MOL updates - please report issues here.

Search appears to be down. Got “No records found” for a word I know is out there. Same for other common words I then tested.

@jamie…Just read over this thread and perhaps solved the “mystery” of today — can a poster remove his/her own post after having viewed it as posted? I don’t mean just self-deleting your comments in a post. In the Rose Garden this morning, I replied to a post by NoHero. It disappeared later in the day. One day, last week, something similar happened, but I just figured out I did it somehow.

mtierney said:

@jamie…Just read over this thread and perhaps solved the “mystery” of today — can a poster remove his/her own post after having viewed it as posted? I don’t mean just self-deleting your comments in a post. In the Rose Garden this morning, I replied to a post by NoHero. It disappeared later in the day. One day, last week, something similar happened, but I just figured out I did it somehow.

no, a poster cannot remove a thread.

Not a big deal, jamie, but the embedded linking isn’t working. When you define text and click the link icon, no text appears in the window, and completing the process only leaves the exposed URL at the top of the comment.

I think what Dave is trying to say is that when you select the link in the comment and click on the link icon, the selected text does not populate the URL field in the resulting dialog box. Instead the selected text populates the "text" field, and the URL field is left blank.

See below.

Is the "Alt" field new? I don't remember that being there before.

drummerboy said:

I think what Dave is trying to say is that when you select the link in the comment and click on the link icon, the selected text does not populate the URL field in the resulting dialog box. Instead the selected text populates the "text" field, and the URL field is left blank.

That wasn’t what I was trying to say. I’m referring to links that a commenter tries to embed in text in his own comment before posting it. I’ll let jamie take it from here.

DaveSchmidt said:

drummerboy said:

That wasn’t what I was trying to say. I’m referring to links that a commenter tries to embed in text in his own comment before posting it. I’ll let jamie take it from here.

OK. I don't understand then. But I also was referring to embedding links in a comment.

However, it appears there is a bug in the link function.

DaveSchmidt said:

I'm not too clear on this.

Is it with text you've already typed - and then want to link testing here.

That seemed to work - now I'll click link icon and only add to the URL field https://www.google.com - that seemed ok.

What browser are you using?

jamie said:

I'm not too clear on this.

Is it with text you've already typed - and then want to link testing here.

That seemed to work - now I'll click link icon and only add to the URL field https://www.google.com - that seemed ok.

What browser are you using?

Yes, what you did there — hyperlink text like “testing here” — I can no longer do. Define text, click link icon, copy URL into URL field, hit Insert and … nothing except the exposed URL at the top of the comment.

Using Safari.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/mol-updates-please-report-issues-here?page=next&limit=480#discussion-replies-3561514Following the above steps on “hyperlink text” below with the URL of this page …

Yes, what you did there — hyperlink text — I can’t do. Define text, click link icon, copy URL into URL field, hit Insert and … nothing except the exposed URL at the top of the comment.

… The result is what appears here.

Same thing happens for me on Chrome. iOS 15.1 for iPad, if that helps.

ok, I think I can recreate it a little.  Do you have any issues when you paste the link directly in the reply field - without using the link icon?

jamie said:

Do you have any issues when you paste the link directly in the reply field - without using the link icon?

No. My 8:10 comment in the Rose Garden is an example. When I couldn’t hyperlink on Frank’s name, I added the URL separately, if that’s what you mean.

Has the one space indentation ever been brought up? It appears when you click either "Quote" or "Reply to this Comment". If indentation is supposed to be there, okay. I would just expect it to be 4-5 spaces, but then again I still struggle with not putting two spaces after a period so what do I know?

so - you want it shifted to the right 5 pixels more?  It's mainly the color that denotes the quote.

One thing I noticed on a recent PM is that the mobile emoticons seems to translate in the email notifications email.  But not in the comment.  Not a quick fix, just thought I'd share that I'm aware of this.  grin

jamie said:

so - you want it shifted to the right 5 pixels more?  It's mainly the color that denotes the quote.

One thing I noticed on a recent PM is that the mobile emoticons seems to translate in the email notifications email.  But not in the comment.  Not a quick fix, just thought I'd share that I'm aware of this. 
grin

Nah, I was just wondering about it since I didn't know if it was a single space on purpose. I figured an intentional indentation would be more than just a single space. Sounds like a software quirk that would be too much of a pain to correct except on some rainy Saturday afternoon when you have nothing left to binge watch, no one else is home and there's a couple of beers in the fridge.

jamie said:

One thing I noticed on a recent PM is that the mobile emoticons seems to translate in the email notifications email.  But not in the comment.  Not a quick fix, just thought I'd share that I'm aware of this. 
grin

Don't add more space. Remove the space.

Like here. Why are these paragraphs not aligned?

I haven't mentioned it, because it's a little nitpicky, but seeing as this thread is at the top and PeterWick brought it up, it's worth fixing.

ridski said:

jamie said:

grin

Don't add more space. Remove the space.

Like here. Why are these paragraphs not aligned?

I haven't mentioned it, because it's a little nitpicky, but seeing as this thread is at the top and PeterWick brought it up, it's worth fixing.

Do you mean why did the Don't in the first sentence indent one space? It looks like there was a space in front of it,

I'm so finicky, I delete the space manually.

ETA: Jamie, it's the space in front of your own Do, after the quote block.

DaveSchmidt said:

I'm so finicky, I delete the space manually.

ah

i see - when you quote it adds a space.  I'll look into this.

jamie said:

Do you mean why did the Don't in the first sentence indent one space? It looks like there was a space in front of it,

Yes.

There's always a space in front of the first paragraph after a quote. It's not an indentation, you can delete it, like DaveSchmidt does.

ok, the space should be out

from new comment and replies

jamie said:

ok, the space should be out

from new comment and replies

testing this 

test - looks good - not sure if this will affect anything else.  grin

jamie said:

testing this 

test - looks good - not sure if this will affect anything else. 
grin

I like it. Nice. And thank you.

FWIW, the hyperlinking works on my Mac, just not on my iPad. Maybe it’s a bug in the recent 15.1 update.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!