Sarah Sanders is absolutely the worst.

Top-level advertising is definitely not based on obfuscation. Many agencies and clients have legal departments that study all the messaging closely to make sure that it is accurate and not misleading. 

PR, at least the professionals that I've worked with, operates the same way. A PR person's reputation and credibility are their primary assets, and they're on the line every day. 

If Trump and Sanders were advertising and selling products in the same unethical and mendacious way they discuss politics, presidential positions, and current events they would be subject to the consumer protection laws and be guilty of fraud, and compensatory and punitive damages would be available to their victims.  See Trump University.

Unfortunately, they're not peddling a fraudulent university, a get rich quick scheme, a diet pill or used cars. He's running the country and she's his spokesperson. 

I'll take the used car salesman's word over the both of them.

mtierney said:

I think what you view as “lying” is better referred to as doing your job. PR, advertising and campaigning are essentially based on obfuscation. How many of us have worked for someone we did not like — for the paycheck?  I’ll raise my hand first. angry 

That’s all any of us need to know about you.  

Red_Barchetta said:

mtierney said:

I think what you view as “lying” is better referred to as doing your job. PR, advertising and campaigning are essentially based on obfuscation. How many of us have worked for someone we did not like — for the paycheck?  I’ll raise my hand first. angry 

That’s all any of us need to know about you.  

Amen.

So the biggest statement Sanders said today is that Trump did more against Russia since he's been president then Obama did in 8 years.

jamie said:

So the biggest statement Sanders said today is that Trump did more against Russia since he's been president then Obama did in 8 years.

Wow, that's some whopper!

Saw a clip of another part where she seemed to be sneering and being quite snide with the reporter.  

Best Regards,

Ron Carter

mtierney said:

I've worked for people I didn't like. But I didn't go around lying and I got out. Sanders is a pig happily wallowing in the slime. My apologies to pigs.

You seem to have no problem lying when its for the paycheck. You lack a moral compass. Typical of a Trump supporter.

I've had bosses I didn't like.  But not because they asked me to do anything unethical like lie my face off every day.  Mostly because I didn't like the way they treated people.  That said, I've been fortunate throughout most of my career to have terrific bosses, who were people of integrity, and treated people with respect.  Unlike the current POTUS, who is generally an awful human being.

mtierney said:

It's not a question of working for someone you don't like. It's a question of what that person is doing and what you are asked to do.

Would you take a job as spokesperson for an abortion provider?

The word venal comes t mind when thinking about her.....

mtierney said:

The job and purpose of the press secretary is to keep the public informed of issues and events. That way, they can participate in our democracy. PR, advertising and campaigning are not what is supposed to happen. The job has been perverted over the years.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

mtierney said:

The job and purpose of the press secretary is to keep the public informed of issues and events. That way, they can participate in our democracy. PR, advertising and campaigning are not what is supposed to happen. The job has been perverted over the years.

Good point.  Sometimes we forget the simple truths

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

mtierney said:

it would be naive to think that the press secretary isn't going to do some spinning.  But there's a huge difference between playing up the positive and downplaying the negative and what Sanders does.  Not only does she repeat the administration's lies, she's combative and willing to throw out false accusations against opponents.

A person in such a position should at least learn to control their voice. I’m sorry, but hers is worse than fingernails on chalkboard - too monotone, high-pitched, whiny/high-chested, with too many vocal breaks (errs, ums, ahhs, etc) to make one want to listen to her next word. 

It’s easy at the beginning to try to overlook such things, she was new and somewhat inexperienced. It’s been quite a while now, she has access to the best resources, standards are high and expectations are higher. She should be calming us, wooing us or lulling us into spellbound trances as she tells these tales. I find myself actively avoiding her voice. 

She's a flat-out liar.  That is all.  There is no debate. We are not talking spin or obfuscation.

She lies on a regular and consistent basis.  She means to deceive.

And what's with those damn eyebrows?

Bill Maher once said she reminded him of the roommate who opens the door and tells you, 'She doesn't want to see you."

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.