What series should I watch next?

I just saw that Season 2 of Fauda is out on Netflix.

CNNs 1968

Also found a station called Decades. Laugh In, quite a few vintage shows but one show Through the Decades does historical coverage of each day of the month.

Luther, Wanted (on Netflix), and I really liked season 2 of The Fall much better than series one.     Justified is an all time great.   If you never saw the Shield it is amazing.   

My house has been binge-watching New Girl from the start. I caught some of season 1 and then happened to be in the room while the whole of season 2 played out in front of me and by the end I was genuinely hooked by the show's writing and perspectives. No idea if it goes downhill after this, but I'm willing to see.

Also I discovered both the original BBC series of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Blackadder is now on Amazon Prime over here. Watched Blackadder II last night and it's still as brilliant as it was when it first aired 32 years ago.

A world with HHGTTG in some format can’t be all bad... Apparently there’s a new version of the radio series but I haven’t heard it. (Still have my first series cassettes!)

Ridski, we’ve just binged the last three seasons of Red Dwarf X, because of serious desktop hard drive complications (that affects our regular viewing selections). Also enjoying some Last Leg highlights, but I suspect you need to appreciate Brit humour and politics for that. 

Agatha Christie’s Ordeal by Innocence is proving interesting. But then I do love Bill Nighy and Anna Chancellor. Eleanor Tomlinson, from Poldark, is also in it. 

For Brit stuff, Channel Four seems to be very lax in controlling what goes onto YouTube outside the UK. We went through about 9 seasons of 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, and all the episodes of The Last Leg are available, too. Not sure if I’ve mentioned Derry Girls yet, but it’s truly the funniest sitcom out of the UK in a long time.

ridski said:
My house has been binge-watching New Girl from the start. I caught some of season 1 and then happened to be in the room while the whole of season 2 played out in front of me and by the end I was genuinely hooked by the show's writing and perspectives. No idea if it goes downhill after this, but I'm willing to see.

After I read this I started to watch it too. 4 episodes into season 1 and it's pretty funny. I'll stick with it.

Gonna try Dietland on AMC tonight.... stars three women I really like, Julianna Margulies, Robin Weigert, and, yes, Tamara Tunie.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:
Gonna try Dietland on AMC tonight.... stars three women I really like, Julianna Margulies, Robin Weigert, and, yes, Tamara Tunie.

So, I watched the 2-hour premiere of Dietland and I liked some of it and didn't like other bits. Not sure I'll watch it again. Anyone else watch it?

Has anyone watched Killing Eve? It's not totally my kind of thing, but I really like Sandra Oh and the psychopath/assassin is fascinating.

Well, I've given up on New Girl after 6 or so episodes, but I've been watching The Middle, Season 1. I'd never heard of this show before. It's pretty good.

And I decided to give The Good Place, Season 2 a second chance. So far so good.

Another show I recently binged on was The Last Man on Earth, which I found very entertaining.

drummerboy said:
Well, I've given up on New Girl after 6 or so episodes, but I've been watching The Middle, Season 1. I'd never heard of this show before. It's pretty good.
And I decided to give The Good Place, Season 2 a second chance. So far so good.
Another show I recently binged on was The Last Man on Earth, which I found very entertaining.

Funny, because I didn’t really get into New Girl until about two-thirds through the first season, so maybe you just have to skip a bunch of episodes. 

Or don’t. It’s just a show.

And don’t ask me, Babylon 5 just came to Prime and now I’m watching it from episode 1 (not the pilot, though). Sets are cheap, effects are terrible, the sub-plot going on in the background is weirdly prescient of what is happening right now in the US, though.

Mostly because, as it so often says out loud, none of us learn from our mistakes.

Really loving a new Sundance BBC series called The Split. The lead actress is Nicola Walker (Spooks, Unforgotten, Last Tango in Halifax). It is amazing. Someone has suggested it reminds them of The Good Wife, I guess because it is about the law. But it is really a lot about family too. It is complex and well written and all the actors are extremely good. You can catch the first two episodes for free. I don't have Sundance so I paid for 3rd episode on You Tube. I don't think they've released the 4th episode in the states yet. 

Intelligence on Netflix. It’s an older (2007) series, only 2 seasons and based in Canada. A detective series with a strong female lead. It’s polite as as Canadians go. It starts a bit slow but I like it. I wish it could’ve gone on for a couple more seasons. 

I give it a strong 6 for a “way to fill up my time in between shows”. 

Started watching Sensitive Skin (with Kim Catrall of SATC fame). Man, it's depressing.

Another thumbs up for The Split, starring Nicola Walker (River).

I'm watching The Crown, and loving it.

Saw an ad for The Affair. It's on Showtime and I think it's next Sunday. That's a good series and I was beginning to think it wasn't coming back.

Marcella, season 2. Intense.

Is The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel back for a new season?

rhw said:
Is The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel back for a new season?

Not yet. In the Fall I think.

I'm going to keep flogging Hostages until someone else watches it and reports back.  I thought it was one of the best shows that I've seen this year.  That and Peaky Blinders.

Anne with Ann E new season starts in July. I thought it was incredible. 

jeffl said:
I'm going to keep flogging Hostages until someone else watches it and reports back.  I thought it was one of the best shows that I've seen this year.  That and Peaky Blinders.

Taking you up on Hostages. Will report shortly. 

ElizMcCord said:

jeffl said:

Like it a lot, I'm watching the foreign version one with subtitles.  I remember a few years back Dylan McDermott starring in a similar show and it tanked before the first season was over.

I've been binging The Middle. I'm in season 5. I've cried 3 times in the last ten episodes.

Really good series.

ElizMcCord said:

ElizMcCord said:

jeffl said:
Like it a lot, I'm watching the foreign version one with subtitles.  I remember a few years back Dylan McDermott starring in a similar show and it tanked before the first season was over.

Enjoy!    

Season 2 of Goliath is streaming on Prime. Billy Bob is certifiable. Also excellent in this show. 

Nicola Walker is in a series on Netflix called Collateral, about the shooting g of a pizza delivery man. Anybody watching? I was not knocked out by the first ep but was not really paying close attention. 

ElizMcCord said:
Season 2 of Goliath is streaming on Prime. Billy Bob is certifiable. Also excellent in this show. 

It took me a while to get into the character, but after a few episodes we got hooked and really enjoyed season 1. Looking forward to season 2.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!