Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Homestand sweep!  That isn't easy, even against bad teams .


DanDietrich said:

Homestand sweep!  That isn't easy, even against bad teams .

Nationals are so bad. It looks as if Soto's checked out. It's gonna be a long season for them. 


It looked like they took fielding lessons from the Phillies.  Who just lost Segura for 12 weeks.


Challenging 10-game west coast road trip. I'd be happy if they went .500 or even 4-6. 


Hopefully they can knock Syndergaard around next Sunday. Looks like a few lefties on the schedule. I don't know why they have such a hard time hitting them still. 


For anyone who hasn't had time to peruse the various Mets FB groups, allow me to summarize;

The end times are upon us.  The Braves are storming back.  The Mets 9.5 game lead is precarious.  (Insert name here) needs to be sent down right now.  

My summary: Walker and the relievers pitched well against a good lineup.  Let's get them today.


DanDietrich said:

For anyone who hasn't had time to peruse the various Mets FB groups, allow me to summarize;

The end times are upon us.  The Braves are storming back.  The Mets 9.5 game lead is precarious.  (Insert name here) needs to be sent down right now.  

My summary: Walker and the relievers pitched well against a good lineup.  Let's get them today.

Lindor caught his finger in a door? Really?


Yes.  Showalter said that he was trying to find him a day off anyway, so there is that.  It's interesting how important Lindor is to this team, with how much some people hate him.  I love his style and energy.


DanDietrich said:

For anyone who hasn't had time to peruse the various Mets FB groups, allow me to summarize;

The end times are upon us.  The Braves are storming back.  The Mets 9.5 game lead is precarious.  (Insert name here) needs to be sent down right now.  

My summary: Walker and the relievers pitched well against a good lineup.  Let's get them today.

Mets fan my entire life and their entire existence. I don't get too high. I don't get too low. It is a long season. 


wendy said:

yahooyahoo said:

That game was the beginning of the end of his career. 

Any true fan knows this. Why bring it up in this context of the memories associated with an amazing moment? Terry Collins still feels guilty. We know. Are you a fan or just like stating the obvious? Sheesh.

I am a fan, which is why I no longer have fond memories of that game.


jimmurphy said:

DanDietrich said:

For anyone who hasn't had time to peruse the various Mets FB groups, allow me to summarize;

The end times are upon us.  The Braves are storming back.  The Mets 9.5 game lead is precarious.  (Insert name here) needs to be sent down right now.  

My summary: Walker and the relievers pitched well against a good lineup.  Let's get them today.

Lindor caught his finger in a door? Really?

The first time the Mets were shut out all season, which is pretty amazing.


Not directly a Mets post, but Girardi was just shown the exit by Dombrowski.  As noted above, Phillies not likely to be a major challenge to the Mets in the East this year.


Dombrowski should be fired as well. He constructed a very poor team. They should have gone after Canha or Marte. Instead they decided to go for additional below average fielders. They're a tough team to watch. 


I feel like I just watched a playoff game.  I'm pretty happy with the weekend.  


As seen on the Twitterverse, the sac fly by Escobar was the 23rd by the Mets this season…they had 23 all of last year.


Train_of_Thought said:

As seen on the Twitterverse, the sac fly by Escobar was the 23rd by the Mets this season…they had 23 all of last year.

Does that reflect more on their ability to make contact with a man on 3rd and less than two outs? Or on their ability to get a man to 3rd with less than 2 outs?

I’m fine with a series split with LA especially without the two big pitchers. 


Yes! Just finished on DVR. No quit in this team.


Of course now it’s 12:38 and I’m a little amped up.  Great postgame interview with J.D.


mrincredible said:

Train_of_Thought said:

As seen on the Twitterverse, the sac fly by Escobar was the 23rd by the Mets this season…they had 23 all of last year.

Does that reflect more on their ability to make contact with a man on 3rd and less than two outs? Or on their ability to get a man to 3rd with less than 2 outs?

I’m fine with a series split with LA especially without the two big pitchers. 

Not 100% sure but I'm thinking the former, because of all the times I recall yelling at the TV when they had a man on 3rd with less than 2 outs and failed to put the ball in play. I'll take it either way.


I know the stats: a very good or a very bad manager is perhaps responsible for a 5 game or so difference in the W/L column. But there is something about Buck Showalter who helps me feel like a more hopeful Mets fan than I have in a while. (Pete Alonso and the rest of the team help too course. lol)


jimmurphy said:

Of course now it’s 12:38 and I’m a little amped up.  Great postgame interview with J.D.

I loved that interview. He was so amped up also. 


wendy said:

I know the stats: a very good or a very bad manager is perhaps responsible for a 5 game or so difference in the W/L column. But there is something about Buck Showalter who helps me feel like a more hopeful Mets fan than I have in a while. (Pete Alonso and the rest of the team help too course. lol)

I think they do better knowing that there is a plan.  Just keep getting on base and moving people around the bases.  A guy can go 0-5 and not lose the game for them.  


Relentless.   These guys are VERY good!


Watched till the third and then taped the rest. Rewarded this morning to see Escobar’s cycle and an incredible ninth inning response to Voit’s homer in the eighth to bring it close.

Such a fun team to watch! How bout Carrasco, too!


I actually stayed up until midnight, and left the game mid-7th inning. Woke up to find out that pretty much a whole other game was played after I went to bed. Another good outing from Carrasco.


Max Scherzer and his wife are paying all adoption fees at St Hubert's for large dogs until June 12.  That's pretty cool


DanDietrich said:

Max Scherzer and his wife are paying all adoption fees at St Hubert's for large dogs until June 12.  That's pretty cool

of course when he played for the Nats I  didn't like the whole Mad Max thing. But after watching Scherzer's work for the union on behalf of young players, and finding out he and his wife are big on helping rescue dogs, I have a lot of respect for him. 


Propitiating the baseball gods on behalf of Alonso and Marte. Burning offerings on a small altar. 


No fracture for Pete. Quad tightness for Starling. Hope it's not worse.

I'll miss the kitten, but it was worth it.


In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertise here!

Sponsored Business

Find Business