For about 30 years, Allen Parmet has been a member of the Ethical Culture Society of Essex County and a board member of the New Jersey Jazz Society also for about 30 years. Several years ago, Allen presented a program entitled “An Introduction to Jazz” at one of our weekly meetings. This presentation was very successful and he was asked to provide a sequel, the introduction having covered mostly the period from 1920 to 1930.
The sequel will cover the period from 1940 to 1950, including selections as follows:
· BobWilber (soprano saxophone): Roses of Picardy, Summertime
· Artie Shaw Gramercy Five: Summit Ridge Drive, Any Old Time (Billie Holiday, vocal)
· Lee Wiley (vocal): I Don’t Stand a Ghost of a Chance (Bunny Berigan, trumpet)
· Teddy Wilson (piano): This Heart of Mine
· Mark Shane (piano): Deep Purple (Ragtime, played in 6 movements)
6 Bd | 3Full, 2 Half Ba