The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

ajc said:

What is being said in the Rose Garden? What's happening in Washington?

Let's get this thread back on topic: The POTUS is about to speak in the Rose Garden to address the Anti-Abortion Event Via Satellite...

He's close enough to do it with two cans and some string.  Or to do it in person, instead of "via satellite".

ajc said:

Let's get this thread back on topic: The POTUS is about to speak in the Rose Garden to address the Anti-Abortion Event Via Satellite...

I wonder how pro-life he would be if he had gotten Stormy pregnant? 

ridski said:

ajc said:

...what makes anyone think they actually had sex? Probably just more FAKE NEWS! ;-)

Because Miss Stormy has already reported on how ordinary it was.

The latest news says they screwed around for the better part of a year.

ajc said:

ridski said:

ajc said:

...what makes anyone think they actually had sex? Probably just more FAKE NEWS! ;-)

drummerboy said:

Because Miss Stormy has already reported on how ordinary it was.

The latest news says they screwed around for the better part of a year.

ajc said:

ridski said:

ajc said:

Listen, if Clinton didn't inhale, and the word in the tabloids, and on the street from Ron Jeremy, is that Stormy is all show and no go, then who's to say if they actually had sex. Just say'n, who can you believe today...

What's Being Said In The Rose Garden?

“Right now in a number of states the law allows a baby to be born from his or her mother’s womb in the ninth month,” Trump said. “It is wrong,” Trump continued. “It has to change.”

He's against states' rights AND babies even BEING BORN now.

Didn't trump, aka Mr pro birth want Marla Maples to have an abortion?  Am I imagining that?

ajc said:

Listen, if Clinton didn't inhale, and the word in the tabloids, and on the street from Ron Jeremy, is that Stormy is all show and no go, then who's to say if they actually had sex. Just say'n, who can you believe today...

because guys always pay $130K to buy the silence of a woman they didn't have sex with

Love that Ron Jeremy is the primary source in denying this story.

dave23 said:

Right, Ron's been around the block a few times; and should know a thing or two, because he's seen a thing or two...  question 

You made me Google Ron Jeremy. Not happy I did.

ajc said:

dave23 said:

Right, Ron's been around the block a few times; and should know a thing or two, because he's seen a thing or two...  question 

Your emoji is having a seizure. 

ml1 said:

because guys always pay $130K to buy the silence of a woman they didn't have sex with

This.

“President Trump has never pretended to be a Bible-banging evangelical,” said Penny Young Nance, president of Concerned Women for America, a Christian conservative organization. “He is who he is. His policies speak for themselves.”NYT: Trump Adresses Anti Abortion Convention

Right.  It wasn't the Bible that he was banging, it was Stormy Daniels.

Dems gotta address governance and midterms with policy, not by impugning the ****-in-chief.  His supporters obviously knew who he was and didn't care.

He makes it so easy to focus on his awfulness, but that's not going to help much, if any.

mjc said:

Dems gotta address governance an midterms with policy, not by impugning the ****-in-chief.  His supporters obviously knew who he was and didn't care.

He makes it so easy to focus on his awfulness, but that's not going to help much, if any.

Do you really think that if we ignore just the Emperor's nudity, mtierney is going to vote for a Democrat?

Dems have no hope of redeeming the 36% of Americans who remain irredeemably deplorable.  Any government moving forward will, of necessity, not include those individuals. In this election, and increasingly moving forward Democrat victories will depend on turning out the base and those voters most effected by the GOP's racist death spiral. 

mtierney said:

from an alleged conservative Times’ columnist, there is this...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/opinion/clueless-versus-trump.html?ref=todayspaper

From your article: "But he is also president, and normal Americans — that is, those who hold the outcome of the next election in their hands — do not want him to fail."

You know what I want?  I want the power to launch our nuclear arsenal in the hands of someone who is not insane.  If those hands belong to Mike Pence, so be it.  The fact that choice between life and death for my children and millions of other children will be made on a daily basis by a deranged, unstable narcissistic bigot is UNACCEPTABLE.

mjc said:

Dems gotta address governance an midterms with policy, not by impugning the ****-in-chief.  His supporters obviously knew who he was and didn't care.

I have seen interviews on TV with people who voted for Trump who apparently had little or no idea of who he was. They express surprise at some of the things he has done or said that are absolutely no different from what he said or did during the Campaign or even before, and were obvious to anyone paying attention.

I think we need to chat among ourselves for a bit, and mtierney have a break for bit. Big things going on behind the scenes. 

fear not, Joanne, I have been compartmentalizating for quite some months now, and appreciate the distraction. Thanks rolleyes 

joanne said:

I think we need to chat among ourselves for a bit, and mtierney have a break for bit. Big things going on behind the scenes. 

I hear you.  Thanks for the heads up.

mtierney said:

fear not, Joanne, I have been compartmentalizating for quite some months now, and appreciate the distraction. Thanks rolleyes 

I think all his “supporters” have been compartmentalizing for about 20 years, that’s the problem. You need to stop compartmentalizing and actually face the reality of what it is you put in the White House.

What is the preferred title in a case like this?  The First Mistress?

Actually, RIDSKI, compartmentalizing is a very good thing — how else can we cope with “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” which come our way?

ridski said:

mtierney said:

I think all his “supporters” have been compartmentalizing for about 20 years, that’s the problem. You need to stop compartmentalizing and actually face the reality of what it is you put in the White House.

Compartmentalizing can be good.  Except when you can put Trump's horrific racism and misogyny into a compartment and ignore it.

mtierney said:

Actually, RIDSKI, compartmentalizing is a very good thing — how else can we cope with “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” which come our way?
ridski said:

mtierney said:

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/opinion/clueless-versus-trump.html?ref=todayspaper

From your article: "But he is also president, and normal Americans — that is, those who hold the outcome of the next election in their hands — do not want him to fail."

You know what I want?  I want the power to launch our nuclear arsenal in the hands of someone who is not insane.  If those hands belong to Mike Pence, so be it.  The fact that choice between life and death for my children and millions of other children will be made on a daily basis by a deranged, unstable narcissistic bigot is UNACCEPTABLE.

So you don't want him to fail either, right?

lord_pabulum said:

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

So you don't want him to fail either, right?

He will fail regardless of what I want. He already has.  

why in god's name would anyone want him to succeed? Is there anything he wants to do that's good?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.