Frost Advisory

Tuesday, October 18th

Frost Advisory tonight and tomorrow night.

Temperatures in the 30s tonight and Wednesday night may produce areas of light frost, damaging tender plants.


max_weisenfeld said:

Tuesday, October 18th

Frost Advisory tonight and tomorrow night.

Temperatures in the 30s tonight and Wednesday night may produce areas of light frost, damaging tender plants.

Thanks, Max! I am worried about my house plants, but they are too huge and wet to bring inside. Would that I could have yesterday back... Just have to hope for the best. 


KarenMarlowe said:

Thanks, Max! I am worried about my house plants, but they are too huge and wet to bring inside. Would that I could have yesterday back... Just have to hope for the best. 

can you put a very big garbage bag over the plants?


Jaytee said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Thanks, Max! I am worried about my house plants, but they are too huge and wet to bring inside. Would that I could have yesterday back... Just have to hope for the best. 

can you put a very big garbage bag over the plants?

Somehow, I doubt that is a good idea. They need air and water, even in winter. That is why burlap is used to protect against wind. 

Most important is to mulch the base, AFTER the first frost.


Formerlyjerseyjack said:

Jaytee said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Thanks, Max! I am worried about my house plants, but they are too huge and wet to bring inside. Would that I could have yesterday back... Just have to hope for the best. 

can you put a very big garbage bag over the plants?

Somehow, I doubt that is a good idea. They need air and water, even in winter. That is why burlap is used to protect against wind. 

Most important is to mulch the base, AFTER the first frost.

I think jaytee was just talking about using a bag overnight.


drummerboy said:

I think jaytee was just talking about using a bag overnight.

yes. Just for last night then move the plants inside once they’re dried. I should have stated that. 


Jaytee said:

drummerboy said:

I think jaytee was just talking about using a bag overnight.

yes. Just for last night then move the plants inside once they’re dried. I should have stated that. 

I knew what you meant. I did not but they seem okay. Time will tell...



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Real Estate Listings

Advertise here!