today I see that he is on the IL.  Anyone know what happened?  It was good to see Diaz bounce back.

He busted a finger making a diving catch and had to have it fixed up. Out for six-eight weeks. Too bad. He's a useful dude. 

Went to a Syracuse AAA Mets game this week.  LOVE the 14 second pitch clock.  The game moves. Bring it on.

Good to see the Mets banking wins early against the NL East. The month of June is going to be brutal, so it's nice to have a little cushion. I'm concerned that without deGrom and Scherzer the west coast road trip has potential to be a disaster.

It's 9 games.  If they lose every series and go 3-6 they will still be okay. 

I hate walks.  I just hate them.

DanDietrich said:

It's 9 games.  If they lose every series and go 3-6 they will still be okay. 

Because they have been beating up on the NL East grin

I'd hate to be a Phils fan this year. Their team looks like so many Mets teams of the recent past. A bunch of guys who are out of position in the field, or even if they are in their natural positions, don't field very well, and a poor bullpen. They've got some good hitters and starting pitchers, so they might turn it around. But so far that's a tough team to watch. 

Ok boys maybe save some runs for the next game!

Only one starter for the Mets had no hits tonight. McNeil of all people!

June 1st, the 10-yr anniversary of the Johan game. DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE? I was on the Parkway with my wife listening to music, when I got two 8th inning "omg are you watching" phone calls. I thus ended up with Howie's call, not Gary's. Incredible drive home. How can you not be romantic about baseball?  

Train_of_Thought said:

June 1st, the 10-yr anniversary of the Johan game. Do you remember where you were? I was on the Parkway with my wife listening to music, when I got two 8th inning "omg are you watching" phone calls. I thus ended up with Howie's call, not Gary's. Incredible drive home.

I was in CODA talking to a guy who has since become a client and friend. We were shooting the breeze and neither of us realized what was going on until we got in our cars! I called my daughter to let her know what was going on and got home in time to watch the last inning with her. 

We went to the wedding the next day. Groom and his family are big Yankee fans. Most of the pictures of me from the wedding show me holding up the Star Ledger! 

They sent Dom Smith to AAA.  Sad situation. 

bub said:

They sent Dom Smith to AAA.  Sad situation. 

Hopefully he will tear it up down there, rebuild some value and be part of a trade to get a useful piece; then will succeed elsewhere. 

Soul_29 said:

Train_of_Thought said:

June 1st, the 10-yr anniversary of the Johan game. Do you remember where you were? I was on the Parkway with my wife listening to music, when I got two 8th inning "omg are you watching" phone calls. I thus ended up with Howie's call, not Gary's. Incredible drive home.

I was in CODA talking to a guy who has since become a client and friend. We were shooting the breeze and neither of us realized what was going on until we got in our cars! I called my daughter to let her know what was going on and got home in time to watch the last inning with her. 

We went to the wedding the next day. Groom and his family are big Yankee fans. Most of the pictures of me from the wedding show me holding up the Star Ledger! 

That game was the beginning of the end of his career. 

Train_of_Thought said:

June 1st, the 10-yr anniversary of the Johan game. DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE? I was on the Parkway with my wife listening to music, when I got two 8th inning "omg are you watching" phone calls. I thus ended up with Howie's call, not Gary's. Incredible drive home. How can you not be romantic about baseball?  

i was there along with my son. It was his first comped game after starting as an intern for SNY/Mets Weekly after his sophomore year in college. Most magical moment I've ever seen live. On our way home we both used the restrooms. Son comes out: "Mom! I saw grown men crying in there."  gulp gulp grin grin
When the kid told me about these tickets I said I'm coming with you. He thought I'd prefer the Sunday game and figured he'd bring a friend to the Friday night one. My answer: "It may be a Friday night and I'm working in Jersey City but I'm going. I am paying for college (mostly) and paying for this internship (yep, they didn't pay) so I'm going." Best decision I've made in a long time.

yahooyahoo said:

That game was the beginning of the end of his career. 

Any true fan knows this. Why bring it up in this context of the memories associated with an amazing moment? Terry Collins still feels guilty. We know. Are you a fan or just like stating the obvious? Sheesh.

bub said:

Went to a Syracuse AAA Mets game this week.  LOVE the 14 second pitch clock.  The game moves. Bring it on.

Is it still called MacArthur Park? I grew up there, mostly in the Blue Jays years. We always sat about 10 rows beyond 3rd base 2 sections up. That is how I got hooked.

called NBT Bank Stadium

bub said:

called NBT Bank Stadium

Ahhh, the age of corporate sponsorship. Hopefully it is at least keeping the ticket prices down so mere mortals can go to the games.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.