Inconsequential Chat

jonesey said:

I won't reveal who this was aimed at, but I wanted to share it for the sheer quality of the invective.

'I know that you are apparently incapable of not weaseling (and I extend a genuine apology to all weasels out there) and cavilling and generally behaving with dishonour and disgrace but, go on, shock the world and pretend that you are not a flacid pile of visionless ego propelled solely by a mindless craving for the trappings and gaudiness of power.'

Oh, that's glorious!

It reads (sounds?) very much like the invective a former Australian Prime Minister would hurl at his opponents across the Parliamentary chamber.

You might care to browse through these - 
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-12/the-collected-insults-of-paul-keating/5071412

&  https://www.azquotes.com/author/7811-Paul_Keating

Sometimes I’d like the Like button to translate into a guffaw or a smile, and sometimes I’d like it to be applause.  wink

If you think about, all animals are intelligent.  Otherwise they'd be extinct.

Take this heron, for example

Either British bird fanciers are in for a treat, or the fetish crowd will be smiling:

Well, it’s Murdoch press ain’t it? I don’t suppose the article is on p3???  grrr

Following the match - Ukraine defeats Scotland in their World Cup playoff - this report has come to hand:

It was a great night! 

Every Scottish supporter was given a Ukrainian flag to wave and all the Scottish supporters sang the Ukrainian national anthem.  Then Scotland let them win 3-1

…………………….

Following the match information has emerged that Scotland offered to send 1,000 football hooligans armed with bagpipes to Ukraine to help in that country’s fight against Russia.

Speaking on behalf of the Scottish Hagas Legion, Lt Cmdr Fergus MacAngus said that the offer had been made in early April of this year.

Earlier today the Ukrainian ambassador to Scotland thanked the Scottish people but rejected the offer, saying “Look, we hate the Russians and will do almost anything to chase them out of our country, but we are not monsters”.

When the ad says the pet food is new and tastier, who tastes it?

marksierra said:

Starving dogs and cats?

mtierney said:

marksierra said:

Starving dogs and cats?

I don't, somehow, think that starving animals would be a good judge as to whether a changed pet food product actually tastes better than the previous version.

Then again, I don't eat pet food.

Must send this to my gym! smile

I've never watched the actual program.  Even with the confected excitement, I don't think I'm missing much.

Staying with the musical theme - or is it variations on the theme?

A friend asked me what I knew about atoms.
I said “very little”.
The friend replied, “Yeah, but besides that.”

No wonder people park like tools.

For the explainers in our midst.

Although, there was a suggestion that the second should actually be written as Fig/2

Thank you for this thread!!

Bach arranged various Vivaldi concertos for organ and harpsichord.

The Concerto in A minor, performed by Siebe Henstra, Menno van Delft, Pieter-Jan Belder and Tineke Steenbrink for All of Bach, is largely based on Vivaldi's Concerto in B minor for four violins and orchestra.

But of course, he gave it an exciting twist, as in Bach’s version the soloists play harpsichords and B minor changed to A minor.

This viewer's comment made me smile:
Vivaldi to Bach: Hey John, I've just finished a concerto for 4 violins!  Bach: Tony, hold my beer, please.

https://youtu.be/emkJ0A7IfkY

smile Their expressions while playing!!  snake oh oh

Essential reading for the holidaying nature lover in your family.

Stolen from elsewhere (of course!)

actual extended LOL over the bird guide.  keep 'em coming, we need this!!

mjc said:

Thank you, and you're most welcome.

There's a lot to read, but you might care to start browsing from the first page of this Blog. There are only 46 pages to catch up on ... so far!

Feel free to ask questions - either here, or privately. 

First explanation, joanne and I are old friends, although I probably shouldn't use the expression 'old' when I'm speaking about a lady.

old friends are one of the best things in life regardless of actual age, and somehow i doubt joanne would take offense/offence

the cover photo on the bird guide though...  worth at least 1,000 words

We’re not that old!! smile Another big point is we’re almost at opposite ends of mainland Australia so this is the best way to maintain regular random chuckles. 

marksierra said:

mjc said:

Thank you, and you're most welcome.

There's a lot to read, but you might care to start browsing from the first page of this Blog. There are only 46 pages to catch up on ... so far!

Feel free to ask questions - either here, or privately. 

First explanation, joanne and I are old friends, although I probably shouldn't use the expression 'old' when I'm speaking about a lady.

Never feel bad about eating unhealthy things like cheesecake. Use the science of relativity.  Cheesecake is healthier than crystal meth.  Take another slice and be thankful.

Cheesecake also has diary in it - and diary has calcium, which we all need.  The cake may also have fruit in it too.  What's not to like?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.