How To Park Like a Tool

Just take a look at this a*shole, This happened this afternoon at Tuscan. This person should NOT be allowed to own and operate a motor vehicle. Move your heap off of someone's bumper you SOB

Today, at Home Depot (notice that I do not blurr the license plates):

tomcat said:

That is an epic @sshole parking job.

I think they have relatives visiting the Gold Coast LOL 

ETA: they love shiny red sports cars, can't park straight and still take up 4 bays. It's our big road race this weekend, the Gold Coast 600, and everyone's here, petrol heads of all ages. 

yahooyahoo said:

tomcat said:

That is an epic @sshole parking job.

Totally.

This is how to park like a tool!

At Home Depot this afternoon.  Notice the 'Olympic' license plate; I wonder whether she also demands 2 lanes at the olympics?

With all that is going on, I have to say it is refreshing to see evidence of a "normal" annoyance.

Oh, how I love this thread. Please keep them coming. 

Perhaps the above is the newest trend, vehicular distancing?

i am in a parking lot getting into my car...both spots on my drivers side are empty....i open my door, grab my lysol and give a spritz on my bag/keys before getting in....get in the car, reach for me keys in my pocket...and a B is leaning on her horn because she HAD to drive through the spot next to my car......it was MY fault she failed to look before pulling in and trying to drive through (she wanted to park the next aisle over)...and could NOT wait 3-5 seconds for me to close my door.

I was so tempted to leave a note on her car "sorry about  the flat tire" and imagine her expression as she checks her tires expecting to see a slashed tire (but not having one...just a scare with the note)

and i was close to the end of the aisle..she could have easily just drove to the end to go around.

There are an incredible number of self-entitled drivers out there.  2 weeks ago I was at ShopRite in Springfield (Morris Avenue), which has a clearly marked one way parking lot.  As I was leaving, a 'gentleman' in a large BMW signalled me to hold back, so he could go against traffic to grab an open spot.

I can get a bit stubborn, so I signalled no.  He repeated his signals.  I grabbed a piece of paper, and wrote '1 way', showed it to him.  He opened his car window, and yelled to me:  'I know, I just want that spot'.

I stuck to my guns, and blocked him.  It took 2-3 minutes before he relented and followed the flow of traffic.  My apologies to the cars behind me.

sticking to your guns can get you murdered...

Given that at any given moment these days there are LITERALLY dozens of empty parking spaces, I thought this thread might sink. But even with an abundance of places to park, people are still making K turns to go left onto spaces, and stopping their cars in the middle of Maplewood Ave to let people in or out. 

But the proverbial cake was taken by a woman the other day picking up food at Arturo's. With two empty, legal parking spaces available directly across from the restaurant, she chose to park her SUV smack in the middle of the crosswalk. With a legal space not even 20 feet from where she parked. Don't people realize it's not safe to block the view of pedestrians in the crosswalk? And why is it that important to save a half dozen steps?

Yes, I got stuck behind a car parked smack in front of Arturo's while the driver got out and walked to the sidewalk to get her curbside pickup order. Then casually put her food in the right side of her car and walked back around, got in a drove off.

It's a travel lane. Not a parking lane. As you pointed out there are multiple open spots all over.

Maybe Arturo's is the BMW of restaurants,  attracting the entitled.

mrincredible said:

It's a travel lane. Not a parking lane.

I think you are wrong about that. Whether its by Arturos, Bagel C, Village C, there are always cars parked to pick up product or passengers or discharge passengers.

You need to understand the difference between de juris and de facto.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

You need to understand the difference between de juris and de facto.

de jure

mrincredible said:

Yes, I got stuck behind a car parked smack in front of Arturo's while the driver got out and walked to the sidewalk to get her curbside pickup order. Then casually put her food in the right side of her car and walked back around, got in a drove off.

It's a travel lane. Not a parking lane. As you pointed out there are multiple open spots all over.

Maybe Arturo's is the BMW of restaurants,  attracting the entitled.

It would be considerate if Arturo's put up a sign that said no parking in front of the store.  But the blame still lies with the a-holes that refuse to park legally.

