GOP 2024 - Slavery Bad, But On The Other Hand ...

It's all about the "woke" and the "woke mob" and everything they don't like is "woke". 

The Dems ought to keep questioning what exactly it means or just keep making fun of it.

The Democrats should just keep reminding everyone that it's the cowards who are running around whining about "wokeness."

They could even quote this guy:

Hating the LGBTQ community is a Republican "value". 

apparently while the rest of us weren't paying attention, Bud Light got the right wing snowflakes all riled up

All 'hopped' up?

(when it comes to puns, sorry not sorry)

PVW said:

All 'hopped' up?

That barley qualifies.

DaveSchmidt said:

PVW said:

All 'hopped' up?

That barley qualifies.

While you two fool around, you're losing sight of the lager picture.

nohero said:

DaveSchmidt said:

PVW said:

All 'hopped' up?

That barley qualifies.

While you two fool around, you're losing sight of the lager picture.

soon enough they'll be sadder Budweiser

I’m down in Florida, and this is what it boils down to. 

I suspect that the people obsessed with "woke capitalism" had a bitter taste in their mouth long before they sipped anything.

mtierney said:

I think Howard Stern had the best reply to that nonsense. 

Howard Stern expressed disbelief over Rock and Tritt’s reactions during the April 10 episode of his SiriusXM radio show (via Billboard). “I thought there must be a piece of this story that I’m missing,” the radio host said. “I’m not bothered by gay people or [transgender] people. They don’t impact my life, they don’t hurt my life. I love when people are in love. You wanna be a woman? Be a woman. You wanna be a dude, be a dude. Be whatever you **** want. As long as you ain’t hurting anybody, I’m on your team.”

“I wish I could call Kid Rock and have him come on the show and just tell me, ‘Why are you so upset about this? How is it hurtful?’ I don’t know why he got so upset,” Stern continued. “Kid Rock, I know him. He’s got a great life. He transitioned from some kid in Michigan to a rock superstar! I’m really dumbfounded by why someone would care so much that they would blow up a can of Bud Light and say, ‘**** Anheuser-Busch.’ I don’t get it.”

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

The label on the right-wing "satire" says a lot about the people who are fans of it.

"We obsess over race, gender, and sexual orientation" is intended as an insult, but it's really a self-own. The conservative haters and their obsession with putting people down because of race, gender, and sexual orientation is the problem, to which the social activism they disdain is the reaction.

"Inclusivity" and "equity" are two words which are on the label as things which the right-wing haters view as "bad". 

Finally, the "SJW" logo stands for "social justice warrior", which is their "epithet" for people who actually care about other human beings, the environment, and justice. "Social justice" is actually a christian and Catholic virtue, but these folks let hate override any actual knowledge of things like that.

The fact that these right-wingers demonize beliefs and behaviors which are positive virtues says a lot about them, about the leaders, the people who follow them, and the hellscape which is their "vision" for this country.

[Edited to add] Example of someone using #SocialJustice as a Christian and Catholic virtue - 

I was at a conference a few weeks back. Some people put their pronouns on their name tags. Some people didn't. It wasn't a big deal either way and no one cared. The presence of pronouns took nothing away from anyone not displaying them, and for those who were showing pronouns, it made it easier to be respectful and address people in the way they asked for. Only on the right-wing twittersphere is such a set up a problem.

ridski said:

ml1 said:

I seriously thought that was satire until the very end

Today's False Prophet: Ron DeSantis at Liberty University -

“We have made Florida the state where woke goes to die,” he said. “The woke mind virus represents a war on merit. It represents a war on achievement. It’s a form of cultural Marxism that seeks to use identity politics to divide Americans. Perhaps most of all, the woke represents a war on the truth. As a leader, I don’t seek adulation. I don’t seek any fanfare. All I seek is the pursuit of the truth. Truth is enduring. As time goes by, the deceit and the lies fade away and what is true remains. Yes, the truth shall set you free. Because woke represents a war on truth, we must wage a war on woke.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis tells LU students he will continue fighting ‘war on truth’ » Liberty News

nohero said:

Today's False Prophet: Ron DeSantis at Liberty University -

“We have made Florida the state where woke goes to die,” he said. “The woke mind virus represents a war on merit. It represents a war on achievement. It’s a form of cultural Marxism that seeks to use identity politics to divide Americans. Perhaps most of all, the woke represents a war on the truth. As a leader, I don’t seek adulation. I don’t seek any fanfare. All I seek is the pursuit of the truth. Truth is enduring. As time goes by, the deceit and the lies fade away and what is true remains. Yes, the truth shall set you free. Because woke represents a war on truth, we must wage a war on woke.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis tells LU students he will continue fighting ‘war on truth’ » Liberty News

these guys never miss an opportunity to accuse others of exactly what they are doing, do they?

if DeSantis manages to get the GOP nomination for president, the Democratic candidate should just mock him constantly. If it was me, I'd take to calling him "Ron Woke, Woke, Wokity, Woke Woke Woke DeSanits" The word "woke" would lose it's usefulness for him if it's turned into something absurd.

and like the old joke about Giuliani (I think from Biden btw,) that every sentence was a "noun, verb, and 9/11", DeSantis could be the guy for whom every sentence is a "noun, verb and 'woke'"

ml1 said:

and like the old joke about Giuliani (I think from Biden btw,) that every sentence was a "noun, verb, and 9/11", DeSantis could be the guy for whom every sentence is a "noun, verb and 'woke'"

You're so right. 

The quotes below are from Dr. King's final book, which came out over 55 years ago. And sadly, his message is still needed, especially with today's GOP. 

Aren’t these the same people who were going ballistic on people for wearing a mask?  

Republicans are going to have to find another place to get their chicken sandwiches. 

nohero said:

Republicans are going to have to find another place to get their chicken sandwiches. 

easy answer. He does not have to boycott.

problem solved!

Jaytee said:

Casey DeSantis 

I'm thinking anyone who's even vaguely conscious is avoiding Florida like the plague these days.  So many ways to die down there, zika, the raging hepatitis epidemic, covid, shootings, stabbings, snake bite, gator bite, MAGA bite, sink holes, red tide, meth lab explosions, meth head attacks...

GoSlugs said:

I'm thinking anyone who's even vaguely conscious is avoiding Florida like the plague these days.  So many ways to die down there, zika, the raging hepatitis epidemic, covid, shootings, stabbings, snake bite, gator bite, MAGA bite, sink holes, red tide, meth lab explosions, meth head attacks...

I’m actually seeing more and more cars with Florida license plates up here in New Jersey. I was down there last week and construction sites are dead. I-75 was a breeze to drive on in rush hour traffic, something I never seen.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.