Amy Coney Barrett

I can’t help but think RBG took a gamble on Hillary winning in 2016. I’m not sure what year it was when Obama had lunch with her at the White House, but my gut feeling is he was trying to get her to retire while he was president. It was in his last term. Looking back now we can see how very in tune with the process Obama was. 

Jaytee said:

I can’t help but think RBG took a gamble on Hillary winning in 2016. I’m not sure what year it was when Obama had lunch with her at the White House, but my gut feeling is he was trying to get her to retire while he was president. It was in his last term. Looking back now we can see how very in tune with the process Obama was. 

If Biden wins, it will be interesting to see if he has a role for Obama.

Responding to Morganna:

Margaret Brennan stinks. I try to watch FTN but her interviewing technique is terrible.

Jaytee said:

so McConnell would have kept two SCOTUS seats open.

ml1 said:

Jaytee said:

so McConnell would have kept two SCOTUS seats open.

That's right.

Also, if the Democrats don't take the senate the Republicans will block every Biden initiative that will help us. Then in 2022 years they'll say "Look at what Biden did, nothing. Vote Republican and we'll get the country moving."

I wonder how many will be fooled again.

joanne said:

GL2, Murdoch is an Aussie-born US citizen. 

Thanks.

Hey ridski, what’s your sense of the quality of Murdoch’s UK papers?

GL2 said:

oh oh Ridski, how low do we go??

joanne said:

GL2 said:

oh oh
Ridski, how low do we go??

It's been a while, but when I left, The Times and Sunday Times had the kind of rep the NYT has. The Sun was a cross between the NYP and US Weekly, but with topless model pictures.

True story though, my dad used to read The Sun and taught me to read with it. 

Well, you turned out well, Lad. I continue to enjoy your wit.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.