Worst Wordle Ever

Out of curiosity, I tried BINGO as my first word very early today. I was actually surprised it was accepted. I got to the solution at my 4th attempt.

DaveSchmidt said:

sac said:

I think I'll try using it as my start word tomorrow - thx!

How’d you do with BINGO? (A very lucky guess got it for me at 4.)

It took me all six to get it.

I got it in three today, with no letters in the first word. Lucky. Yesterday, I got super-lucky. Started with yeast and then glove. Got it in two! That was not skill.

Oh, WordleBot, you vex me. My second guess today, let’s render it XXXXX, left only one word remaining. WordleBot’s second guess was XXYXX. WordleBot gave its second guess a skill score of 99. It gave mine, differing by only that third letter and equally effective at reducing the possibilities, an 84. I guess I’ll get over it.

Same here - after my second guess we both had one word remaining - wordle had a 99 and I had a 73.

It's funny in the comment - What other Times readers did:

"No one in our sample 665,377 completed Wordles faced this scenario!"

jamie said:

Same here - after my second guess we both had one word remaining - wordle had a 99 and I had a 73.

It's funny in the comment - What other Times readers did:

"No one in our sample 665,377 completed Wordles faced this scenario!"

Interesting as to how few people play hard mode. Right now, it's saying that only 82,839 are on hard mode as of now. 

I got it in four, but I should have gotten it in three. 

I would not look to the Wordle Bot for personal affirmation.  Trust me on this!

yeah - I lost this one!  ugh - last time I lost was 70 days ago.  I got 0 letters on the first and matched the last 4 on the second.  I had 5 possible words remaining.  Just guessed them in the wrong order.  :-(

I should have wasted my third guess to eliminate a view possibilities.

Wordle lost my statistics about 2 weeks ago. No idea what happened. I have a NYT acct, so not sure why they went poof.

(ETA: Got today's in 4 tries... but I'm not playing hard mode).

I got it in 3 today with 2 very lucky guesses, but you could spend all day trying for the right first letter on this one. Evil.

This broke a 78 day streak for me 

Always guess alphabetically.   blank stare

I got lucky with today's on the 4th guess. I was up to 115, but the Times stopped the streak yesterday so now I'm at 2. 

I got it in four today due to a lucky third guess. Nothing left but the solution. 131 day streak. I think the last time I missed is when I didn't play in solidarity with NYT writers. What ever happened with that?

Jeez, today's was a doozy.

ridski said:

Three for me. 

ridski said:

am I remembering wrong, or was today's word a solution just a few months ago?

The picture of luck.

ml1 said:

ridski said:

am I remembering wrong, or was today's word a solution just a few months ago?

Not according to this site: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/wordle-past-answers

How many Wordle answers have been …Wait don’t want to spoil it. 

Sometimes it seemingly takes forever for the last letter/s to pop out.

mrincredible said:

How many Wordle answers have been …Wait don’t want to spoil it. 

palindromes. 

I wanted to say palindromes. 

Just made it back to an equal number of 3s as 5s. So happy of myself!

How many Wordle answers have been … Wait, don’t want to spoil it.

DaveSchmidt said:

abbreviations.

I wanted to say abbreviations.

Thanks for that! I had the word, but didn't know what this hint would be.

DaveSchmidt said:

DaveSchmidt said:

abbreviations.

I wanted to say abbreviations.

Worse I originally had the wrong abbreviation.

Today's killed me. I had 3 letters in order on guess 2 and couldn't guess the right one.

I had a very lucky first guess that should have gotten me to it with Guess 2, but I needed Guess 3. The upside: This aided my 3 vs. 5 solution catchup campaign. (In weaker moments I console myself by adding my two- and three-guess totals together. Still behind, I think.)

Wasn’t a fan of METRO, but trying to imagine what ridski’s wrong abbreviation was has given me a few minutes of entertainment. (INTRO? MICRO? ULTRA? PANTO!)

Metro is not an abbreviation in the context of the underground mass transit systems of Paris, Washington DC, and Montreal. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.