Feet on the Seats -- The Blog

so, not feet on the seats, but maybe worse... last week as I was waiting to find out the track for going home (in Penn Station) some guy was standing there clipping his nails. clip clip clip clip clip... and as if that wasn't bad enough (it's a sound that makes me feel ill) he was letting the 'trimmings' just fall to the floor. If I was a puker, I would have aimed for his feet.

I know that this is thread drift, but what is it with public nail clipping? Last month it was a guy on a bus in NYC, I moved to another seat. Last year there was a girl in the Millburn Starbucks who I actually confronted.

Even if one is oblivious to the sanitary issues, why would you want to clip your nails on a moving vehicle?

I saw a guy clipping his nails on the subway and after each clip, he had a full-body spasm.

A couple of reasons why I'm loving this thread...

marylago said:

She put her hands over her ears pretending she couldn't hear me.

Tom_Reingold said:

...after each clip, he had a full-body spasm.

Wow. I don't know why, but people still amaze me.

I saw an old guy clipping his yucky toe nails at the Maplewood Pool. Disgusting!

I know. I know. We should start a new thread about public nail clipping, thankey!

It's all just an extension of no manners ..talk on your cell all over ..any where so why not feet on the seat of a public transport or clipping nails or downing a drink from a brown bag?

It's ME and no concern that others share that space..
How about a couple taking up 4 seats with their bags using two seats....talking away totally ignoring that the train is full and lots of people need a seat.....look the other way as long as we can get where we want to go...

icdart said:

...or downing a drink from a brown bag?

What's wrong with this?

lisat said:

I saw an old guy clipping his yucky toe nails at the Maplewood Pool!

I saw a young guy clipping his toenails on the train! So there! I can tie it to this thread easily. (But talk about gross!!!)

I agree public nail clipping is gross, but I can't rationally say why it's gross. Nail clippings are no dirtier than stray hairs that fall and go unnoticed. Same for skin cells and breath.

Tom_Reingold said:

I agree public nail clipping is gross, but I can't rationally say why it's gross. Nail clippings are no dirtier than stray hairs that fall and go unnoticed. Same for skin cells and breath.

Those things are gross, but at least it's passively gross, someone is not going out of their way to make it so and nail clippings are much grosser--harder, sharper, more solid. Ugh!

marylago said:

Tom_Reingold said:

Those things are gross, but at least it's passively gross, someone is not going out of their way to make it so and nail clippings are much grosser--harder, sharper, more solid. Ugh!

They're also potential projectiles - nail clippings can really get some distance on 'em.

(I once worked in a section of cubicles where I shared a wall with a very fastidious gentleman who clipped his nails at his desk nearly every single day. Sent shivers right up my spine. GO TO THE BATHROOM, FFS.)

It's the personal grooming in public that I find objectionable. Plus, the sound. (I start counting to see if they got all 10.)

If only I had a smart phone I could have taken a nice photo on the 2:47 out of Maplewood of a woman with worn out black shoes.

Just hopped on a train to NYC, and what I saw reminded me of this blog.

The train is surprisingly crowded for a Sunday afternoon on a holiday weekend. I came upon a two-seater occupied by a small woman, so I stopped. She was crouched on the seat, feet underneath her, with her bag next to her. Ick. However, at least she didn't act TOO put upon when I asked to sit down. But, wow.

All dressed and ready to get comfy. Wrong color socks there bud.( IMO)

I'd give him a pass. Tie bar, pocket hankie, summer-weight suit. Very natty.

It's been very quiet in my world -- haven't seen any transgressors. Now, if I could only do something about that guy who always sits in front of me in the mornings who takes a bath in his cologne (but you can't snap a photo of that)! :-D

We need smell-o-vision. Let's petition Jamie and/or Dave to install a new option!

Oh, heavens! If they invented that, the Food Network would have it and I'd weigh 500 pounds just from watching it. grin)

The funny part was that I forgot to turn off my flash, so this shot was immediately followed by a bunch of very unpleasant stares and the immedate removal of the pictured feet....

jeff-f -- you "outted" yourself! LOL!

This young woman was practically rubbing her feet into the seats. Ugh!

Egads, it continues! :-((

Bainbridge Island ferry to Seattle, taken June 21.

ok- not exactly the train, but this thread has been quiet. This jackwad subleases a section of our office. Half the day he has his feet on the table or desk.

With all that food on the table? People eat there? Ugh!

SODawg said:

ok- not exactly the train, but this thread has been quiet. This jackwad subleases a section of our office. Half the day he has his feet on the table or desk.

I love your usage of the word, 'jackwad'.

I'm much more tolerant of feet on seats and stuff like that, but on a table where people eat? That is way, way over the line. Please, talk to the guy or make sure someone does.

Saw this guy on the subway this morning. His ID Lanyard said "NYC GOV".

I yi yi. Looks like he saw you take the shot?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!