The 1/6 Committee Hearings

terp said:

drummerboy said:

Smedley said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

jimmurphy said:

terp said:

Here's the thing.  The Secret Service is saying that it didn't happen.  The reason they're saying this is because it didn't happen. It doesn't even pass the smell test for the love of Christ.  But sure, I'm the problem.  The rubes who will believe any obvious nonsense that fits into ok their preconceived infantile understanding of the world who actually vote are just fine



I await the statement from the Secret Service.

If it makes you feel better, even after the Secret Service says it never happened I'm sure the fact checkers will still say the story is "mostly true".  

As a coincidence, I'm listening to a podcast by the great Martyrmade about Jeffrey Epstein.  Vanity Fair wouldn't run a story on Epstein years ago because the reporter couldn't get 3 people to corroborate some of the facts.  But here we have congressional testimony from a witness providing a 2nd hand account.  It's all above board I'm sure.

She did it under oath. She'll be subject to perjury if it's shown she lied. Unlikely she made it up.

But all of a sudden you'll believe the Secret Service?

Now that's funny.

It is peculiar that terp believes the institution but not the individual. Isn't that contrary to libertarianism? 

terp has fallen into the anti-anti-Trump brigade. Not exactly a supporter, but given to giving that POS the benefit of many doubts.

Burden of proof.  A standard the ant-Trump crowd has fallen far short of time and time again.

I am for the truth.  The truth shall set you free.  Fits in fine with Liberty.   

To me, these hearings seem to be about 2 things.  Motivating the democratic base by bludgeoning the opposition and making us fearful of our fellow citizens.  They will try to turn the war on terror inwards.

Does that mean that you think that what happened on January 6th was no big deal?


terp said:

Smedley said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

jimmurphy said:

terp said:

Here's the thing.  The Secret Service is saying that it didn't happen.  The reason they're saying this is because it didn't happen. It doesn't even pass the smell test for the love of Christ.  But sure, I'm the problem.  The rubes who will believe any obvious nonsense that fits into ok their preconceived infantile understanding of the world who actually vote are just fine



I await the statement from the Secret Service.

If it makes you feel better, even after the Secret Service says it never happened I'm sure the fact checkers will still say the story is "mostly true".  

As a coincidence, I'm listening to a podcast by the great Martyrmade about Jeffrey Epstein.  Vanity Fair wouldn't run a story on Epstein years ago because the reporter couldn't get 3 people to corroborate some of the facts.  But here we have congressional testimony from a witness providing a 2nd hand account.  It's all above board I'm sure.

She did it under oath. She'll be subject to perjury if it's shown she lied. Unlikely she made it up.

But all of a sudden you'll believe the Secret Service?

Now that's funny.

It is peculiar that terp believes the institution but not the individual. Isn't that contrary to libertarianism? 

I believe the people that were there.  And why, only now, ask the people that were there?

Ceteris paribus, I believe people who were there over a person who wasn't there. But in this case the credibility of the people who were there is questionable. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-agents-denying-trump-freakout-053030345.html


terp said:

drummerboy said:

Smedley said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

jimmurphy said:

terp said:

Here's the thing.  The Secret Service is saying that it didn't happen.  The reason they're saying this is because it didn't happen. It doesn't even pass the smell test for the love of Christ.  But sure, I'm the problem.  The rubes who will believe any obvious nonsense that fits into ok their preconceived infantile understanding of the world who actually vote are just fine



I await the statement from the Secret Service.

If it makes you feel better, even after the Secret Service says it never happened I'm sure the fact checkers will still say the story is "mostly true".  

As a coincidence, I'm listening to a podcast by the great Martyrmade about Jeffrey Epstein.  Vanity Fair wouldn't run a story on Epstein years ago because the reporter couldn't get 3 people to corroborate some of the facts.  But here we have congressional testimony from a witness providing a 2nd hand account.  It's all above board I'm sure.

She did it under oath. She'll be subject to perjury if it's shown she lied. Unlikely she made it up.

But all of a sudden you'll believe the Secret Service?

Now that's funny.

It is peculiar that terp believes the institution but not the individual. Isn't that contrary to libertarianism? 

terp has fallen into the anti-anti-Trump brigade. Not exactly a supporter, but given to giving that POS the benefit of many doubts.

Burden of proof.  A standard the ant-Trump crowd has fallen far short of time and time again.

I am for the truth.  The truth shall set you free.  Fits in fine with Liberty.   

To me, these hearings seem to be about 2 things.  Motivating the democratic base by bludgeoning the opposition and making us fearful of our fellow citizens.  They will try to turn the war on terror inwards.

have you watched the hearings? it doesn't seem like it.


more on Ornato


Trump himself has told interviewers he wanted to go to the Capitol on 1/6 but the Secret Service wouldn’t let him. The whole steering wheel thing is a distraction. The rest of the story is almost certainly 100% true. 


Is America great yet?


ml1 said:

Trump himself has told interviewers he wanted to go to the Capitol on 1/6 but the Secret Service wouldn’t let him. The whole steering wheel thing is a distraction. The rest of the story is almost certainly 100% true. 

It's probably going to come down to a dispute over the word "lunged." A transparent attempt to misdirect attention away from the criminal forest for the semantically bent tree.


PVW said:

ml1 said:

Trump himself has told interviewers he wanted to go to the Capitol on 1/6 but the Secret Service wouldn’t let him. The whole steering wheel thing is a distraction. The rest of the story is almost certainly 100% true. 

