The worst thing about the "new look" MOL ... (2006)

... is that it is even more addictive than before. It is so easy to see which threads have unread posts that you HAVE to read right now.

D--- you, Dave & Jamie.

(well really, thanks ... I'm liking this more & more.)

the worst thing is, i'm reading threads from rooms i never used to go in.
(thanks for helping me to get hooked up, CLK!)

Hehehe! I agree! I think despite a few small problems (like the archives, which Dave and Jamie are working on) the newest boards are great!

i'm starting to get used to it and i find it to be very clean. i like that.

Loggng in.

Yesterday when I activated my password things worked out well.

Today, I could not find a way to log in.

After 10 minutes or so, I walked next door and asked the Toy Store guy at Wooden You Know, and he showed me how.

I would have never found the special spot.

Later,
George

I HATE CHANGE! (Well, not really, I'm just very busy these days and haven't got alot of time to come up to speed.)

I am change. Embrace change.

OK, NEWEST MOST HATED FEATURE OF THEM ALL!!!!
You can get logged out and when you hit post you LOSE EVERYTHING YOU TYPED. Because the old MOL you had to log in before you posted everytime, this was never an issue.

So I typed a message. Was called away. Came back and finished up the post. Hit ADD YOUR COMMENTS button and I got an error message telling me I'm NOT logged in. Instead of asking me for my name and password, I just LOST MY POST. If you hit the back button in your browser. NOTHING. POST LOST. If that happens to me a few times. I WILL KILL SOMEONE!!!! :devil:

I don't like why the
 HTML tag doesn't work.
wait now it works?

Ahhhh now I see. It just doesn't like displaying HTML tags, which was the REASON WHY the pre tag was created. So you could display HTML in and HTML page. That's just dumb if you ask me. For instance if were to paste this into MOL

when I hit post it should ACTUALLY look like this:

in that mono-spaced font. BUT IT DOESN'T BECAUSE IT'S BROKEN. Oh and it shoudn't have all that white space above and below the img src tag I don't believe.

When did the new MOL come back up? You folks have known about it for longer than I have. Probably a whole day or so. I was checking with the secret, undocumented, un-approved address, so it's my fault, but I want that lost day of MOL back! :cry:

It only arrived today Tom.

AlleyGater:

Not perfect but if you are afraid of losing a valuable post, you can save it to clipboard (that only takes a moment) and paste it in a new dialog box if you lose the original text before you click on the add comments button.

If it happens to you, I'll be only too happy to remind you that you could have copied your post to the clipboard. Now that you know it's a problem with the new bboard software, you won't have any excuse when you lose it however. But again, I'll be happy to remind you that you could have done so.

I see posts where people refer to resetting their password, etc. yesterday, but I know that I've checked back earlier today and found nothing but the message from 9/12 ... is it because I always go to the left.html page? (that's my default home page in my browser)

George:

what "special spot" are you referring to?

oots

This format has me confused, still. Also, signing on doesn't seem to work all the time. Maybe it's me.

irl...I have the same problem. I have to reset my password every time I sign on in order to post. I hope this piece clears up with time.

Today, while I was on Internet Explorer (yes, I know) I couldn't sign in. I typed my user name and new, improved password, but it showed that I was not logged in.

Switched to Mozilla, and things seem to be working OK.

Doesn't matter what browser I use I still have password problems. When I sign in it doesn't show that I am signed in until I go through the whole password reset thing.
I like the overall look and new features, but can't find the "bold" button, I'm sure it's around somewhere.
Wish we knew where George's "special spot" is for logging in.

I wish the new system allowed us to put our nicknames prominently in our posts as the old system did. Now it only displays our usernames.

What happens if you don't log out between sessions?

you get automagically logged out.

Does anyone know what the log out time is?

Hmm... and if you select the "remember me" option? I realize the security issue, especially on a public computer (such as at the library) would that eliminate the need to enter your password each time you log in?

The remember me option is good if no one else is likely to use your login on the computer you're using.

Joan,
I selected the "remember me" option each time, but it always forgets me.:cry:

tom, if you go into your account just change the user name to your screenname and then that's your sign-in with the same password.

Yeah, but wait a minute. Then what remains constant? I could change my name, curse someone out, then change it back. Who would know? OK, maybe the moderators, but that's not enough.

I can only sign in when I hit enter and no way will the thing remember me...

I liked the old one better :-(

I can't read it! Very faint on my screen. If I adjust it then everything else looks way too dark.

I logged in last night for the first time, re-entered my password, hit remember me, and haven't had to log in since..

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.