GOP Gaslighting: January 6 Rioters Were Merely "Ordinary Citizens Engaged In Legitimate Political Discourse"


nohero said:

 Couple of drunk rednecks. Big deal.


They seem nice. 


Where are all the people who were so up in arms over storefronts being smashed over the summer?


basil said:

 Couple of drunk rednecks. Big deal.

 Police seems somewhat passive behind their barricades. Why don't they club them like they do to BLM protestors?


Turn to CNBC if you want to see the crowds rushing the Capitol building. 

The Capitol is on lockdown. This is horrible. 


Vice President Pence has been removed to a secure location. 


This is what did it: 


Well Trump is right about Pence being a coward. If he had any guts he would invoke the 25th Amendment.

Trump is a mad man.


This was Trump. It's what he wanted. 

cramer

Jan 3, 2021 at 2:40pm

Jan. 6 is going to be a s---tstorm. Four Trump rallies in DC, including the Proud Boys, and the circus in Congress. Trump is encouraging a blood bath.


Now what happens when congress resumes?  Will the Republicans who were going to object still do so?  

Ted Cruz?


cramer said:

Now what happens when congress resumes?  Will the Republicans who were going to object still do so?  

Ted Cruz?

At the time of the interruption they had only counted 12 votes for Trump and 0 for Biden. So maybe they will use this as an excuse and run out the clock and Trump wins? Wouldn't hold it past our conservative, law-abiding fellow citizens.


The Trump Thugs won't prevent the inauguration of President Biden at noon on January 20.

Every Republican who prolongs their pageant of "objections" will make themselves more and more responsible for the violence.

If they really were patriotic, they'd agree to a summary removal of Trump via a quick impeachment and conviction (no objections, unanimous consent) - including barring Trump from holding any office in the future.


I ate a few brandy chocolate covered cherries-- and I'm a total lightweight. I think being a bit tipsy at the end of today's (virtual) workday might be excused.


Trump and a couple of others are talking about respecting the police and law and order in their statements. Not respecting the Constitution or the institutions these people are attacking. 

I expect a buttload of whataboutism. 

I expect plenty of false flag conspiracy theories.


Baffled discussion in our family circle as to how ‘patriots’ can treat the Seat of Government (and that’s symbolised there) this way. Kinda feels like the Storming of the Bastille...

Wishing you all strength and safety. 


joanne said:

Baffled discussion in our family circle as to how ‘patriots’ can treat the Seat of Government (and that’s symbolised there) this way. Kinda feels like the Storming of the Bastille...

Wishing you all strength and safety. 

 Thanks.  Can't imagine how ridiculous we look to folks in your country or elsewhere in the world.



It’s more shock and sadness. Was just chatting with a friend in Netherlands, also shocked watching live footage. The BBC coverage includes reflections from journos who’ve spent decades covering USA, in absolute shock. 

nohero said:

 Thanks.  Can't imagine how ridiculous we look to folks in your country or elsewhere in the world.

 


Sad thing is - Trump loves the attention.  And he does regard everyone involved as a patriot.  They're ALL good people.  This is his base.  And anyone expecting anything less hasn't been watching.


jamie said:

Sad thing is - Trump loves the attention.  And he does regard everyone involved as a patriot.  They're ALL good people.  This is his base.  And anyone expecting anything less hasn't been watching.

 He literally says on his video message to them "We love you".


He must be removed.


STANV said:

He must be removed.

 The 25th amendment must be invoked and people need to take to the streets for his removal. 


EderTerr said:

STANV said:

He must be removed.

 The 25th amendment must be invoked and people need to take to the streets for his removal. 

 Not worth it. He will be removed on Ian 20 already


basil said:

 Not worth it. He will be removed on Ian 20 already

 Think what he could do it two weeks.


We are witnessing the greatest form of white privilege right before our very eyes.


basil said:

EderTerr said:

STANV said:

He must be removed.

 The 25th amendment must be invoked and people need to take to the streets for his removal. 

 Not worth it. He will be removed on Ian 20 already

 he needs to be impeached and convicted with a sentence that includes a ban on running again for federal office.


Loeffler retracted her support for the objection. 


Senator Marshall of Kansas (who?) just said "while I share peoples' frustration with the election, I condemn this violence"

More or less.

Well, eff you Senator Nobody. 


drummerboy said:

Senator Marshall of Kansas (who?) just said "while I share peoples' frustration with the election, I condemn this violence"

More or less.

Well, eff you Senator Nobody. 

 I’m watching, and I’m telling them each and every single republican to go f”-:! Themselves. I have no tolerance for them 


In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.