It's probably going to come down to a dispute over the word "lunged." A transparent attempt to misdirect attention away from the criminal forest for the semantically bent tree.

As these two gentlemen have already pointed out - by the time Trump was in the SUV demanding to be driven to the Capitol, he had already acted in a demented manner in an attempt to disrupt the orderly process to complete the election.  


who was the bozo who miked the Cipollone testimony?


drummerboy said:

who was the bozo who miked the Cipollone testimony?


lol

I'm impressed you were able to dig that gif up.

On another subject, someone please tell Rep. Raskin to do something about his hair.


Glad to hear it was a tech problem with the audio.  I was seriously getting worried about my hearing.  Not just Cipollone, but other recorded statements too.

With regard to Raskin's hair, meh.  Sam Ervin was not much of a looker, and he got the job done.

And more substantively, a pretty chilling day.  I just wish more people who need to hear it would heard it.


drummerboy said:

lol

I'm impressed you were able to dig that gif up.

On another subject, someone please tell Rep. Raskin to do something about his hair.

everything is on the internet


The Republican Party is the American Taliban…


So what do people think about this Secret Service snafu?

To say that it looks suspicious is a pretty big understatement. They really need to be deeply investigated, but if the Dems don't keep the House or the Senate it will never happen.

Or maybe the J6 committee can squeeze it in in the time they have left.

Or maybe the DOJ can pick it up.

It would be criminal of no one was punished for this.


oy.

another criticism I have of Biden is that he has done a poor job of cleaning house of Trump appointees.

inexcusable.

https://www.eschatonblog.com/2022/07/in-old-times.html

============================================================

The Trump appointed DHS IG will be investigating the Trump appointed Secret Service IG so I'm sure all is well.

The Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General has launched a criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the destruction of Secret Service text messages that may have been relevant to inquiries about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, two sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.

The results of the investigation could be referred to federal prosecutors, the sources said, depending on the results.



it's really too bad that Liz Cheney is such a typical Republican. She's pretty impressive otherwise.


This is so great. By itself this little vidclip makes the hearings worthwhile.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/22/josh-hawley-running-video-capitol/


Won’t it be fun if the Jan 6 committee subpoena’s Ginni Thomas…

September is looking good already, then comes the October!


drummerboy said:

it's really too bad that Liz Cheney is such a typical Republican. She's pretty impressive otherwise.

I'm a big Liz Cheney fan.


Morganna said:

I'm a big Liz Cheney fan.

where was she for the first four years of the Trump presidency? She was fine with him as long as all he was doing was promoting white supremacy, appointing far right justices, and mishandling the pandemic. 


ml1 said:

where was she for the first four years of the Trump presidency? She was fine with him as long as all he was doing was promoting white supremacy, appointing far right justices, and mishandling the pandemic. 

Thought we were talking about her actions at the hearings. 

As an animal rights activist If I didn't compartmentalize, I wouldn't bother voting for almost any Democrat, other than Cory Booker and might throw my vote to the Green Party.  I settle for politicians all the time. Doesn't mean I would have a beer with them. When Tim Ryan running in the Dem Primary bragged on Morning Joe that he takes his son hunting and AOC introducing the Green New Deal reassures us all she eats ice cream I'd like to drag her to a dairy farm and ask her to watch as the male caIves are separated from their mothers to be sold and killed for veal,  I struggle to remind myself that Dems are better than the other guys which is not saying much at times.

So yes, I think she is serving a good purpose at the hearings.  But if you think I am not aware of her flaws, feel free to enumerate them. She is after all from Wyoming and here are a few things that bring in revenue,

Livestock

Beef cattle are, by far, the most important source of revenue in the state and in the livestock sector.

Hogs, sheep and lambs, and to a lesser extent, dairy products (milk) and honey are also major livestock commodities of Wyoming. Among the states, Wyoming is a leading producer of sheep and wool.

Wyoming also produces chicken eggs.

So nothing on my menu.


Morganna said:

ml1 said:

where was she for the first four years of the Trump presidency? She was fine with him as long as all he was doing was promoting white supremacy, appointing far right justices, and mishandling the pandemic. 

Thought we were talking about her actions at the hearings. 

As an animal rights activist If I didn't compartmentalize, I wouldn't bother voting for almost any Democrat, other than Cory Booker and might throw my vote to the Green Party.  I settle for politicians all the time. Doesn't mean I would have a beer with them. When Tim Ryan running in the Dem Primary bragged on Morning Joe that he takes his son hunting and AOC introducing the Green New Deal reassures us all she eats ice cream I'd like to drag her to a dairy farm and ask her to watch as the male caIves are separated from their mothers to be sold and killed for veal,  I struggle to remind myself that Dems are better than the other guys which is not saying much at times.

So yes, I think she is serving a good purpose at the hearings.  But if you think I am not aware of her flaws, feel free to enumerate them. She is after all from Wyoming and here are a few things that bring in revenue,

Livestock

Beef cattle are, by far, the most important source of revenue in the state and in the livestock sector.

Hogs, sheep and lambs, and to a lesser extent, dairy products (milk) and honey are also major livestock commodities of Wyoming. Among the states, Wyoming is a leading producer of sheep and wool.

Wyoming also produces chicken eggs.

So nothing on my menu.

you said you are a "fan." I can compartmentalize too. But I wouldn't say I'm a fan of someone if they are generally abhorrent but they do one thing I like. 

If you mean you're a fan of her on the Jan 6 committee and not a fan overall, I get it, and I apologize for misinterpreting. 


In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.