Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

I think Cincinnati is another team that could use Dom Smith.

DanDietrich said:

Votto seems to have fallen off of a cliff.

sbenois said:

DanDietrich said:

Votto seems to have fallen off of a cliff.

he clearly does not want to be there.  It shows.  Meanwhile, I'm genuinely glad to see that JD Davis is banging out the hits, and Holderman is doing well.  I like it when good guys do well.  

Next two weeks is the season. 

Tremendous pressure for the Phillies and Braves.  If the Mets play 500 they are both done

Lindor has been amazing since the All Star break, and especially since the Atlanta series.  This year he is the guy the Mets expected to see when they traded for him.  Nice to see.

18 game hitting streak, scored in 13 straight games, most RBIs for a shortstop this year, one of the best in baseball in both RBIs and Runs Scored.  Very productive.

What's up with these changes, I wonder. Why is McNeil out?

However this game turns out, this is why I hate the ghost runner rule. Swinging bunt, short fly ball and a strikeout and the Mets are now behind. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid rule. 

Marte almost made it.  That was an exciting play.

DanDietrich said:

What's up with these changes, I wonder. Why is McNeil out?

McNeil was stepped on and spiked.  Took two or three stitches to his finger.

I saw that.  Now please explain why Nido stopped running between first and second.  Pure brain fart.

Per Gary, Mets now won their 15th consecutive series vs an NL East opponent, longest since 1999 Braves won 16. Braves next. LGM!

That was a good series.  The Phillies played well,  But the Mets are a better team.

Trivia: Nolan Ryan’s ERA was 3.09 the year the White Album came out. It was 2.91 the year Nirvana released Nevermind. https://t.co/uwEeF6mu5p

The biggest issue I have with the Mets this year is that I'm enjoying them so much that I get less done around the house.  I used to listen to games on the radio while I worked, but now I want to see the at bats.

i can live with this problem.

Vogelbach is hitting well so far.

DanDietrich said:

The biggest issue I have with the Mets this year is that I'm enjoying them so much that I get less done around the house.  I used to listen to games on the radio while I worked, but now I want to see the at bats.

i can live with this problem.

Same issue here. And I enjoy Buck's post game news conference so that's another half hour I burn waiting for that to come one. At least the Jets will continue to leave my fall Sundays wide open.

Mets face Strider tonight. After his crying following the games at Citi, it would be pretty funny if the Mets launched a few HRs off him. Or maybe it would be even funnier if they beat him again with a bunch of "lucky" hits.

They did have a few "lucky" hits against Wheeler yesterday, but that's what happens when you focus on making contact. Losing Guillorme for an extended period of time would be tough. 

jfinnegan said:

They did have a few "lucky" hits against Wheeler yesterday, but that's what happens when you focus on making contact. Losing Guillorme for an extended period of time would be tough. 

Strider was also complaining about the umpiring favoring the Mets. But it favored the Mets because they were more selective, while his team was proceeding to swing and miss at just about every slider deGrom threw them that day.

Sometimes it's luck. But sometimes it's also that only one team is taking advantage of the circumstances.

Well, let's hope that they got that out of their system.  

Ruf shows that Eppler is a genius!  Another two-way player.  The next Ohtani!!

He just cut his MLB career ERA down from 18.00 to 6.00 with those two innings of one hit ball.

In 64 total at bats against Walker, tonight's Braves team has 5 home runs and 13 RBI's.  Of course, 8 of those runs came in one inning on 8/5.  Here's hoping he has a much more effective outing tonight!

Contrast to Morton.  This Mets team has 119 at bats, 7 home runs, and 18 RBI's against him.  Definitely beatable if Walker can pitch like he has most of this season--barring 8/5.  

mfpark said:

In 64 total at bats against Walker, tonight's Braves team has 5 home runs and 13 RBI's.  Of course, 8 of those runs came in one inning on 8/5.  Here's hoping he has a much more effective outing tonight!

Contrast to Morton.  This Mets team has 119 at bats, 7 home runs, and 18 RBI's against him.  Definitely beatable if Walker can pitch like he has most of this season--barring 8/5.  

he pitched 8/5 with a sore hip, so I don't think it means the Braves especially have Walker's number.

And tonight the better half of our pen is rested.

yahooyahoo said:

Vogelbach is hitting well so far.

I really, really like him. And I understand his teammates feel the same. Based on size and demeanor, he reminds me of Bartolo Colon. Oh and I too am spending more time watching as opposed to listening. And I can't get enough Buck. What a direct cool guy who I am sure is very responsible for the Mets this year working the count more than they ever did. LGM!

From somebody's tweet:

Darin Ruf just became the first Mets position player in history to throw multiple scoreless innings in a single game.

Ruf's line: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 14 pitches, 10 strikes.

yahooyahoo said:

From somebody's tweet:

Darin Ruf just became the first Mets position player in history to throw multiple scoreless innings in a single game.

Ruf's line: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 14 pitches, 10 strikes.

by the time Ruf pitched, Atlanta's hitters were exhausted.

ml1: A stat is a stat. Don't be downer. Now if they lose this series then perhaps I'll let you.  grin

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.