Feet on the Seats -- The Blog

Student_Council said:

I yi yi. Looks like he saw you take the shot?

Yeah it does... :-D And he doesn't look too happy about it...

marylago said:

Student_Council said:

Simple solution: Stop being such an ***** all the time and people will stop taking your picture on the subway.

"Why are you getting upset? If you want to sit here, you only have to ask me to move my bag, feet, python and rottweiler."

RobB said:

marylago said:

Student_Council said:

Simple solution: Stop being such an ***** all the time and people will stop taking your picture on the subway.

"Why are you getting upset? If you want to sit here, you only have to ask me to move my bag, feet, python and rottweiler."

I tried to be sneaky, but I don't think he saw me. Right after I snapped the pic, more people got on and he moved his feet. It was at 5:50am. The train wasn't crowded, but still rude.

NYC subway edition:

http://gothamist.com/2013/08/02/subway_etiquette_photo.php

^^ Yes, these are the people I love to get in their face and ask them with a huge smile for the handicapped seat.

Would have been more clear with the sun at my back, unfortunately I couldn't get past the Engineer's boots.

Really looking forward to putting my bare hand on that arm rest.

I have been remiss. I took these photos, but forgot to post them:

marylago -- what trains (times) do you take that there are so many available seats?

^ this!!!!!
I took an earlier than usual train out of the city today and it was like a party bus for the middle aged. I prefer my normally quiet (ish) train.

mumstheword said:

marylago -- what trains (times) do you take that there are so many available seats?

The train is 4:23pm from Trenton... don't ask...

I strategically cut off his head.

marylago said:

mumstheword said:

The train is 4:23pm from Trenton... don't ask...

LOL! And I won't tell..... grin)

I keep waiting for my husband's photo to appear on this thread...

Oh, holy cow, how have I been missing this thread??????!!!!!!!!!!! I just read the whole thing, with my mouth hanging wide open. Can't BELIEVE IT!

Forgive me if I've asked this already and received an answer. Is it OK to put something of your own on the seats and then put your feet on that thing?

Tom_Reingold said:

Forgive me if I've asked this already and received an answer. Is it OK to put something of your own on the seats and then put your feet on that thing?

In your own home, sure. On a train, no. It's just plain rude.

I would say it's better. I do not object to it unless it's a crowded train and the person is depriving someone of a seat. But, technically, it's "the law": no feet on seats.

Unless "the thing of yours" is an air cast and you have a doctors note, I say no.

No I say!

Tom_Reingold said:

No, a train seat ain't a Barcolounger. Sit up like an adult.

mbaldwin said:

Tom_Reingold said:

No, a train seat ain't a Barcolounger. Sit up like an adult.

+1
Sure, there are days I'd like to curl up on the seat and take a nap, but I'm not three years old, so I sit up and deal with it.

Heh, there's a woman on my 4:33 out of Hoboken who lays down across all three seats, sets an alarm, and goes to sleep.

Lies down, NOT lays down. If people are going to be seat Nazis, I will be a grammar Nazi. wink

Thanks for letting me know.

Sorry. Pet peeve. Carry on. oh oh

RobB said:

Heh, there's a woman on my 4:33 out of Hoboken who lays down across all three seats, sets an alarm, and goes to sleep.

An alarm??????? (is it the quiet car??? in that case TWO infractions!)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!