Old Thread About Election Consequences

cramer said:
Tom Hayden was editor of the Michigan Daily when I was a freshman .

And with all that he eventually found time to marry Jane Fonda.  Talk about multi-tasking.

For all those who helped make this possible (and you know who you are), please click the link to enjoy watching President Trump and the formal swearing in of new Justice Kavanaugh.

https://www.pscp.tv/WhiteHouse/1eaKbVgdoqRKX

The event is over, but please click the "play" button.

[Edited to add] Bonus for you, a tweet from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders showing her gratitude for all of your efforts.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1048687047400218624?s=20

"Congratulations Judge Kavanaugh! Instead of a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court under Hillary Clinton, we now have a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court under President @realDonaldTrump, cementing a tremendous legacy for the President and a better future for America"

Oh, looks like it is voter shaming season.  Here is my contribution:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1049442177057603584

Own it Nan.  Own it.   

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Yes, sad to say I voted for Hillary.  Should have voted for Jill.  

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

What unadulterated horsesh!t. 

nohero said:
For all those who helped make this possible (and you know who you are), please click the link to enjoy watching President Trump and the formal swearing in of new Justice Kavanaugh. https://www.pscp.tv/WhiteHouse/1eaKbVgdoqRKX The event is over, but please click the "play" button. [Edited to add] Bonus for you, a tweet from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders showing her gratitude for all of your efforts. https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1048687047400218624?s=20 "Congratulations Judge Kavanaugh! Instead of a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court under Hillary Clinton, we now have a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court under President @realDonaldTrump, cementing a tremendous legacy for the President and a better future for America"
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

The Three OCD Amigos foaming at the mouth because they have calculated that if one person changed their vote, Hillary would have carried NJ by 2,148,279 to 1,601,933, instead of 2,148,278 to 1,601,933. And that would have changed the Kavanaugh vote.

Of course, we don't know how they voted.

And when you think about it, they really doth protest too much. Did they vote for Jill Stein? Gary Johnson?

Darrell Castle? Alyson Kennedy? Rocky De La Fuente? Monica Moorehead? or Gloria La Riva?

Probably Rocky, because that has a macho ring to it. And these dudes are seriously macho. Well, maybe not @nohero, he's got other issues. He probably went for Alyson Kennedy.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
For all those who helped make this possible (and you know who you are), please click the link to enjoy watching President Trump and the formal swearing in of new Justice Kavanaugh. https://www.pscp.tv/WhiteHouse/1eaKbVgdoqRKX The event is over, but please click the "play" button. [Edited to add] Bonus for you, a tweet from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders showing her gratitude for all of your efforts. https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1048687047400218624?s=20 "Congratulations Judge Kavanaugh! Instead of a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court under Hillary Clinton, we now have a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court under President @realDonaldTrump, cementing a tremendous legacy for the President and a better future for America"
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   
The Three OCD Amigos foaming at the mouth because they have calculated that if one person changed their vote, Hillary would have carried NJ by 2,148,279 to 1,601,933, instead of 2,148,278 to 1,601,933. And that would have changed the Kavanaugh vote.

And when you think about it, they really doth protest too much. Did they vote for Jill Stein? Gary Johnson?
Darrell Castle? Alyson Kennedy? Rocky De La Fuente? Monica Moorehead? or Gloria La Riva?
Probably Rocky, because that has a macho ring to it. And these dudes are seriously macho. Well, maybe not @nohero, he's got other issues. He probably went for Alyson Kennedy.

Quoted for posterity.  It's just that crazy.

In the land of "what if" the cuckoo is the National bird.

sbenois said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:
sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Dennis_Seelbach said:

nan said:

sbenois said:
Own it Nan.  Own it.   

Waiting for you to explain how one vote in NJ would have affected the Kavanaugh nomination.

And since you claim to know how others voted, waiting for you to prove who you voted for.

With respect to deciding for which candidate to vote, I find my favorite Dick Gregory quote to be apt:

"When you've got something really good, you don't have to force it on people.  They will try to steal it!"

paulsurovell said:

Waiting for you to explain how one vote in NJ would have affected the Kavanaugh nomination.
And since you claim to know how others voted, waiting for you to prove who you voted for.

By your logic, no vote counts.

Brilliant analysis.

So, did you hear that Bernie got Amazon workers $15 an hour?  Let's see what Hillary is up to these days:  https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1049500210370699264

Maybe Susan Sarandon is not quite as powerful as some of you think.  Maybe if the DNC actually got some candidates that people were excited about, they might get off the couch and vote.

