Two-thirds of wildlife may be gone by 2020

Humans are a virus to the Earth.

More like a cancer!

Animals harm humans only when they are attacked or when they are hungry. But humans are killing animals without any reason. Humans are the biggest reason for the destruction of our environment.

This hideous extinguishing has been in motion for several years. I became aware two years ago when I saw author Elizabeth Kolbert talk about her book The Sixth Extinction on The Daily Show.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/zj9x9i/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-elizabeth-kolbert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sixth_Extinction:_An_Unnatural_History

Sorry to say I've only skimmed the book, but it seems the most accessible and comprehensive survey of what's happening . Betsy's a fabulous writer, older sister of a HS friend (didn't know her).

We've sure made a hash of the only planet we've got. If anyone has a sense of what one person can do other than trying to minimize our damage to the environment I'm all ears.

Little dk is mighty pissed at what we're leaving her generation. She wants to save wildlife as a career . Hopefully there will something left to save!

Almost forgot to deliver my obligatory political lecture. I have no great faith in Hillary's commitment to the environment after her slimy (but not illegal!) attempt to remove the barriers to approval of Keystone XL.

But if Trump accomplishes even part of his environmental agenda (eliminating all environmental regulation), one of his few Koch Bros/TP goals incorporated unchanged, the damage to our planet and health will be incalculable. Never mind his dismissing climate change as a Chinese plot, he expressed anger at the needless banning of CFCs because his hair spray now sucks. If he's serious it displays the same profound ignorance that's been the hallmark of his campaign. Closing the ozone hole is the last time the world adressed our potential extinction, with remarkable success . If he really doesn't know this our doom is sealed .

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!