Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Good points Soul and wharfrat. Didn't think about this at all in my depressed typical Mets fan state last night.

I just can't stand the fact that jason Bay is still on this team. My whole life I have been a Met's fan, and I just can't bear to watch when he is playing. Pagan is hitting 289 right now, and we run out a 158 and a 235 or so in the outfield. Just let the kids play.

Yeah, I shocked when they pulled him. It's not like the guy gets gasses after 7 innings. I don't know how many pitches he had thrown but it wasn't a lot and most of them were 50 mph!

Maybe they were inspired by the Strasburg treatment--trying to not blow out Dickey's arm...........

Just kidding.

But, hey, at least your guys aren't sitting in last place, like my Sox. And we still have to deal with Bobby Valentine. Ewwwwww.

jeffl said:

Yeah, I shocked when they pulled him. It's not like the guy gets gasses after 7 innings. I don't know how many pitches he had thrown but it wasn't a lot and most of them were 50 mph!

Actually, jeffl (If that's your REAL name), Dickey throws harder than the "average" knuckleballer ... He hits mid 80's with his fastball and I think his knucklers are in the 70's ...

Even a Cy Young candidate will have a hard time winning a game when his team can only give him two runs in 7 innings. He is going to give up 3 runs periodically. But given how horrible the middle relief has been (as shown again last night), it does make you wonder why they would pull him in the 7th. Sure, they got a pinch hitter to have a chance in what was then a close game, but the trade off was to have to bring in Rauch, Fransisco, and Edgin. Ick.

Soul_29 said:

jeffl said:

Actually, jeffl (If that's your REAL name), Dickey throws harder than the "average" knuckleballer ... He hits mid 80's with his fastball and I think his knucklers are in the 70's ...

You caught me. My real name is Chris.

From the Times: "The Mets did end one ignoble streak when Daniel Murphy and David Wright delivered consecutive run-scoring hits in the fifth. Until then, they had gone 110 innings without a multirun inning. The only lengthier streak in baseball history was produced by the 1909 Washington Senators, who put together a 119-inning streak. The Senators won just 42 out of 152 games that year."

Ugh.

I believe that I heard that both the Rockies and the Braves have more wins at CITI FIELD than the Mets do since the All-Star break ... And I heard on the FAN today that if the Mets, 4 - 24 at home since All-Star break, played .500 ball during that stretch, they'd be in the WIld Card hunt ...

Ugh.

Soul_29 said:

I believe that I heard that both the Rockies and the Braves have more wins at CITI FIELD than the Mets do since the All-Star break ... And I heard on the FAN today that if the Mets, 4 - 24 at home since All-Star break, played .500 ball during that stretch, they'd be in the WIld Card hunt ...

Ugh.

I'm an optimist....just wait until 2014 question

Just got an email from the Mets ...

METS ANNOUNCE PRELIMINARY 2013 SCHEDULE

Soul_29 said:

Just got an email from the Mets ...

METS ANNOUNCE PRELIMINARY 2013 SCHEDULE

In other words Mets management announces, "Just wait until next year."
Ugh, indeed.

I think I'm only going to watch games that R.A. Dickey pitches the rest of the way ... Although Harvey pitched good enough to win tonight ... We suck.

Soul_29 said:

I think I'm only going to watch games that R.A. Dickey pitches the rest of the way ... Although Harvey pitched good enough to win tonight ... We suck.

Time to bring back the mule!

Hey guys and gals,
One of us needs to step up to the plate and bring a bit more optimism here and now. And no, it ain't gonna be me, in spite of my Tug McGraw/you gotta believe icon.

I don't know much about limits on call-ups and send-downs and what effect calling him up might have next season, but wouldn't this be a good time to get Nieuwenhuis some more Major League at bats?

wendy said:

Hey guys and gals,
One of us needs to step up to the plate and bring a bit more optimism here and now. And no, it ain't gonna be me, in spite of my Tug McGraw/you gotta believe icon.

usually it's me.

sorry, I've got nothing this time. I spent a lot of nights at a near-empty Shea in '79, and this seems a lot like that.

wendy said:

Hey guys and gals,

{Awkward silence}

Yet, I lay awake at night and wonder ... What went wrong? It's like that scene in Damn Yankees where young Joe Hardy walks through a door and becomes old Joe ... We were a GOOD team at the All-Star break ... WTF happened?

And all you need to be is a 0.500 team on September 13 to be in the wild-card hunt, and the Mets are no where near it. Philly started winning two weeks ago and now they're in the mix. It's not that hard to be in the mix anymore - it's not too much to ask to be in it at this point just about every year!

Wendy--Francisco didn't get bombed last night. That is a positive. And Duda had two hits and is getting prepped for 1st base in case Davis is traded. All good stuff.

ml1 said:

sorry, I've got nothing this time. I spent a lot of nights at a near-empty Shea in '79, and this seems a lot like that.

Ml1-That was you?!!! I was guy over in section 67 chasing foul balls all by myself. oh oh

Wait -- I've got one: Mets are NOT in last place!! They're still 2 1/2 games better than Jose Reyes' Marlins!

Train_of_Thought said:

Wait -- I've got one: Mets are NOT in last place!! They're still 2 1/2 games better than Jose Reyes' Marlins!

Who's Reyes? Our shortstop is Ruben Tejada!! Uncle Sandy got that move right!!

Hold your breath! Mets leading 2-1 with 2 outs in top of the 9th. Harvey, pitching in his final game of the season has probably pitched his best game of the season.

Reports swirling that Mets may look to trade Ike in the offseason and make Duda their first baseman. I've never been a huge Ike guy (i.e. I'm not sure he has the trade value they think he does), but the idea of a right-side-of-the-infield of Murphy and Duda, well...

...ugh.

...and tonight the Mets locked up a losing season.

Despite being a Phillies fan, I was disappointed how the Mets season turned out. It started out to be a good season, but really turned south in the past couple of months.

Howard versus a lefty has been an automatic out the last month--except tonight. Ugh is right.

Someone please talk Wendy from Maplewood out of jumping.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!