Straw’s top 25 from 2008.

On another thread, some posters were talking about the once popular Straw’s top 25 which were extremely fun threads back in the day. I found this one from 2008. I think you’ll enjoy seeing some of the names so I decided to start a new thread for entertainment purposes only. We have some late posters mentioned, some current posters mentioned and frankly some posters I don’t even remember that well.  Anyway, hope you enjoy revisiting the list as much as I have.  

25) So Refugee/Mustt_mustt/Dave/Jamie: burp, why not?
24) JustmeLaura: Would rate higher if posts came before 11:30 PM..
23) Shark45: Has done a nice job explaining his views on the market. Looking for more of the same.
22) Defcon/AJC/MTierney/Letters/Scrotus: Right wingers who haven't been very right about anything lately.
21) Robert23, PeggyC, Sharon, Lara, Meandtheboys, Joan Crystal. Shh, Cynicalgirl: These 8 ladies bring a unique angle to MOL.
20) ESS, Scarlet: Welcome to the top 25.
19) Nan/Wendy: No truth to the rumor that these two will head the new and improved "Straw fan club."
18) Bobk: Former winner loses points for flip flopping.
17) Algebra2, Lydial, FFOF. All rate much higher in person.
16) JDranove: Doesn't seem to like Obama. Doesn't seem to like anyone for that matter.
15) EL Dude, Hank Zona, Jeff
14) SLYFOXY1: We'll see how this one goes.
13) MFPARK/Rastro: Some say these two are the smartest people on MOL. I of course, disagree..
12) Hoops/Phoenixrising: These guys seem to like Obama.
11) Somethingz Fishy: I too am shocked! Is this guy really top 25 material???
10) Tom Reingold: Tom Reingold
69) Mammabear: This marks the first and last time she'll be under Tom Reingold.
08) Tom: Seems to be more into Facebook, than MOL.
07) Tjohn: Rides his bike 20 miles a day, to and from work.
06) Mem: Back after a one year ban. If she ditches, Bajou, she's top 3 next year!
05) Oldstone & Vandalay: Drop these two off on a deserted island. Keep the cams rolling! Should be some classic moments!
04) Nohero & Just the Aunt: Nohero really wanted to win it this year. I'm just not prepared to commit yet.
03) Sbenois: Last year's winner loses two spots after failing to bring me to my broker by gunpoint, and ordering me to sell.
02 Bajou: This still doesn't mean that Dave should go out and start a pet category.

01) Themp: "The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past."-William Faulkner.

At least three of them are no longer with us.  LOL

KarenMarlowe said:

At least three of them are no longer with us. 
LOL

I’m counting at least  5.   Laura, Sharon, Joel dranove, just the aunt, DEFCON. - RIP to our friends. And of course your sister too. She was huge part of MOL, especially the get-togethers

Themp  is no longer with us.

galileo said:

Themp  is no longer with us.

yes. Themp. Interesting poster. Died too young. He was jogging if my memory serves me correctly. 

I didn't know jdranove or themp, but I did miscount; I knew the other four. And yes, my sister, but she's not on your top 25. There are others that have passed.

Jerry Ryan is another MOL poster who is no longer with us.

There were some feisty women on this site back then. Meandtheboys was fierce. Mama Bear also. Wendy Lauter might still be lurking, I honestly think a lot of them are still lurking. 
I actually met that soulful mr T when Laura passed. He was pointing out all the MOL junkies to me. He is a riot. Pretty cool dude. Yeah man, Laura’s passing was just such a shockingly sad event. 
Just the aunt, was a very special individual. 

Jaytee said:

There were some feisty women on this site back then. Meandtheboys was fierce. Mama Bear also. Wendy Lauter might still be lurking, I honestly think a lot of them are still lurking. 
I actually met that soulful mr T when Laura passed. He was pointing out all the MOL junkies to me. He is a riot. Pretty cool dude. Yeah man, Laura’s passing was just such a shockingly sad event. 
Just the aunt, was a very special individual. 

meanstheboys is all over the lounge doing her thing mr T is living in jersey city which is great news for soma! Laura was a shocker. Her kids and husband are doing great. I’ve worked with Kate and Tommy. Best people ever. If you listen to WFAN, Wendy from maplewood pops up enough to discuss Mets baseball. Mamabear is one smart woman. Huge career, Very proud of her. 

joan_crystal said:

Jerry Ryan is another MOL poster who is no longer with us.

funny jerry story. So back in I think maybe 2014 he and I got into an argument at a bar and we stepped outside to settle it. Lucky for us the cops broke it up and told everybody to go home. About three months later he’s running for office and my friend is holding a coffee for him. No one shows because my friend is not very good at organizing things so she calls me in a panic and tells me I have to come down they need people. I say no way am I going, not for Jerry, he and I nearly beat the crap out of each other but she tells me I have to come. I show up and walk into the kitchen where jerry is sitting. I  say “hello Jerry” and he of course laughs. I spend the next hour handing out jerry and nancy flyers. Only in maplewood. 

We lost author last year and bmalibashska (sp?) a number of years ago.

KarenMarlowe said:

I worried Author had passed when I was no longer seeing his posts on MOL.  That’s really sad. I used to see Him in town but would avoid him because I knew he’d just want to discuss the ugly building that replaced the post office. Now I’m sorry I did. I’ll also say I’m not the only one on this site who should be feeling a little guilty about Author. 

Is this the point-out-others'-guilt part of your thread? If so, someone you are proud of from your list should probably be feeling a little guilty about stealing someone else's husband.

sprout said:

Is this the point-out-others'-guilt part of your thread? If so, someone you are proud of from your list should probably be feeling a little guilty about stealing someone else's husband.

boo. Bad form. 

Just keeping things interesting.

sprout said:

Just keeping things interesting.

it takes two to tangle. 

question what just happened? 

shh said:

question
what just happened? 

there seems to be some type of altercation inside of C’entanni over in the bar area….even the musicians have stopped playing to calm everyone down…

shh said:

question
what just happened? 

I think Sprout has been listening to the song Jolene. Mistook it for real life. 

Jaytee said:

shh said:

question
what just happened? 

there seems to be some type of altercation inside of C’entanni over in the bar area….even the musicians have stopped playing to calm everyone down…

I think it's a DJ , not musicians. 

shh said:

question
what just happened? 

Same thing that always happens.

nohero said:

shh said:

question
what just happened? 

Same thing that always happens.

Same as it ever was....

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

you remember the trio that played in that joint sometimes? They were pretty loud.

Jaytee said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

you remember the trio that played in that joint sometimes? They were pretty loud.

the jazz band? Very talented players. When the Place became HP they stopped playing there.

KarenMarlowe said:

I miss author. He was one of my favorite posters.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!