The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

QB-1 today. Just not seeing it…

ml1 said:

I'm pretty good at SB. I get to Genius nearly every day. But I have to admit to myself that getting a QB without the hints is going to be EXTREMELY rare for me. If I really want to get QB I could use the hints. When I did I'd get it a couple of times a week. But the folks here convinced me it's not enough of a challenge
grin

I guess on my own until I run out of gas and then use the hints. There is no shame in using the hints, IMHO. My goal is "Genius" each day and I'm probably 90-95% successful. QB is a different story, I probably average a 3-4 times per month.

jimmurphy said:

QB-1 today. Just not seeing it…

found another 2 words to make it to QB -1 today....but like you, I'm just not seeing that last word.

alha said:

found another 2 words to make it to QB -1 today....but like you, I'm just not seeing that last word.

Embarrassed to report that the word was “dimmed.”

jimmurphy said:

Embarrassed to report that the word was “dimmed.”

I feel your pain...mine was "mewled"

One away today, too.

I need a closer.

jimmurphy said:

One away today, too.

I need a closer.

I've been so busy lately. Can't wait to get back to QB!

Yeah, burgoo.

Wasn’t getting that one.

jimmurphy said:

Yeah, burgoo.

Wasn’t getting that one.

Seriously.  I've never seen that word before.

Somehow burgoo popped out; but how did i get though, through, thorough and throughout, and miss thought??  or maybe there's a message there?

mjc said:

Somehow burgoo popped out; but how did i get though, through, thorough and throughout, and miss thought??  or maybe there's a message there?

I got those words but missed "throughout"

But I wasn't going to get burgoo in ten million years

yahooyahoo said:

me neither....missed it yesterday along with "bourg" and "outthought"

alha said:

yahooyahoo said:

me neither....missed it yesterday along with "bourg" and "outthought"

yeah. I wasn't getting those either. 

I don't think i've ever seen bourg or burgh in English, but there they were.

ml1 said:

mjc said:

I got those words but missed "throughout"

But I wasn't going to get burgoo in ten million years

Same. I missed thought, and definitely missed burgoo and bourg. It's so odd the words included and the ones excluded...

Only miss yesterday was the alternate spelling of yenta, which would be yente, with an '"e."

Grrr...

jimmurphy said:

Only miss yesterday was the alternate spelling of yenta, which would be yente, with an '"e."

Grrr...

two misses yesterday..."yente" and "peaty"

alha said:

jimmurphy said:

Grrr...

two misses yesterday..."yente" and "peaty"

I got QB but "yente" was a guess.  I don't like it when they have alternate spellings of the same word.

I've been a real slacker. No QB for quite a while...

QB today...first of the year for me  question

alha said:

QB today...first of the year for me 
question

Way to go!

Three QBs so far this week, including today.  This is not normal.  I went through a pretty bad dry spell, so I'll take it.

It's been a very long time for me. I'm -2 today, and not feeling particularly hopeful.

I’m -1 4-letter word. ****!

yahooyahoo said:

Three QBs so far this week, including today.  This is not normal.  I went throught a pretty bad dry spell, so I'll take it.

wow, three this week...that's really impressive.  cheese

jimmurphy said:

...and I have a feeling it's the word that got me to QB today, a word I totally guessed at.

I am now one word away.  Six letters. Damn.

jimmurphy said:

I have an idea what word it is.

alha said:

QB today...first of the year for me 
question

WTG! I totally forgot to even do it until about a half hour ago. I am at genius, but likely won't get to QB.

Even looking at the hints I'm not going to get the last word today. I'm on a very long streak of doing well but falling a couple of words short. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!