But, no, looks like we will be voter shaming instead.  Same strategy as last time and maybe the same results and the same blame.  

My hope, is that if we increase votes for Dems even in states that will be an easy win electorally, it will sharpen the contrast when presidents like Trump and Bush get in while losing the popular vote.

At some point we will be forced to reevaluate the process.

And it sure is fun to remind Trump's followers that the creep lost the popular vote.

nan said:
So, did you hear that Bernie got Amazon workers $15 an hour?  

He may be having second thoughts. The latest, from The Times:

Yes, Amazon is increasing wages, which will benefit most employees. But it will no longer give out new stock options and monthly bonuses. Some workers believe that means their total compensation will shrink.

Whether Amazon finds a way to close that gap will be closely watched in Washington. On Oct. 4, Mr. Sanders, an independent from Vermont, sent a letter to Jay Carney, who runs Amazon’s public policy, “asking Amazon to confirm how the total compensation of employees who would have received stock options — those with the company for two or more years — will be affected as a result of the recent changes,” according to a copy provided to The New York Times.

Mr. Sanders, who was alerted to the issue by workers, has not yet received a response from Amazon, a spokesman for the senator said.

A couple of thoughts:

This isn’t the first time that nan has stated whom she voted for. I hope she doesn’t have to repeat herself again.

While claims of McCarthyism can be a dime a dozen, a call for proof of how someone voted strikes me as at least a two-bit instance of it.

paulsurovell said:

DaveSchmidt said:
A couple of thoughts:
This isn’t the first time that nan has stated whom she voted for. I hope she doesn’t have to repeat herself again.
While claims of McCarthyism can be a dime a dozen, a call for proof of how someone voted strikes me as at least a two-bit instance of it.
paulsurovell said:

Well that would be true except you overlook the fact that my comment was a rejoinder to three posts which claimed to know who others voted for. My comment was obviously sarcasm -- just giving them a taste of their own medicine -- not a real call for proof.

paulsurovell said:

My comment was obviously sarcasm -- just giving them a taste of their own medicine -- not a real call for proof.

Oh. Charlie McCarthyism, then.

drummerboy said:

paulsurovell said:

By your logic, no vote counts.
Brilliant analysis.

The Three OCD Amigos claimed (a) that NJ voters who didn't vote for Hillary bear responsibility for Kavanaugh's confirmation and (b) that a particular NJ voter who says that she voted for Hillary didn't vote for Hillary.

If you think it's rational to attack that voter on the basis of (a) and (b) then I guess we've got Four OCD Amigos.

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

My comment was obviously sarcasm -- just giving them a taste of their own medicine -- not a real call for proof.
 Oh. Charlie McCarthyism, then.

Better.

To the Democratic Denizens of MOL

Some words to keep in mind.........from a long ago Republican

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Abraham Lincoln

paulsurovell said:

The Three OCD Amigos claimed (a) that NJ voters who didn't vote for Hillary bear responsibility for Kavanaugh's confirmation and (b) that a particular NJ voter who says that she voted for Hillary didn't vote for Hillary.
If you think it's rational to attack that voter on the basis of (a) and (b) then I guess we've got Four OCD Amigos.

Actually, both a and b are lies. Muchas Gracias

Dennis_Seelbach said:

paulsurovell said:

Actually, both a and b are lies. Muchas Gracias

Agreed.

author said:
Abraham Lincoln

Why, then, have you been trying to divide us?

author said:
Abraham Lincoln

Yes, that's why Trump won. See title of this thread. 

paulsurovell said:

Those are neither the premise of this thread nor the point of my post noting the gloating at the White House (where they are saying how grateful they are for Hillary not getting enough votes where they would have helped). 

sbenois said:

paulsurovell said:

Indeed. I can't even begin to try to unpack the point or even meaning of what's obviously intended as some sort of insult.  

This has nothing to do with who actually voted for whoever, or, whether a vote actually counts in NJ. It has everything to do with active bad-mouthing of the Democratic nominee because it wasn’t who they wanted. There were and are constant assertions about Trump and Hillary as equivalents in evil. There are constant assertions that Bernie would have won. The GOP is not doing this! It’s all Trump every day all day. In terms of looking forward, we got nuthin’.

nohero said:

author said:
Abraham Lincoln
 Yes, that's why Trump won. See title of this thread. 

And he and those with his mind set will continue to win until the Blue voters grow up and stop with the "he started it Ma mentality"

Norman_Bates said:
With respect to deciding for which candidate to vote, I find my favorite Dick Gregory quote to be apt:
"When you've got something really good, you don't have to force it on people.  They will try to steal it!"

I voted for him for President in 1968.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!