Feet on the Seats -- The Blog

I saw a guy the other night taking up the entire 4 seater with his bags and his feet on the seats. I went to take a picture but then saw he had newspapers spread across the two opposite seats and his stocking feet on the newspapers. Does this count? LOL!

Here's a two-fer (taken by a friend who doesn't post on MOL):

Ah, the thought of sitting in a pile of dry, flaky heel skin peelings makes me glad I rarely ride NJT lately.

I guess avoiding the 4-ups is a good way to avoid feet-y seats.

marcsiry said:

Ah, the thought of sitting in a pile of dry, flaky heel skin peelings makes me glad I rarely ride NJT lately.

I guess avoiding the 4-ups is a good way to avoid feet-y seats.

Oh jeez! And I love the 4 seaters... now I'm going to have to change my seating... :-(

@marcsiry and @marylago: When it's the double decker trains, the offenders are almost always in the 4 seaters. Except for that guy who had his naked legs/feet up on the window -- I'll never forget that picture, it's a classic BWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

yes the 4 seaters are the worst seats on the train because of the feet that abuse them..

You know what I'd like to do if I was a commuter again: print out a few of these photos and tape them to the schedule boards on the platform with some well-placed, large font comments. grrr

It came from between the seats and poked my bottom.

WTF is that????? Another Anthony Weiner snapshot?

Spray it with bug spray!

Are those someone's toes?

We just had an incident with a student displaying his "male member" in a class photo so I'm understandably nervous . . .

@RobB what did you end up doing? this is a time to have a pin or tack handy no?

I sat forward to draw her in, then adjusted and sat square across all five of her toes.

no way!! nice oh oh you know maybe she was trying to play footsie with you haha

RobB said:

I sat forward to draw her in, then adjusted and sat square across all five of her toes.

Excellent!

I apologize for not getting a better photo - but the DVD in the plastic bag is "Bang Bros"

Ooh! I am glad I didn't open the bang bros website... Holy cow! confused

Here's today's installment (I wonder if she lets her grandchildren do this on her furniture?)

And here's the best one yet:

This entitled prince got in his seat and promptly plopped his foot on the seat:

Then he decided to make himself more comfortable:

Well, that wasn't quite comfortable enough, so......

Oh, oh, the conductor is coming -- gotta take my feet off the seat........

OK, the conductor is gone, back to comfort:

Just make sure you never sit yourself down in a 4-seater -- you don't know who's been there before you.

Last week on a later evening train, there were two older ladies with their feet on the seats opposite of them - and one of them was barefoot. I was disturbed enough as it was. Then my sister showed up, so I gave her my seat across the aisle and asked one of the ladies to please let me sit (it was SRO). After they first protested that I wouldn't have enough room, I sat in one seat. The lady across from me proceeded to put her bare foot back up on the seat right next to me, maybe one inch from my leg. I probably made all kinds of horrified passive-aggressive faces, but I guess it didn't matter. They also talked about buying tickets to Newark Broad instead of Millburn to "save money." Oy vey.

I see a man in the back of the front quiet car of the 6:08pm every night who has both stocking feet up on the seat, but he lays out newspapers all along the seat and puts his feet on them. Kinda weird....

I ride the train a few times a month. I stand even if seats are open. Conductors are always like "there are plenty of seats in the (back/front)" and my reply is always the same "i get train sick". I don't get sick but I'd rather just stand and avoid any seat grime.

Ahh, the Hoboken trains. Here's last night's edition(s):

First this guy who got off at South Orange, made himself comfortable as he loudly ordered take-out on his cell phone:

.....after he got off the train, another guy sat there and, lo and behold (not visible in the pictures is the sign "Feet Off Seats" right above their feet on seats):

Found this peeking through the seat at me yesterday...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.