The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

Some days it’s just a relief to get to genius. Just did that and I have absolutely no interest in finding even one more word. 

zucca said:

Some days it’s just a relief to get to genius. Just did that and I have absolutely no interest in finding even one more word. 

same here. I'm at Genius and there are still 16 more words to find. 

I also got Captcha, just playing around.  Would have thought it was a brand name/proper noun, usually disqualified??

There is very common musical term that is NOT in today's puzzle. Very strange that it isn't. 

Got to Queen today. It's a good one to try to go the distance on!

I'm close! Five words to go. First time even that close in a while.

I am ONE word away from QB today - first time I've been that close - I'll probably waste the rest of the day trying to find that word!

eta: never did make it - the word was "wedgie"

I'm two words away and have a feeling that's where I'll end up today.

zucca said:

Got to Queen today. It's a good one to try to go the distance on!

Me too! First time in a while. Oddly got Genius before the Pangram, which seemed obvious once I saw it.

jimmurphy said:

Oddly got Genius before the Pangram, which seemed obvious once I saw it.

That's happened to me a few times lately.

missed yesterday by one - "teethed"

missed yesterday by two..."wetted" and "width"... both of which I should have gotten.

Eight away yesterday. Only three today, but I just can't see them... 

KarenMarlowe said:

And there is where I ended: bonbon, bootee and botnet. All words I have seen in the puzzle. Sigh.

KarenMarlowe said:

KarenMarlowe said:

And there is where I ended: bonbon, bootee and botnet. All words I have seen in the puzzle. Sigh.

I ended up missing these two:  "botnet" and "betel"

jimmurphy said:

Just got QB! 

congrats  question I missed QB yesterday by one, "doomy"

Congrats jimmurphy!

And ditto alha, but "comfy" (and really, i wrote in "doomy" but was rolling my eyes - this is a real word??)

One 4-letter word away today. Cannot find…

ETA: found it! Pathetically common word. 

One 4 and two 6's, and no progress in a while.

Three short today, and that’s where I will land. 

QB on Saturday but not today....

I was a few words short, and there was one word I would never have got because it was unfamiliar to me. On the bright side that word is also in today's puzzle grin

ml1 said:

I was a few words short, and there was one word I would never have got because it was unfamiliar to me. On the bright side that word is also in today's puzzle
grin

I know which word it was. I missed a few too, including "gimme."

On a roll lately. One 6-letter word from QB today, although I’m not optimistic. 

And the word was “canine”. 

I’ll be gnashing my teeth over that one for a while. 

We have two dogs… ;-)

Got QB today. One word I object to being included, and one word I think should have been included.

KarenMarlowe said:

Got QB today. One word I object to being included, and one word I think should have been included.

Congratulations!

It'll be interesting to hear about both tomorrow.

KarenMarlowe said:

Just got there too. I sort of feel the same way, about an included word and an excluded one, but I might also have objected if the included word weren’t there, so….

zucca said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Just got there too. I sort of feel the same way, about an included word and an excluded one, but I might also have objected if the included word weren’t there, so….

Ha! Well, I've heard of a journalist referred to as a "journo" but it is definitely slangy. "Aroar" should be there, IMO.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!