I had Covid for about a month, 5 weeks if you count the lingering symptoms that stay after you test negative. My first positive test was Oct-21. 

It was a mild case, felt like had a mild flu for the first 10 days, then it felt like a mild cold.  Never lost sense of smell or taste. After I tested negative, the cough and the fatigue remained. Only missed one day of work from feeling sick. As of a few days ago, I think I'm back to 100%. I started exercising again. 

Spoke to my cardiologist about exercising, about the embolisms and the other heart ailments that are a result of Covid. He said mild cases, low instances of heart ailments. Severe cases, more likely heart symptoms. He said start exercising slowly. 

As of now, I feel very lucky and very good. Its good to be active again. 

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

Nonsense. How are the first grades gonna pick their noses with a mask on?

True Story --- thread drift, but....

(Not real names of students)

School where I was teaching, approximately 1980.   

Kids were tracked and this was the sweat hog group. Teacher is trying to present a lesson.

Rocco:  "Ewww." (No response from teacher.

Rocco: Again, "Ewwwwwww. Gross"  It is now clear that lesson is not gonna proceed until "Ewwww" is acknowledged.

Teacher: "O.K. Rocco. What's wrong?"

Rocco: "  Its Donny, Mr. L.  He picked is nose and threw it on the floor. EWWWWWWWWW"

Donny: "I did not, Mr. L."

Rocco:  "He did too, Mr. L." With that, Rocco reaches down and scoops the snot off the floor with his finger and hold it up for all to see.  "Here it is." 

Are medical professionals getting the virus on the job, despite every possible precaution? That’s a scary thought, as I constantly tell/reassure myself the vast majority of those getting sick have been at bars and parties and weddings. Or, last week, Thanksgiving dinners. 

In hospital last night, I saw patients vomit and poo all over the nurses trying to help them in their beds. I saw people push the nurses and their mobile workstations, with equipment and samples etc, so forcefully that not were contents upset over bedding, furniture (chairs, ledges, cupboards etc) but the nurses themselves including drenching through their uniforms and PPE.  The staff were changing more than 6 times an hour in some cases. (NOTE We have no active cases of Covid that I’m aware of, but we’re still testing, isolating, masking etc)

The wardies are cleaning and sanitising everything after every use, and then once an hour. But by the time you’re collecting soiled bed linen, washing the floor (again), changing pillows (again), cleaning difficult/traumatised patient (again) who’s probably still flinging poo and still vomiting but refusing to recognise you’re trying hold a large receptacle for the stuff... it’s hard to duck. How the staff smile, maintain compassion & calm I truly do not know. 
ETA: patients refused assistance to go to bathrooms, use commodes, wouldn’t recognise bedpans or bottles, forgot halfway through what they were doing/who was helping them & and screamed in fear; one person with a badly blocked stoma claimed her PTSD wouldn’t let anyone come near her for any assistance yet kept insisting they help but come close or bring equipment...  And this was in the Short Stay ward. Everyone’s already cleaned up a bit. Imagine Emergency? 

Total COVID-19 cases in the U.S. now up to 31.4M.

9.5% of the U.S. population has had COVID-19. Nearly 1 out of every 10 people.

Double* that for the likely real number (those who had it, but were asymptomatic).

* total guess

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.