Feet on the Seats -- The Blog

To be fair, it might be set to vibrate. I get off the train long before she wakes.

RobB said:

Heh, there's a woman on my 4:33 out of Hoboken who lays down across all three seats, sets an alarm, and goes to sleep.

Are you sure it's a woman, because that takes balls...
:O

Well, that why the phrase "lady balls" was coined.

bella said:

RobB said:

Heh, there's a woman on my 4:33 out of Hoboken who lays down across all three seats, sets an alarm, and goes to sleep.

Are you sure it's a woman, because that takes balls...
:O

mbaldwin said:

Well, that why the phrase "lady balls" was coined.

My crowd refers to that as "ovaries of steel."

OK, I'm sorry folks, but I'm going to infract, if that's a verb. Well, it should be. I'm going to put my feet up if no one else needs the seat, and I'll protect the seat from the dirt of my shoes. I know it's wrong, but I don't think it's so bad.

I do have sympathy for that, though, because that is probably a woman with two (or three) jobs.

Tom_Reingold said:

OK, I'm sorry folks, but I'm going to infract, if that's a verb. Well, it should be. I'm going to put my feet up if no one else needs the seat, and I'll protect the seat from the dirt of my shoes. I know it's wrong, but I don't think it's so bad.

I hope I get to take your picture, then! It's been slim pickin's on my trains lately. :-D

I only took the train regularly for three months a few years ago. Now I'll have even less reason to take it, now that I've left New Jersey. But if you see me, be sure to introduce yourself!

I know who you are, Tom! LOL! But as with all the other "offenders", I only take bottom half pictures, no faces, so everyone will have to recognize your feet.

OK, mbaldwin, what did you say that you thought better of??? grin)

Oh, I was overly snarky. Surprise!!

If it wasn't being snarky about me, please PM me -- when I re-read my post I had a naughty thought myself! LOL!

mumstheword said:

If it wasn't being snarky about me, please PM me -- when I re-read my post I had a naughty thought myself! LOL!

No, I was snarky at Tom....who never deserves snark. ;-)

Not snarky at all.

I just noticed that that picture of me is two years old, and I have much less hair on the top of my head now. However, I have the same amount of hair on my body overall, so I'm not really losing hair, it's just shifting.

Depends on your point of view.

Nah, I think it's pretty much TMI however you look at it. wink

My husband snapped this pic last week on an evening train from Hoboken.

At the Back to School night this week - one of the parents had her feet on the kid's table edge in front of her for almost the entire hour the teachers were talking. (Similar to the prior photographs in this thread).

At first I couldn't figure out why it was bothering me. Then it came to me that the kids would be using that same table to read, write, eat etc.

A lot of other parents noticed her, and we should have said something but didn't ....

I'm not sure you should have said something.

In a perfect world we should say something, but we all know what happens when we do, so we don't....

Here's this morning's contribution to "foot on the seat" -- it eventually wound up totally on the seat but I couldn't snap another photo because someone else sat in the aisle seat, blocking my camera's view. HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

The really puzzling thing (to me) is that putting your feet up on the train doesn't seem like it would be all that comfortable. Or am I missing out on something that's just *worth it*?

I dont ride the train much, but when i do i stand and try not to touch anything.

It wouldn't be comfortable for me, I know that (I had tried it a few years ago -- without my shoe on -- when I had an injured foot and the doctor said to keep it raised whenever I sat down, but then I had a premonition that someone would start a "feet on the seat" blog on MOL and I immediately put it back on the floor). :-D

I saw a woman on the 6:10pm the other night (staying on the train for the hinterlands) who had both feet straight out on the seat in front of her. She was short and I couldn't imagine how that was comfortable (unfortunately I couldn't get my phone/camera out fast enough to snap a shot).

Who cares if someone's feet are on the seats? Unless they have doody on their shoes what is the difference?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.