Morgan Le Fay Cat Rescue - Vampire Cats. The legend lives on.

That she did, Calliope. That she did. Lovely family.

Autumn Ctrzaska. That is one serious mouthful. wink

Thanks all, in particular to bigben for giving her and us the opportunity.

She's a real sweetheart who adores a belly rub and will cuddle for a good scratch, but with a bit of a feisty streak at times, which I love. Let ctrzdaughter's little stuffed tiger know who's boss already. Three separate times no less.

Not sure if we will rename her, though we do like it (and it fits with the weather and her orange streaks)...

I think "Autumn" is a truly lovely name for a cat with her coloring. But of course it's up to her new family. I'm so pleased you guys took her in; it sounds like she is very much at home already. :X

Screech is our "problem child". He likes people but he probably has a very low stimulation threshold because if you give him too much attention, he acts out (read: bites). Because he likes people, he wants to be an indoor cat, so a sanctuary is a last resort for him. After meeting with ctrzaska and hearing about one of his earlier cats, Jerry, it got me to thinking, maybe there's someone out there who could take a chance on Screech.

Screech should be an only cat; although he likes people he's not good in close quarters with other cats. If you don't like cats, maybe Screech is the cat for you because if you let him outdoors, he will surely chase all the other cats away. If you have a big dog, Screech will hold his own.

Screech is a handsome guy. Is anyone out there willing to give Screech a try? I suspect he might be a cat who spends most of his time outside patrolling the perimeter until you call him home. Maybe you know someone in a slightly less developed area who would like such a cat?

Ah, Jerry. Our 25-odd lb. Nantucket street cat. He who ate suicide wings (bones and all), sent a vet tech to a human hospital, kicked the crap out of more than one midsize dog, killed anything living within sight (or at least tried to), and bitched and complained constantly.

Screech sounds like him, in other words a badass cat with a serious personality. Which in my book is a very good thing. Particularly if you have mice about. Notsomuch with uncovered ankles.

I think Screech is more like "medium hot" as opposed to "suicide" wings. You're spot on about the serious personality.

Screechikins!
I fostered that great cat!

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, "Can he name a kitten?"

SIgh. Thinking of going with Matilda Autumn.

Screech is in the house!
Well he has a temp spot in my foster room and he is doing great! He was introduced to a little female and outside of a small grumble he settled down.
I don't do outdoors with my cats but this boy has been caged for years so, I thought it was worth a try and he was terrific. Actually listens to commands (can a cat actually obey a command?) He stopped following a local free roaming girl and came back to me when I called him. He's not a big fan of the great outdoors but he sniffed the flowers, studied the butterflies and observed the deer so, he could be a good indoor outdoor guy if that's what he is offered.
He likes me to pick him up and tote him to the yard, and then returns the same way so that I don't have to tempt him with my 16 year old cat.
No sense pushing my luck.
So, can anyone give this boy a chance?
He really is not ideal for sanctuary life but I think he is ready to leave his shelter past behind and move into a home of his own.

I am glad you have him. If you put him on your FB page, I will network him. @Bigben knows I have a pretty good track record,in that regard cheese

Fingers crossed for someone to give Screech a chance. He sounds like a lovely boy for a one-cat home and an owner who is willing to be just a little understanding.

calliope said:

I am glad you have him. If you put him on your FB page, I will network him. @Bigben knows I have a pretty good track record,in that regard cheese

OK He's on Facebook so let's roll the dice. Kitten needs a new pair of mittens!

Screech preparing for his role in Hamlet, the melancholy Dane.

Screech in plaid, maybe Braveheart?

Screech learning to play Potsy!

Screech the hypnotist!
His method for compelling me to serve lunch!

He really is adorable. Might help if you rename him... "Screech" is not the most encouraging moniker. wink

Yes I agree.
I posted him on Petfinder as Hamlet.

Or here is Leif Erickson the Viking Explorer!

Michelangelo the sculptor with his Venetian Lion!

I'm confused - maybe you explained this already? Why is he being toted outdoors if he is not a fan of being outside?

hauscat said:

I'm confused - maybe you explained this already? Why is he being toted outdoors if he is not a fan of being outside?

He's in one room alone and wants to get out, as I can't put him with my seniors I'm trying to break up the monotony as best I can. If he can't find a home, all of the sanctuaries are mostly outdoors with some heated shelter.
I'm hoping he gets a break and gets adopted.

Can you put a cat tower and some interactive toys in his room to break the boredom? Toys like these:

http://www.amazon.com/FroliCat-HC1-Twitch-Teaser-Cat/dp/B0055869YS/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=04RH75VWBGZAVEJWBRR0

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Litter-Brilliant-PetTM-PTY45-14270/dp/B009KAS9K4#

http://www.amazon.com/FroliCat-Flik-Interactive-Cat-Toy/dp/B00DI52NC2/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=16VSKTTRAEDK6RBMQJKB

I hope he finds a home soon.

Morganna - I had a contractor tell me his mom was looking for an indoor/outdoor cat. I will see if his company will pass on the message to have him call me.

I would call a cat like that Eric the Red. wink Handsome Viking boy.

calliope said:

Indeed, experience has shown both @calliope and @hauscat to be suppliers of primo quality adopters.

PeggyC said:

I would call a cat like that Eric the Red. wink Handsome Viking boy.

Ah I had an Eric the Red that @hauscat's friend adopted a few months ago!
I also had a feral named Eric the Red but maybe that works for him best!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.