Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

DanDietrich said:

I think any left fielder other than Schwarber may have been able to grab that hit by McNeil.   Good night for the Mets.

Statcast info indicated 70% of the time that ball was an out. Schwarber is terrible out there. Phillies are brutal in the field. Must be hard to be a fan of theirs and watch them butchering plays every night. 

A lot of people were upset that the Mets didn't sign him.  I hate watching my team play bad defense.  It would kill me to watch that every day.

yahooyahoo said:

Why is Schwarber playing outfield over Harper?

Harper hurt his throwing arm. He wouldn't be playing if there wasn't a DH. 

They did it.  They released Cano.  I may start climbing out from under my rock of "this can't last".

DanDietrich said:

They did it.  They released Cano.  I may start climbing out from under my rock of "this can't last".

Cano designated for assignment, and Yoan Lopez optioned to Syracuse.

Theoretically they could trade Cano, but no one is as stupid as Van W was, right?  But he also can reject any assignment, so why even bother trying?   I wonder if any team would even pick him up for the minimum with the Mets paying the rest of his salary?  He is just a ped-estrian player at best these days.

Looking back at the trade, the can't miss Kelenic has missed big time so far.  Dunn hasn't been bad but he's hurt.  But for the $ baggage of Cano, the deal doesn't look so terrible.  And we got a free year because of his stupidity.  Can't complain about Diaz these days.

bub said:

Looking back at the trade, the can't miss Kelenic has missed big time so far.  Dunn hasn't been bad but he's hurt.  But for the $ baggage of Cano, the deal doesn't look so terrible.  And we got a free year because of his stupidity.  Can't complain about Diaz these days.

it's turned out that we got a couple of good years out of Diaz.  The Cano debacle is only a negative in terms of Uncle Steve's wallet.

and if the Mets win the division this year with Diaz as closer, I'd say it was worth it even if Kelenic turns into an All-Star.  You have to give something to get something.

bub said:

dont forget that the Mets unloaded two other deals onto Seattle as well, and they sent some money back.

Edited to add: between Bruce and Swarzak the mariners took 36.5 million in salary away from the Mets, and they sent $20 million with Cano.  After the dust settles the Mets were paying about $12.7 million per year for Cano.

Good job!  I think the Braves are going to be tough all season.

I've been out to Citi for four games so far this year, and the feeling in the ballpark is really positive. The winning certainly is the main reason. But the vibe is really cool, from the people working security at the entrances, to the workers at the concession stands, the ushers, the fans. I haven't seen anything like it in the past. Winning is great, but I think people are also enjoying being out together without pandemic restrictions on seating, with all the food stands and bars open.  It's been great. If the team keeps up winning, it's going to be a fun year at Citi Field.

ml1 said:

I've been out to Citi for four games so far this year, and the feeling in the ballpark is really positive. The winning certainly is the main reason. But the vibe is really cool, from the people working security at the entrances, to the workers at the concession stands, the ushers, the fans. I haven't seen anything like it in the past. Winning is great, but I think people are also enjoying being out together without pandemic restrictions on seating, with all the food stands and bars open.  It's been great. If the team keeps up winning, it's going to be a fun year at Citi Field.

I went yesterday and had a great time! Ended up being on TV after the final out of Game 1.

I never watched Lindor in Cleveland, but I have to assume he won a gold glove by making routine plays in addition to spectacular plays. He could have a lot more errors if the first basemen didn't save him as well. 

Gotta admit I tuned out early tonight. But my phone kept alerting me of every run scored. So I tuned back in to see Diaz's save. What a win!

That was nuts. 

Team of destiny.

I think that warrants an OMFG!

I left too, came back, so glad I did.

Can’t help but invoke, Ya gotta believe!

Two days of rain outs leaves the Phillies just stewing in the stench of that loss.  Nothing else for them to think about 

DanDietrich said:

Two days of rain outs leaves the Phillies just stewing in the stench of that loss.  Nothing else for them to think about 

Excellent. 

I'm not ever going to dis McCann for his average.  That's not why he is here.  I just wish he would hit useless weak fly ball outs or just strike out instead of all of the double plays he grounds into.

Train_of_Thought said:

E-4 on the Seaver statue???

https://paullukas.bulletin.com/mets-seaver-statue-has-wrong-uni-number-font/

I've been out to Citi a few times this season and I'm not sure I've even looked at the back of the statue  vampire

If Carrasco can keep this up it will be a good year.

I think that sound was Megill coming back to earth a bit.

DanDietrich said:

Hopefully just rust from the extra days. Older guys seem to appreciate them, younger not-so-much.

I was encouraged by all of the pitchers who followed him.  Williams has never really stood out, but his role is very important.  

jimmurphy said:

DanDietrich said:

Hopefully just rust from the extra days. Older guys seem to appreciate them, younger not-so-much.

just seemed like one of those days when he threw a bunch of pitches right down the middle.

I heard Zeile thinks he was tipping his pitches. I just thought he couldn't get any of his breaking pitches over and then was grooving fastballs. 

jfinnegan said:

I heard Zeile thinks he was tipping his pitches. I just thought he couldn't get any of his breaking pitches over and then was grooving fastballs. 

that makes sense. And it can happen to the best. In one of his Cy Young seasons, deGrom became convinced he was tipping. He wasn't getting hit because his stuff was so good. But he was being frustrated by guys laying off good sliders. Of course deGrom was able to solve it in one bullpen session grin

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!