Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

DanDietrich said:

I understand that playing against the Nats is like extended spring training, but these are games the old Mets struggled to win.  I loved how Lindor used his interview after getting beaned to talk about how his teammates had his back.  That man is a leader.  Now the real question is can Carrasco have a good start.  Doesn't need to be shutout good, just good.

More than good. Settled in nicely. Unfortunate ending.

Agreed.  His start made me happy for the game, regardless of the loss 

DanDietrich said:

Agreed.  His start made me happy for the game, regardless of the loss 

It would be easy to blame the loss on the 8th inning fielding meltdown, but the Mets had a few opportunities to extend the lead and didn't.  Some of it was bad luck.  But sometimes you just have to credit the other team. Doolittle did a great job to keep the Mets from adding to their lead.

I know Alonso wants to play 1st, but there's no reason to not have Dom at 1st base if he's in the lineup. DH should be reserved for Alonso, Cano and guys that might need a day to rest from the field, but that shouldn't be Dom. 

Argh.  Walker fantastic for two innings and then pulled for some injury.

DanDietrich said:

Argh.  Walker fantastic for two innings and then pulled for some injury.

if it's his knee he'll probably be OK missing a couple of starts. He's had residual soreness after a procedure he had in the winter. 

Right shoulder irritation.

DanDietrich said:

Right shoulder irritation.

that's troubling 

Joely certainly looked bat-shy.

Sending May back out for a 2nd inning didn't make much sense to me. They have had a shortened spring training, it's cold out and he never goes two innings. 

Familia pitched better than he has in three years.  Figures.

It seems that half of the bullpen is really good, and the other half is really bad.  These walks are murder.

DanDietrich said:

Familia pitched better than he has in three years.  Figures.

he was always that way.  the term "some days the plate moves around on him" fits him perfectly.  As rough as Mets fans can be, I have this feeling that Familia is going to be a player that the Philly fans eventually run out of town.  A few home appearances where he can't throw a strike and they'll turn on him quick.

DanDietrich said:

It seems that half of the bullpen is really good, and the other half is really bad.  These walks are murder.

that's how we end up with a 4 hour game.

Exactly 50 Easter Sundays ago, we lost Gil Hodges.

At 25 seconds Buck Showalter gives a shout out to Maplewood’s own Harrison Friedland!  Way to go, Harrison!

https://twitter.com/snytv/status/1515797824675487758?s=10&t=p0-1j6Rwn-abeQUXPid4dg

big test this week with 4 against the Giants

I'll be happy with a split this week.  Play 500 against good teams and beat up on bad teams.  That will work.

DanDietrich said:

I'll be happy with a split this week.  Play 500 against good teams and beat up on bad teams.  That will work.

This may just be my personal impression, but I feel like they do a pretty good job playing 500 against good teams. Where they always seem to fall short is making hay against the weak  teams. 

mrincredible said:

DanDietrich said:

This may just be my personal impression, but I feel like they do a pretty good job playing 500 against good teams. Where they always seem to fall short is making hay against the weak  teams. 

i agree completely.  The season really ended last year shortly before the all star break when they choked against Pittsburgh and I think Miami.

DanDietrich said:

i agree completely.  The season really ended last year shortly before the all star break when they choked against Pittsburgh and I think Miami.

Yes! I think they were in a strong position to build a lead in the division if they’d gone 6-1 or 5-2 in those seven games. And they totally flopped. 

Arrieta on deGrom:

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1516057217216172037?s=20&t=Y0cUAolWROqRHFpDXxUG8w

Guillorme looks ten years younger. 

jfinnegan said:

Wow!

jfinnegan said:

does he think he's going to be traded to the Yanks?

ml1 said:

jfinnegan said:

Three-game suspension. Hit the showers, ml1. 

Soul_29 said:

ml1 said:

jfinnegan said:

Three-game suspension. Hit the showers, ML1. 

Soul_29 is reminding me of the George Steinbrenner "you're fired" crap that pre-dated but presaged Trump. Go suspend me sir. I don't post much in any event. Happy to hang with ML1  smile

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!