In Summit, the city has apparently suspended all parking fees, and the shopper lot gates are even open. You could run in a zig zag down Springfield Avenue and not encounter a parked car or, often, even a moving one. Yet a good number of the few parkers there still feel the need to park illegally.  On yellow curbs, across crosswalks, whatever. I guess they just cannot alter their behavior. 

yahooyahoo said:

It would be considerate if Arturo's put up a sign that said no parking in front of the store.  But the blame still lies with the a-holes that refuse to park legally.

But its not just Arturos.

However, Arts could help by telling pick-up customers they will only deliver pick-ups to the side parking spaces.

In the Stop and Shop parking lot this afternoon.  Thankfully there were lots of available spaces.

EBennett said:

In the Stop and Shop parking lot this afternoon.  Thankfully there were lots of available spaces.

Is this tool in 4 parking spots??!!

Innocentbystander said:

Is this tool in 4 parking spots??!!

Yuppers. He probably knows Sheena.  smile

A Maplewood tradition - making an illegal left to park on Maplewood Avenue.

I watched this driver turn left into these spaces in front of the movie theater.  They had plenty of time/opportunity/space but did not bother to straighten out.  

I did not stay to see if they stayed past the 15 minute limit (they went into Kings).  

Maybe it's just me, but over time I've come to equate/expect/not be at all surprised when I observe overly entitled/dangerously inept/blatantly assholish driving &/or parking demonstrated by operators of BMW's, Cadillacs, Audis, huge SUV's of all makes, and, of course, Mercedes...

IS it just me???

-s.

I worked with a man who arrived at the office one day and announced, “Has anyone ever noticed that most people who drive BMW’s are a**holes?” Since that day, I have probably had occasion to recall that moment 987 times. At least. 

Heynj said:

I worked with a man who arrived at the office one day and announced, “Has anyone ever noticed that most people who drive BMW’s are a**holes?” Since that day, I have probably had occasion to recall that moment 987 times. At least. 

Kinda reminds me of the time, Mr. Elephant was walking through the jungle and he fell into one of those pits that the indigenous people dig to trap wildlife. Mr. Elephant began trumpeting his distress throughout the Jungle and who should be happening by, but Mr. Mouse.

Mr. Mouse, immediately appraised the situation, went home and took his BMW out of the garage and drove it to where Mr. Elephant was trapped. He took a rope out of the trunk, tied one end to the little hook under the bumper, told Mr. Elephant to tie the other end around his waist, put the Beemer in reverse and pulled Mr. Elephant out of the pit.

Mr. Elephant was grateful. 

Now, wouldn't you know, it wasn't but a day later that Mr. Mouse fell into the same pit. Mr. Mouse began squeaking loudly, his distress. Fortunately, Mr. Elephant happened to be near and heard the commotion. Mr. Elephant went to the edge of the pit, appraised the situation and lowered his Magnus Vitae into the pit. Mr. Mouse hopped on. Mr. Elephant raised his member to the edge of the pit, Mr. Mouse hopped off and profusely thanked Mr. Elephant for his rescue.

Now the moral of this story is simple: If you got a big d..., you don't need a BMW.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

Heynj said:

Kinda reminds me of the time, Mr. Elephant was walking through the jungle and he fell into one of those pits that the indigenous people dig to trap wildlife. Mr. Elephant began trumpeting his distress throughout the Jungle and who should be happening by, but Mr. Mouse.

Mr. Mouse, immediately appraised the situation, went home and took his BMW out of the garage and drove it to where Mr. Elephant was trapped. He took a rope out of the trunk, tied one end to the little hook under the bumper, told Mr. Elephant to tie the other end around his waist, put the Beemer in reverse and pulled Mr. Elephant out of the pit.

Mr. Elephant was grateful. 

Now, wouldn't you know, it wasn't but a day later that Mr. Mouse fell into the same pit. Mr. Mouse began squeaking loudly, his distress. Fortunately, Mr. Elephant happened to be near and heard the commotion. Mr. Elephant went to the edge of the pit, appraised the situation and lowered his Magnus Vitae into the pit. Mr. Mouse hopped on. Mr. Elephant raised his member to the edge of the pit, Mr. Mouse hopped off and profusely thanked Mr. Elephant for his rescue.

Now the moral of this story is simple: If you got a big d..., you don't need a BMW.

lol

on SO Ave just up the street from the UPS Store,. Not only did she pick an illegal spot, she left the car's butt sticking into traffic.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.